Main Menu

Neck snap

Started by Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet, December 09, 2007, 12:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

I think that there should be no holding of the merc by the spy. Just a very fast neck snap/ k.o , like what Sam does in the inverted neck animation.
Another thing is the neck hitbox. It should be on the whole area of the mercs back, ending where the arms start. Also escaping necks by jumping and turning around should be prevented.

Imo this would cut off the need to synch player, since it would work like the knife in CS.
It would also need alot of balancing, since it would encourage aggro, but i believe it is worth a try.

InvisibleMan999

No, there are cool stuff you can do while holding the merc, like using him to bypass merc only doors. The hold should definitely be left in.

Farley4Fan

1.  Go play another hour of CT right now because I'm starting to think you are the anti-christ with 666 hours.

2.  I personally like to hold a merc just to piss him off and talk shit to him.  When you just snap his neck you don't have a chance to let him know how bad he sucks  :D

3.  Mercenaries will have NO chance to save their teammate.  Currently they do have a chance although it is small.

4.  I think the neck snap should be a fast twist of the merc's head but the animation should be a little shorter than it does now.  Like as soon as you snap his neck you should be able to move and not have to drop his body down all nice and soft.  It's just retarded.

5. I agree with you on the hitbox.  Except for the fact that lag issues and bugs will be fixed so the hitbox will be bigger anyways.  With lag you can be directly behind a merc and elbow him, with that bug gone the hitbox will be larger.

6.  Anyone else prefer the DA style of grab?  It just looks better.  DA grabbing sucks though because you can't elbow.  Then someone can just go around and spam the grab button until they grab him.

8.  You can't use him to bypass doors if you automatically snap his neck.

7.  That's all I have to say about that. * Forest Gump voice *  ;D

Well, i saw the merc being saved by his partner TWICE in my life, while one of the two times was in PT.
I NEVER saw a spy get through merc-only doors like that - there's just too little time to play Sam Fisher.

Test-Subject

I disagree.. this would remove two of the best feelings:

1- holding a merc while ur partner hacking
2- Headshoting a spy and saving ur partner life

Well, IMO holding the merc is useless, and hsing the spy that holds your partner just doesn't happen.

Overstatement

I think knocking out should allow the spy to escape somehow like using the merc as a shield right up until you can take out your shocker. Breaking should be slow which means death if his partner is staring at you.

So spies can choose between killing and dying (assuming his partner is there to kill you) or knocking out and living.

Can't the spy push the merc in the direction of the other merc to buy a split second distraction? That's what I would do if I were a movie character.

Test-Subject

little note of the side :

I think that knocking out the merc should buy the spies more or at least as much time that killing him (unless he get wake up by is team8)...

Cyntrox

Quote from: Overstatement on December 09, 2007, 02:15:01 AM
I think knocking out should allow the spy to escape somehow like using the merc as a shield right up until you can take out your shocker. Breaking should be slow which means death if his partner is staring at you.
I've been thinking the same. There should be an advantage in knocking out.

frvge

The advantage is:

- merc not spawning near the objective (when the objective is close to spawn point)
- merc doesnt get refill of gadgets/ammo
- merc stays empty on gadgets (see above)
- spy knows general location of merc.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Cyntrox

Sure, I'll rephrase that: There should be a bigger advantage in knocking out. IMO.

Christf

The holding the merc and either knocking him out or killing him is a great idea. Also the idea of pushing the merc into the other one would be awesome.

Farley4Fan

DAMN!! Are you serious!?  I was just about to get on here and suggest the pushing into the other merc idea, but you beat me to it.  How?  >:(  JK

Anyways, yeah.  That would be good.  It should atleast knock one of them down when you push them together, if not, both of them.

Also the idea where you can only pull out your gun if he is knocked out is great!  You get to use the merc as a shield and shock/nade the other merc.  And all the while you get to talk to the outcold merc in your arms:  " Hey stupid ass, right now I'm putting 3,000 volts in your teammates head and I'm writing my name on your ass with sharpie! "

:D

Christf

Test-Subject

Quote from: Papa Skull on December 09, 2007, 03:10:33 AM
DAMN!! Are you serious!?  I was just about to get on here and suggest the pushing into the other merc idea, but you beat me to it.  How?  >:(  JK

Anyways, yeah.  That would be good.  It should atleast knock one of them down when you push them together, if not, both of them.

Also the idea where you can only pull out your gun if he is knocked out is great!  You get to use the merc as a shield and shock/nade the other merc.  And all the while you get to talk to the outcold merc in your arms:  " Hey stupid ass, right now I'm putting 3,000 volts in your teammates head and I'm writing my name on your ass with sharpie! "

:D

I like the idea but what is the max time you can hold the knock-out merc... untill he wake up or the wake-up timer start when you let him go?