The **** is this?

Started by Farley4Fan, August 31, 2011, 02:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cronky

I'm not sure what it is, but I'll watch it. ...If only for glowy nightvision goggles.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

LennardF1989

Looks fucking awesome.

There is a movie coming in 2013 as well, but I don't put much hope in that. As them movie rights has been floating around between different holders since 2006.

Bubbaganoosh

If it happens I hope they have a decent budget so it doesn't look like some piece of shit B movie.
"It is a well-documented fact that if you smoke weed you will become a terrorist."  - Farley4Fan
Well it made me lol.

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

Quote from: LennardF1989 on August 31, 2011, 01:07:26 PM
Looks fucking awesome.

There is a movie coming in 2013 as well, but I don't put much hope in that. As them movie rights has been floating around between different holders since 2006.

A splinter Cell movie? For real? Even though I would love to see one it probably going to be real bad and nothing like the game.

I mean, how exciting can a movie be where Sam or whoever infiltrates with 100% stealth.

Tidenburg

Notice how you can tell an indie film almost immediately by the way it's shot?

I'm not even into cinematography that much, but it just reeks of amateur.

Will give it a look though :3

Bubbaganoosh

Quote from: Tidenburg on August 31, 2011, 04:17:08 PM
Notice how you can tell an indie film almost immediately by the way it's shot?

I'm not even into cinematography that much, but it just reeks of amateur.

Will give it a look though :3

That's kind of what I was thinking. This has a low budget look but I'm hoping I'm wrong.
"It is a well-documented fact that if you smoke weed you will become a terrorist."  - Farley4Fan
Well it made me lol.

LennardF1989

Does it matter much? I mean, since it has the Splinter Cell name, it has to be endorsed by Ubisoft in some way as they are legitimate owners of the name.

Bubbaganoosh

Quote from: LennardF1989 on August 31, 2011, 05:49:41 PM
Does it matter much? I mean, since it has the Splinter Cell name, it has to be endorsed by Ubisoft in some way as they are legitimate owners of the name.

Wouldn't Clancy own the rights? I thought it was his original idea and UBI made a game from it (but I don't know for sure).
Well it made me lol.

NeoSuperior

as i heard it, Ubi bought the "clancy" name, before they made splinter cell. They only use "clancy" in games that resamble clancy's books, (conspiracy theories ftw) but i may be wrong there. The only Tom clancy book i read is "hunt for red october" though... But it was good!
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

As far as I know, Clancy himself had nothing to do with any of the recent 'Clancy' titles. The name still holds some market value, that is probably why Ubisoft keeps using it.

Tidenburg

Ubisoft purchased the rights to make any game and slap Clancy's name on it. I doubt it extends to film deals.