Main Menu

3D Environmental Artist

Started by kn0r, May 06, 2009, 10:18:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kn0r

Nickname:
kn0r

Personal status:
Currently finishing my graduation project, expected graduation date is june 2009. After that(actually I'm already searching) I'm looking for a job at, hopefully, a well established game developer anywhere in the world.

For which position you apply to
3D Artist.

Your qualifications and skills
Currently attending the course Game Design & Development (Netherlands, that's Europe ;)).
I have specialized myself in Environmental stuff. I'm all rounded and can do highpoly hardsurface as wel as more organic stuff. Can texture using photosourcing, from scratch or handpainted for a more stylized look. Great understanding of engine limitations regarding lowpoly modelling and optimizing, tiling textures etc.

Your experience
Proffesional:
- Part-time level artist on an undisclosed Xbox360 title using UE3. Did some leveldesign, created building blocks, created art assets and decorated parts of the game. No advanced kismet/matinee stuff though.
- Environment Art intern @ W! Games ( http://www.wgames.biz/ )

No modding experience. I'm very curious about the proces of creating a mod and how they handle timedifferences and communication, no better experience than to actually join a modteam right? ;)

Software:
-3D max
-Photoshop
-Mudbox
-UE3

A link to previously made work / portfolio / demo reel
http://www.stevo-folio.nl/

(Yes, I'm not that great with HTML :P)

My Reasons:
I have to be fair and say that I'm not too familiar with the SC games, I only played the first one. But I really want to be a part of this project because of the great quality I've seen so far. I have the feeling I can contribute great stuff to your project plus it keeps me motivated to constantly create new stuff and keep my folio updated. Additionally I would like to learn more advanced stuff with the UE3 editor like more advanced materials, kismet and matinee.

I also might understand some problems with my application regarding availability. No need to worry, I spend a lot of my free time doing 3D and I'm willing to invest in this project.

ps:
I'm dutch, forgive me my english  ;)

LennardF1989

Nederland, w00t w00t!

Thank you for your application.

You sound like the perfect candidate to me as your portfolio has the right feeling to it and according to your application you have the right skills as well.

I do wonder, would you have enough time for PS? Think roughly 1-2 hours a week at the very least?

Thanks again

Lennard

PS. What school are you attended to currently in the Netherlands? And there is nothing wrong with your English ;)

kn0r

Hey there,

I can easily meet those 1-2 hours a week :)

And I'm attending the "Hogeschool van de Kunsten Utrecht" though my faculty is located in Hilversum.

frvge

I love your chapel and the stairs. I think you have around the same experience as our current Lead Modeler so that's nice.

I'll start the internal voting process. You can expect an answer within 3 days.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

LennardF1989

Alright, I'll start the Internal Vote. Might take a day or three, after that I'll get back to you.

In case some of the teammembers aren't convinced you might be given a trial, but we'll let you know if that's the case (I highly doubt it, so don't worry).

Lennard

EDIT:
Damn you frvge ;D

kn0r

Allright cheers  :)

And that trial, that'll be something like a art test?

LennardF1989

Quote from: kn0r on May 06, 2009, 11:19:28 AM
Allright cheers  :)

And that trial, that'll be something like a art test?
If we trial you at all, it will most likely be to test your mapping skills.

An example would be: Make a simple 2 room map, using a couple of (custom) props and a couple of self-made textures.

But I highly doubt we'll let you do one.

Gui Brazil

I really like your work, very impressive!

iamtravis316

yes i really like your stuff to.  I really like the dutch building and chapel building
oi oi oi

kn0r

Cheers guys. And thanks for having me :).

Loads of information for me to digest now :P