Tick Tock (basic movement animations)

Started by frvge, May 04, 2009, 12:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Spekkio

My first thought was "wow that's small" until I saw that he gets bigger as you go faster. Very nice touch, I like.

LoChang

Looks great!

Mercenary must have a small...erm, PAIR OF HANDS.

neth

Really impressive. Spy looks cool when running, like an animal predator, except for it doesn't look best from behind. Great job anyway, very professional.

Bubbaganoosh

Nice work guys. Looks like things are coming along nicely.
"It is a well-documented fact that if you smoke weed you will become a terrorist."  - Farley4Fan
Well it made me lol.

Verex

Looking sweet! I have only one criticism, the roll. He dives straight in front, and roles on his spine. In real life, to do a proper and efficient roll, we have to enter with a shoulder(lets say the right shoulder) and exit on the opposite hip point(left side hip). Thats spreads all the force across the body so not to damage your back. I know its pre-alpha and you might know this, but i thought i would give my opinion. :)

frvge

As you said: in real life ;) Luckily, we're not 100% restrained by that. IMO this looks way cooler than CTs dive.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Verex

I cant remember how the CT dive looked(trying to get my game back off my friend to check it out again lol) but imo it looks cool from the side, but from behind it just doesnt look natural. But as you said, its a game, and if japan can have 30ft robots, we can roll straight! :D

frvge

Of course, we'll try to have realistic animations. But 100% realism is not key.

Tidenburg

I still haven't seen it. It's just audio for me.

frvge

Westfall

I love that the spy runs like a velociraptor  :-*

Nice work guys!

Tidenburg

Hehe, the merc was hunched like an old man. ;D

Everything else was great, I love the slow movement, it's alot more how you'd expect someone to sneak in real life. Though I have to agree with Verex that the roll not only looks wierd, but would destroy your spine after a few gos. :P

OFFICER

its really cool move, I remain happy when I look as spy runs
:)
Has come,Has seen,Has won

frvge

Don't forget that the Spy has a spine-protector. :p