Map Idea, Thoughts?

Started by Digital-Maniac, January 29, 2010, 01:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digital-Maniac

I'm posting this here because Agent said I should have and it was stupid of me and complained about me posting it on the scct forums, though I really wouldnt have too much time to dedicate to this kind of ambitous project I'd love to see if you guys/someone can take a crack at it...
I know it's a large map but here's what I wrote on the ubi forums....

"I want to make a map, but I suck at making maps...

It's a large map and i've suggested it before.
But something like an arena, like a basketball arena (I wish Madison Square Garden) but broken into sectors (3 or 4 objectives) with the final objective being the main arena possibly with a lit basketball court and a hack to shut off all the lights and maybe turn on a light show like when players are introduced. but the arena will obviously be empty and maybe partially closed off "due to construction" or because the engine cant handle it.

I'm not sure if its possible but I wish I could give it a shot, ive tried in the past but my skills are lacking.

and also all that hard work probably wont be worth it since only 65 or so people play. but it has potential in my opinion"
???

Cronky

I could imagine it. Kind of like the Museum level but obviously... Way different (Not sure why I think of that as a comparison really).

Big open middle.

Maybe a hack or something in a concession stand (On the outside ring, under the stands).

Maintenance area where you could control the lights or perhaps change Maintenance into Security and turn off Cams.

Somewhat close quarters fighting in the around area (Thinking like Cafe in Museum kind of close).

Announcer Box could start the Light Show/Distraction-type event.

It's an image, but that's about all I got. 
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

Digital-Maniac

yea im totally digging it man, lol.  
I'm thinking 4 or 5 sectors.  

1st - Parking lot, open a hack or blow up a bomb and open some doors/gates (like station)
2nd & 3rd - hallways (MSG has like 5 floors) perhaps this one will have like two seperate floors where you can hack 1 or 2 pc's to open doors to the main arena... (think like clubhouse with signage like rivermall) Narrow corridors, concession stands,
3rd - Main arena hard wood floor, stadium style seating, big scoreboard in the middle maybe a bomb on top that brings the scoreboard down.  but I think the main objective here should be to grab a disk from the scorers table and bring it outside of the arena to the back of a van

AgentX_003

Quote from: Digital-Maniac on January 29, 2010, 02:36:24 AM
yea im totally digging it man, lol.  
I'm thinking 4 or 5 sectors.  

1st - Parking lot, open a hack or blow up a bomb and open some doors/gates (like station)
2nd & 3rd - hallways (MSG has like 5 floors) perhaps this one will have like two seperate floors where you can hack 1 or 2 pc's to open doors to the main arena... (think like clubhouse with signage like rivermall) Narrow corridors, concession stands,
3rd - Main arena hard wood floor, stadium style seating, big scoreboard in the middle maybe a bomb on top that brings the scoreboard down.  but I think the main objective here should be to grab a disk from the scorers table and bring it outside of the arena to the back of a van

nice idea but at the same time , its a hit and miss of what i was trying to say..  Pretty much Try to make hte map your self of what you know and then consult someone ie. zedblade or other mappers on here to  Help you with hte editor. O_O.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

I <3 U

Nice idea. Wasn't the last tick tock like 5 months ago, certainly feels like it...

Digital-Maniac

Agent I'd love to but the map would never come out if I did it and would end up like 20% complete... My attention span isnt long with those things and I've got very little patience for the process...

Perhaps someday some game will satisfy this desire

frvge

Nah, it was sooner. But things didn't go very fast for a month or two. We're now coding stuff so you can actually see some things in a more finalized form in the next media release, I think.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Farley4Fan

Maybe a gymnasium.  Not a stadium.  A fitness gym. 

There would be a small gym with treadmills and stairmasters - cardio room(1 terminal) and a large basketball court with some stands (1 terminal and a disc).  The cardio room would have a large skylight with the moon providing light from the top so it can't get too dark but it would would make a nice entrance for spies on the roof.

Then a boiler room that you could bomb and take out the power/lights/security.

Maybe a dark weight room with a terminal. 

2nd floor there would be offices with maybe a disc and another terminal.  From the offices there would be a large window that spies/mercs could look through and observe one of the gyms when the blinds are hacked.

Spies would start outside the complex and have multiple ways/angles to infiltrate.   

Spies would have to take 4 objectives. 

The layout would go like this:  Small lobby up front, large main weight room close to the lobby, cardio/basketball court/boiler room would all branch out from this main room.  Spies spawn on the roof or something.

I personally wouldn't have a problem with a MSG type stadium that you are thinking of.  I can imagine the catwalks near the roof where the lights shine down.  Those lights could be hacked out on each side to create a very dark open court.  There still wouldn't be much cover in this open court area other than some seats so darkness would be the only tool for stealth.  A concession stand would be nice and the locker rooms would be no-brainers.  It would be kind of like River Mall in a way.