Different spy and merc sound themes.

Started by Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet, June 05, 2008, 10:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

http://www.projectstealthgame.com/index.php/topic,1205.0.html
^Read.

Now, how about creating two 'colliding' themes?
This would show more of the difference between the spies and the mercs.

frvge

Maybe, but the styles need to be the same.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Zedblade

Quote from: frvge on June 05, 2008, 10:17:48 PM
Maybe, but the styles need to be the same.

not really

Spy = Creepy electronic music to get players on edge
Merc = Hard hitting rock/eletronic to get players hearts pumping

frvge

I mean the styles of the composers. Of course a composer can do different music styles, but that's not what   I meant.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

AgentX_003

no offense , is it just me , or have i just seen anybody thats applied been turned down in a heart beat =/.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

AgentX_003

further more , im pissed that faggets bitching that they have rights to the name ProjectStealth for HL2 mod.. ive done a search on google and see no match.

Theodore W

Quote from: Liqu1D_133 on June 05, 2008, 10:02:45 PM
Now, how about creating two 'colliding' themes?
This would show more of the difference between the spies and the mercs.

This is already happening,

No good score can exist without colliding elements whether its technical or style related,

A frontal collision will do nothing but destroying the balance in the orchestration, good collision should always be purely semantical within the overall structure.

goodkebab

Quote from: AgentX_003 on June 06, 2008, 04:08:38 AM
no offense , is it just me , or have i just seen anybody thats applied been turned down in a heart beat =/.

Because Theo is onboard as our sound guy,  and we only have space for 1.

I <3 U

Quote from: goodkebab on June 06, 2008, 08:22:01 AM

The more the merrier right? A helping hand is always nice..

BurningDeath

Quote from: FR33M4N on June 07, 2008, 12:34:21 AM
Quote from: goodkebab on June 06, 2008, 08:22:01 AM

The more the merrier right? A helping hand is always nice..
Too many cooks spoil the broth.

.leelu12.

im not sure exactly what these themes are, you are referring to.  :-[
I have noticed though, the different music that plays at the end of a round on the ump maps. I really like this. Maybe some eager people (if they like this idea) could design some different tunes for the ends of different maps? Maybe if you win/loose?
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk268/anaperkovic/LeeluPinkFLowers.jpg[/img]

Add my xfire (leelu12) to chat sc/ps or organise a game/train me :D
<|TLK|>  {{ (T)eam (L)ion (K)ing - if you think this film is cool, add this below your sig :P }}

Blank Man

Quote from: .leelu12. on June 07, 2008, 02:01:03 AM
im not sure exactly what these themes are, you are referring to.  :-[
I have noticed though, the different music that plays at the end of a round on the ump maps. I really like this. Maybe some eager people (if they like this idea) could design some different tunes for the ends of different maps? Maybe if you win/loose?

No crap if you win/lose, that's a big part of the end music. The different music for UMP maps is from Pandora, and it really doesn't change the quality of the game in my eyes, so 2 songs (1 for winning, 1 for losing) are fine.

Theodore W

The pieces that I have written for PS so far are more than just winning & losing cues, also its way too early to work on the winning & losing tunes according to maps, we are still in pre-alpha, from a professional point of view, I would not start doing sketches of the win/lose cues until I have played the prototype, and have a good perspective of what the actual ingame experience might be ((especially the action side of things (because psychologically winning & losing pieces are more action oriented than atmospheric support)). Besides these tracks will not take long to write, considering the duration requirement of the pieces.

Dont worry, the quality of the score is the least that I can guarantee, it may not be a universal dish for eveyone on the face of the planet, however I can assure you that it will be the right music narrative for the project, I take PS seriously as I do with all my other projects no matter paid or non paid, otherwise I would have shot myself a long time ago for wasting my own and other people's time. I much prefer to be sharpening my pencils in front of my piano than internal politics.

Unnecessary distraction is the last thing you want in any productions, thats one of the reasons why most of the films and games or other multimedia artforms only have one composer, one cinematographer, one director etc. per a project. Playing 4-hand piano with someone you dont know is too much of a risk, even players of double tennis matches get to practice the same piece years before hand. Its hard as it is to dance between the raindrops by yourself.

I dont think any sane composers would feel comfortable to write anything as specific as winning & losing pieces are to the gameplay at this stage.

Its too early to talk over post-production related matters, lets have this discussion in beta if we need to.

Have a good weekend everyone :)

AgentX_003

@ blankman friend  :  epic fail cause in pandora it wasn't just about winning or loosing it was the music that got you racing when the timer was really low, that made you wanna have a heart attack from the adrenline

@ theodore , Very nice input man and have a good weekend too :D always nice to see such input and also

i liked the score in the first video and for that to continue on , i think it would fit the bill for PS at least its not annoying like Amon tobins chaostheory music that sounds like a broken ambulance  :-\

oh doubleagent too wasn't that bad it looped but it didn't give me a headache =).