Yee-Haaaw... Band-Wagon for PS is going to be HUUUGE (Plays Western Banjo)...

Started by nubishdubishbone, August 23, 2013, 04:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nubishdubishbone

So, guys, it's DimzFromKron, Ray Mysertio, Dimmy, whatever you want to call me...

OMFG there is a huge blow-back in response to Ubi's new SvM, Blacklist and Classic Modes are both disasters as far as any Veteran from PT/CT is concerned...

Project Stealth is very much anticipated but the fact remains you are not a Fully-Dedicated, Game Production Studio, and I'm just nudging you guys to tear this one out and rake in the fans...
Intel i5 3.2Ghz - EVGA Z77 FTW - EVGA GTX 480 - 4GB DDR3 1066MHz - Rosewill Blackhawk SuperTower Case - Antec True Power Quattro 1200W PSU - WD Caviar Black 1TB - Creative Recon3D Fatal1ty PCIe -Logitech Z508 5.1 Surround with "Dialog Plus"

frvge

I started investing way more the past few months. I hope we'll be able to show the results from that within 2-3 weeks. It should please the hardcore fans :)
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

darcwolf

I look forward to it, since blacklist spies vs mercs is a HUGE letdown.

NeoSuperior

Now I feel relieved...

Yesterday I read this:

Quote from: red_scope_security on August 22, 2013, 01:25:34 AM
Now that I have about 8 hours of Blacklist's multiplayer under my belt... I'm checking in here for a final time. After over 7 years, I think it's finally time to move on. Blacklist doesn't hit all the high notes, but it comes close enough for me and my friends.

I hope one day I get proven wrong, and I'll end up eating my words when this gets released on Steam and gets thousands of players. But for now, 7 years of waiting has proven too long. Especially considering Blacklist gets it 80% right, and is available to play right this moment... I guess the times have changed. I'm really starting to wonder if the remaining 20% is just nostalgia.

All the best. And make the best damn game you can.

I started to worry if people may ignore PS now even when it is released, however now I see that that is not the case!
Actually the opposite seems to have happened! All those who thought that Blacklist versus is too action oriented for a "stealth game", came back here to Project Stealth!

This is THE chance we all have waited for, frvge! Use this momentum to your advantage to make PS as popular as possible. I know this sounds like it was in my self-interest to say that, but to maintain that momentum we need more footage as soon as possible! GOGOGO!

Of course things like the facebook contest are a very effective way to do that. So I guess I didn't need to say all of that.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

nubishdubishbone

Quote from: Meister_Neo on August 23, 2013, 09:35:42 PM
Now I feel relieved...

Yesterday I read this:

Quote from: red_scope_security on August 22, 2013, 01:25:34 AM
Now that I have about 8 hours of Blacklist's multiplayer under my belt... I'm checking in here for a final time. After over 7 years, I think it's finally time to move on. Blacklist doesn't hit all the high notes, but it comes close enough for me and my friends.

I hope one day I get proven wrong, and I'll end up eating my words when this gets released on Steam and gets thousands of players. But for now, 7 years of waiting has proven too long. Especially considering Blacklist gets it 80% right, and is available to play right this moment... I guess the times have changed. I'm really starting to wonder if the remaining 20% is just nostalgia.

All the best. And make the best damn game you can.

I started to worry if people may ignore PS now even when it is released, however now I see that that is not the case!
Actually the opposite seems to have happened! All those who thought that Blacklist versus is too action oriented for a "stealth game", came back here to Project Stealth!

This is THE chance we all have waited for, frvge! Use this momentum to your advantage to make PS as popular as possible. I know this sounds like it was in my self-interest to say that, but to maintain that momentum we need more footage as soon as possible! GOGOGO!

Of course things like the facebook contest are a very effective way to do that. So I guess I didn't need to say all of that.

That guy can Tolerate Blacklist SvM, they absolutely didn't get 80% of Classic right, they got ~80% of the fans pissed off... Not to mention DirectX11 crashes forcing DX9 only, SLI and Cross-Fire crashes, V-Sync Default ON @ 30FPS so most noobs that don't know this can't even play the game properly, Gimmicky PC port QA that mashes multiple functions that are most-of-the-time game-breaking together so that when you are trying to seek cover you accidentally jump over whatever cover you were trying to behind, and enough halts and crashes in game launching due to poor execution of DRM and multiple platforms that the forums was literally pouring with "I crash at the start" threads.

Quote from: frvge on August 23, 2013, 10:32:58 PM
We're building some critical mass in reach.

Absolutely... This IS YOUR CHANCE... SvM Blacklist and Classic Modes have way too narrow FOV for mercs which is making people nauseous, gimmicky gadgets that break tradition, Spies can attack from any angle, usually an Aggro Spy will find a simple yet nifty way to circumvent any counter to the Karambit Throat-Slash from the front or side, bat-crazy Extended Death From Above distances causing mass frustration... Classic mode has almost no customization, if any at all, with gadgets being squashed into odd configurations so much so that anyone not new to the SvM game is totally irritated, no scroll wheel movement or gadget selection, and the Merc has the Torch on whenever not running(unless it's the opposite), in any event, it's bogus...

Blacklist Mode is super-bright and the maps are half-decent (reminds me of better executed DA MP Maps), but the messed up way you hack (and there is only hacking, no mixed obj), the spy just needs to interact with the computer for about 5 seconds then gets to either hide really well behind teammates who can rambo or just take the risk and rambo himself,... Killed the entire Merc Team? Well, Infinite Lives would be OK except for the crazy Respawn times, which is both accepted and a reward for the lack of stealth... I've played enough PT/CT and Blacklist SvM and read all the problems with Blacklist SvM in the forums, along with the key bindings for blacklist, people can't even get the controls working for solo, let alone the oddities of bindings for SvM, i got the rhythm in solo/coop and totally enjoy the solo/coop, but SvM is messed up in blacklist.

I gotta say, i pre-ordered with skepticism about it being a real Splinter Cell as far as Solo/CoOp goes, and then followed Ubi's Gamplay Videos and information just enough to get a taste of what it will amount to, i was tuned into the possibility it might be a BF3/ MoH wanna-be, , but eventually got sucked in by Nostalgia even after Conviction to cancel the Standard Pre-Order and get the Deluxe Edition with Gold Goggles, a CoOp(Dead Coast) map i would've had to pay a bunch for, and the Upper Echelon Suit that is actually really rocking... Don't get me wrong, i don't hate either side, but Splinter Cell Blacklist Solo/CoOp is much better than i ever expected and feels like a True Splinter Cell, once you get used to the fidgity controls, but SvM is pretty much a weird twist on CoD, especially because of the Karambit Knifing and in Blacklist Mode> Primary Weapons that are so under-powered it's just easier to haul-ass all the way across the map to Throat-Slash, just for the sakes of raking in those coveted trolls...

After getting used to the Uber-1337 controls i have: http://imageshack.us/a/img703/1631/hnp5.png, not even remotely experiencing the terrible problems faced by WASD players like switching lights on when they tried to melee (have to aim at function and press "Action/Melee" key to choose which) and leaping over cover objects when seeking cover resulting in getting blown away ( pressing "Forward"+"Cover'= Traverse Object), Solo/CoOp blew me away and is definitely THE BIGGEST SPLINTER CELL EVAR!!
Intel i5 3.2Ghz - EVGA Z77 FTW - EVGA GTX 480 - 4GB DDR3 1066MHz - Rosewill Blackhawk SuperTower Case - Antec True Power Quattro 1200W PSU - WD Caviar Black 1TB - Creative Recon3D Fatal1ty PCIe -Logitech Z508 5.1 Surround with "Dialog Plus"

DRSLlives

Quotepeople can't even get the controls working for solo

Oh my god! I know right? When I was playing solo the controls were god awful! It took me almost a while to get used to it, and to add insult to this injury you can't even remap the controls to your comfort. So by this point the controller for this game is literally broken. Anyway the SVM mode SUCKS! They didn't even meet the originality. They just went a head and decided to do their own thing.(Which will hurt the fan base that it grew) Hahaha, and guess what? Splinter Cell fans (Including some veterans) actually bought into this. All what Ubisoft had to do was to re-advertise the product, market the product to make it look and sound like it's a stealth game, and try their very best to convince people that it is a stealth game with very stupid YouTube videos. But in reality it's an action game in disguise and a lot of Splinter Cell fans were blind to see that after they re-advertised the product. But the worst part about it is that there's actually people defending BlackList. Oh come, just because you saw a couple gameplay videos before release, doesn't mean the game is going to meet your expectations fully. Seriously barley any Splinter Cell fan that I know of was skeptical or even suspicious about that. And that's the reason why the game was sold on shelves like the way it is right now because too many loyal fans thought they were going to get something they wanted. But they ended up being almost ripped off by some company that used to make good games in the past. But now they're just a bunch of money grubbing monsters. Back then they actually tried and took their time on classic titles. But now all they have to do is make a game the cheapest way possible, then they'll slap Assassins Creed, Splinter Cell, and Watchdogs on the cover, and their games will literally sell like hot cakes. It's that easy for them.

Thankfully we found you guys. You guys are preserving the originality that SVM once was. I sure hope that Project Stealth will succeed and burry BlackList in the dust where it belongs in. This also includes Double Agent, and Conviction.  Excluding the original trilogy.

nubishdubishbone

DRSLives... that is Exactly what Ubisoft did, misrepresenting the game's SvM Multiplayer in interviews stating over and over it will be true to legacy... they lied, and it will be the end of Legacy SvM for Ubi and the beginning of CoD with Ninja's...

... In walks Project Stealth ;)

But i see Splinter Cell surviving, more than that, Solo is a mixed bag for a reason, you can "HoneyBadger" your way through the missions, cuz "HoneyBadgers just don't care"... or you can basically Ghost through most of it. I don't have proof but for me there is about as much killing in SC1 (SAR) as there is forced on you in Blacklist.

DRSLlives

QuoteCoD with Ninja's...

Hmm... Actually you know what? That actually fits in with that joke you call "Splinter Cell". I like it!!  :D

nubishdubishbone

Quote from: DRSLlives on August 24, 2013, 08:42:19 AM
QuoteCoD with Ninja's...

Hmm... Actually you know what? That actually fits in with that joke you call "Splinter Cell". I like it!!  :D

Ha!... didn't expect to see anyone active in here this late...

Blacklist is freakin' awesome, but i didn't get it for SvM.

DRSLlives

QuoteHa!... didn't expect to see anyone active in here this late...

Lol, you kidding?... I'm always a night owl.  ;)
But overall yes you're right Blacklist isn't that bad. Though they're still some flaws tied to it that need fixing.  :P

nubishdubishbone

Quote from: DRSLlives on August 24, 2013, 08:56:56 AM
QuoteHa!... didn't expect to see anyone active in here this late...

Lol, you kidding?... I'm always a night owl.  ;)
But overall yes you're right Blacklist isn't that bad. Though they're still some flaws tied to it that need fixing.  :P

Because of the 3 playstyles in Blacklist Solo/CoOp... Flaws is a subjective opinion in this case... As i stated previously, the random climbing over objects and accidental action/melee mix-up has never happened to me, and i completed more than half the game with mostly Panther playstles, Non-Lethal, but not Ghost.

There are a crap-ton of missions and i fully am prepared to start in-order (i wouldn't start a new game for fear the savegames tied to Pre-Order Bonuses will be deleted), i will be moving progressivley from Normal to Perfectionist, and Moving as quickly as possible to full-stealth run-throughs.

The forced action was always there since SC1, and the Stealth score i get in CT is atrocious, i just cannot connect to the charcter with the "binary" way Sam moves in games like CT/DA... i failed Displace so many times trying to move through the laser you need to OCP simply because i nudged the move key a little too much, that i pretty much only play it with a downloaded savegame and only the missions i am interested in due to looks/ atmosphere/ challenge and complexity. Penthouse is a great example, and Seoul is another.

SC1 has CIA HQ which is blown away by **SPOLIER** **HIGHLIGHT TO VIEW** Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and Site F, in Denver... those missions are crazy Legacy-esque and the movement scheme, though modified from Conviction, are great for getting your ass to another spot instead of the gradient, free-roaming movement in Legacy.

I do NOT like Mark& Execute, but then again i don't have to use it, it's both a wall-hack and an aimbot... Sure i get pissed when i miss a headshot in SAR, but i can only get pissed at myself, because the mechanic was to wait and stalk, not just bust in and start poppin' dudes.

RaDRoacH

Blacklist is a good game. I'm playing on Perfectionist difficulty with the ghost playstyle (avoid/sometimes when forced KO's) and is pretty much hard, some times it took me to reload the checkpoint 2/3 times because I want to do everything perfectly. I did not played Co-op yet but I will.... and SvM... this SvM version is a total mess. I'm getting bored of it very fast because these new mechanics won't never work with a gamemode like this. The classic mode is awful, there's nothing classic in it and it's impossible to customize the equipment (which in PT/CT version was possible) and if you get tazed (as merc) you can't even shot your rifle for defend yourself... you are just fucked. The wi-fi hacking is also ugly especially if the maps are very small... Blacklist mode is better but it's the same thing.

I hope you guys will release PS this year.

I would like to say more about SCB but i'm busy.
Sorry if my english is not perfect.

SheikTheGeek

I actually enjoyed the multiplayer in Double Agent and Blacklist.  Why are you looking at me like that?

VaNilla

Blacklist's single player is AWESOME. Seriously, it's even better than Chaos Theory, from the perspective of a "true" ghost. Unlike Chaos Theory, it's actually challenging to pass each section, making the overall experience far more engaging. The single player is definitely my favourite Splinter Cell campaign so far, it blows the old games out the water. The 4th Echelon missions are great, but Chaos Theory's co-op is better. In Chaos Theory, co-op was actually necessary, so the dynamic was really interesting. In Blacklist, co-op is just a "more fun" way to play the game.

SvM is great, but it's not as good as Chaos Theory. I'm surprising myself by saying this, but "blacklist mode" is the only mode in this game that I actually love :P. Having so many people in one map and frantically trying to keep the hack open is an awesome experience. Classic mode is a HUGE disappointment, I'd explain but I've already posted huge feedback on Ubisoft's forums. The other modes didn't really hold my attention at all. Extraction mode would be good, but the mercs move far too slowly when picking up the objective, it totally ruins the pacing of the mode. Team deathmatch was surprisingly fun, allowing you to mix teams and so on. I think "blacklist mode" is absolutely great, and I'll keep playing that for a long time. It's not as challenging as Chaos Theory, but it's very fun and very tactical; it would be a shame to see it go away. But they need to integrate a true "story mode" like CT had, with new purpose built maps. Although frontal stabbing and shock/stab makes sense in "blacklist mode", it would be bad if they kept that feature in any potential story modes.

Quote from: Ubi ForumsHaving finally put Blacklist's SvM through long hours of play, I feel like I can say what I think about it. I love the pacing of Blacklist mode, it's really fun and the energy of keeping up a hack is intense. I really like the lighting in classic mode, but what's shocking to me is that it's nowhere near as good as Blacklist mode. When you sprint, the flashlight turns off. That is VERY unbalanced, which also brings me to the movement. Slower movement is understandable, but the movement in Classic is WAY too slow for the size of the maps, keeping up with spies who can easily run away and effortlessly hack the objective is tiresome. The amount of time you're given to sprint before running out of breath is also way too short. Additionally, what's the point of proxy mines in Classic mode when all you have to do to disable them is throw an EMP as soon as you get close to the objective?

Team deathmatch is surprisingly fun. Extraction mode is cool in theory, but the mercs move far too slowly while carrying the objective. It's just a chore to take the objective, it's not fun at all. Set the objective limit higher, give the mercs normal movement speeds, and then you'll have a good game mode on your hands. Uplink control lost me very quickly, there's not a lot of depth to it. Also in Classic mode, shock and stab is TOTALLY unbalanced. It feels right in Blacklist mode when you have a full team to back you up, because making the shot isn't always easy, but in Classic mode it feels totally unfair.

All in all, I absolutely love Blacklist mode. But classic mode feels like a shell of a game, being totally unbalanced towards the mercenaries. The main thing I've lost is the feeling that you "need" stealth in this game. I remember sneaking past mercenaries towards objectives in Chaos Theory, using tracking devices, there was just so much more depth to it. And it was so much more intense. Blacklist mode is an AWESOME mode on its own, and it should stay for good, but we really need new maps designed for classic story mode gameplay. And in the new mode, you shouldn't be able to stab from the front, and you shouldn't be able to shock and stab. That's my take on SvM right now, Blacklist mode is the only one which really holds my attention.