Tick Tock - Camo video

Started by frvge, February 14, 2009, 06:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gui Brazil

As in, working for pixar? No, i'm 17.

I went to several studios, including pixar, dreamworks, paramount, warner, universal, ILM, etc, etc, when I was in california last year.

I <3 U

Quote from: Rambo on February 16, 2009, 05:34:04 PM
Quote from: Gui Brazil on February 16, 2009, 01:00:50 PM
Because it looks pretty.
not funny (though it's true, good art job at least)...
Quote from: FR33M4N on February 16, 2009, 02:14:35 PM
When camo's activated its invisible (in the video atleast). Is that just video quality issues or is it really that transparent in-game?
freeman, go check if you need glasses or a monitor calibration :P
Quote from: LennardF1989 on February 16, 2009, 01:05:01 PM
...and because it will replace the sound effect.
the whole beauty of camo is that you can use it in the open and that it works best the bigger the distance. removing the activation sound is quite questionable on it's own, but replacing it with such a long and eye-catching visual effect is a very bad idea balance-wise.
[/qoute]

I agree. The visual cue will make it practically impossible to use if a merc is looking your way, no matter how far away he is....

frvge

Quote from: neth on February 16, 2009, 02:46:53 PM
Well, we could expect more after 3 months with no update.
I told you it would be a small update. If you can get me an artist who's willing to work at least 15 hours a week on Project Stealth, please contact me. Goes for programmers and animators too.

Of course, we have a bit more, like the other options in the poll, but it's not yet ready enough. Too raw.

As for the other comments:
Yes, currently the visual effect replaces the sound. Why? Sound can be heard across rooms, this effect won't bounce of many walls. If you are already in direct-sight of the Merc, that's silly.

There's a distortion/refraction, based on your speed and (probably) the distance to the Merc. It works like the MT-system: the closer/faster you are to a Merc, the more refraction (= easier to notice). However, if you are standing still next to an unsuspecting Merc, you're invisible.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

AgentX_003

Quote from: frvge on February 16, 2009, 08:19:17 PM
Quote from: neth on February 16, 2009, 02:46:53 PM
Well, we could expect more after 3 months with no update.
I told you it would be a small update. If you can get me an artist who's willing to work at least 15 hours a week on Project Stealth, please contact me. Goes for programmers and animators too.

Of course, we have a bit more, like the other options in the poll, but it's not yet ready enough. Too raw.

As for the other comments:
Yes, currently the visual effect replaces the sound. Why? Sound can be heard across rooms, this effect won't bounce of many walls. If you are already in direct-sight of the Merc, that's silly.

There's a distortion/refraction, based on your speed and (probably) the distance to the Merc. It works like the MT-system: the closer/faster you are to a Merc, the more refraction (= easier to notice). However, if you are standing still next to an unsuspecting Merc, you're invisible.

Don't mind neth, i talked to him over xfire and he like many don't understand its not just a simple rabbit out of the hat, and its funny how many people are so skeptical then get silenced when there is an update.

People for gods sake stop being soo negative , this kind of attitude doesn't really inspire hope, so stay positive , at least as i said before things are being produced and definitely not a half ass job like doubleagent was.  so chill!!!!!!!!

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

LennardF1989

Well, as long as it's constructive I don't care about any feedback/critics given...

Roberto1223

sorry to say this guys. i know u wont consider my opinion, but i didnt like the camo..

the glow is like ridiculous.

suppose ur in a situation were u want to cross from one shadow to another separated by a light. to do so u have to turn ur camo on, but the god damn green-goblin glow gives u away.

fuckin great! yay!

AgentX_003

Quote from: Roberto1223 on February 17, 2009, 05:57:34 AM
sorry to say this guys. i know u wont consider my opinion, but i didnt like the camo..

the glow is like ridiculous.

suppose ur in a situation were u want to cross from one shadow to another separated by a light. to do so u have to turn ur camo on, but the god damn green-goblin glow gives u away.

fuckin great! yay!

:/ obviously the code is gunna be so only the spy sees the green and not the merc.....

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

frvge

In CT, you'd have the activation sound, which alerts all Mercs in a certain radius, including different rooms.
Now you only have to time that the Merc in the same room isn't looking at you.

If you're concealed, it should be fine.

We will playtest this of course.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Gawain

frvge, you're talking nonsense:
QuoteYes, currently the visual effect replaces the sound. Why? Sound can be heard across rooms, this effect won't bounce of many walls. If you are already in direct-sight of the Merc, that's silly.
what's the visual effect good for if it's silly to activate in the mercs line of sight anyways? why the fuck don't you let it up to the player to decide what's silly and what could work in some special occasions??
QuoteThere's a distortion/refraction, based on your speed and (probably) the distance to the Merc. It works like the MT-system: the closer/faster you are to a Merc, the more refraction (= easier to notice). However, if you are standing still next to an unsuspecting Merc, you're invisible.
we don't need that. camo is meant to be good at distance, not up close. it also makes no sense to further nerf moving with camo as it's easier to make out a moving distortion than a static one anyways.
Quotesuppose ur in a situation were u want to cross from one shadow to another separated by a light. to do so u have to turn ur camo on, but the god damn green-goblin glow gives u away.
damn right.
what about simply making the camo activation noise so gentle that it can't be heard across the whole map? if you allow something like super-eax-hearing the whole game will suck anyways, so don't tell me that you guys have no influence over the sound system and that it blows in this engine, because if that's the case this whole project is doomed anyways.
it's stuff like that that clearly shows you need someone responsible for balance decisions cause you obviously have no clue how small changes have effect on the gameplay.

neth

Quote from: AgentX_003 on February 16, 2009, 11:41:48 PM

Don't mind neth, i talked to him over xfire and he like many don't understand its not just a simple rabbit out of the hat, and its funny how many people are so skeptical then get silenced when there is an update.

People for gods sake stop being soo negative , this kind of attitude doesn't really inspire hope, so stay positive , at least as i said before things are being produced and definitely not a half ass job like doubleagent was.  so chill!!!!!!!!

Im realistic. If you can't find people who would be willing to work 2 hours a day, then we've got a serious problem here. And seriously, please stop saying you are so busy that you don't have time for anything, just admit it's a matter of willingness.

Snakebit.

I am skeptcal about project stealth still but not because of its production but simply because not many people will play it.

frvge

I admit we have a problem in allocation. People either are just too busy, other people lack willingness/motivation. That's the reason why I'm constantly looking for new talent :)

@Snakebit,
Don't worry too much about that.

SCDuRiN

Really nice camo, great job guys :).

Snakebit.

Heh it is just a general concern of mine ....

Farley4Fan

Looks great.  Not sure what the lighting up might do to gameplay but we'll save that discussion until testing.  Very impressive guys.   :)