Tick Tock (Chaffed, Smoked, Flashed)

Started by frvge, June 22, 2009, 12:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennardF1989

Quote from: Rambo on June 26, 2009, 01:08:21 AM
i also doubt that the devs are gonna remove the working-through-walls ability in the first build,
What makes you think we implement it like CT in the first place? It should do that to begin with, else it'll only double the work (implementing and then fixing).

Westfall

Quote from: Spekkio on June 26, 2009, 01:10:36 AM
@Westfall: stfu. kkthxbai.

NOOO......WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :'(

I said it was nice...geez....u r stfu....

still think its weak  ;)

ray mysertio

not impessive... no predjudices were present in rating this vclip.
Tell ppl to fuck off over the net, just expect them to want to fight you until they can.

frvge

Quote from: ray mysertio on June 26, 2009, 09:01:34 AM
Not impressive... no prejudices were present in rating your social skills and personality.

This footage was taken in September 2008, so player models etc have been fixed in the meantime, but the effects are still the same.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

neth

Quote from: frvge on June 26, 2009, 11:00:19 AM
Quote from: ray mysertio on June 26, 2009, 09:01:34 AM
Not impressive... no prejudices were present in rating your social skills and personality.

PPPPPPWNAGE

frvge

Tick...Tock...
Tick...Tock...

Resuming previous thread... OK
Opening socket...OK
Securing socket... OK
Synching with data server... OK
Fetching comments... OK

Displaying comments: "Old footage: early Merc and Spy, but the effect is still like that"

Transmitting data:

Sending data chunk #2:
Smoked Effect (5MB)

Mirrors:
ModDB

Closing socket... OK
Hibernating

Tick...Tock...
Tick...Tock...

ETA: T minus 72 hours.

Tick...Tock...
Tick...Tock...
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

OFFICER

nice one,good work  ;)
Has come,Has seen,Has won

Spekkio

So is chaff going to prevent a merc from coming OUT of snipe like in PT again?

frvge

That sounds like a bug to me. Which means it'll be fixed. Going into snipe is probably not possible.

Spekkio

Ok, a lot of people are throwing around the word "bug" too much; if it ALWAYS works that way, it's not a bug.

Having said that, I'd actually like to have that aspect of it back.

LoChang

Love the MulleDK13 cameo.

Looks great guys! 

...stay on top of them MulleDK13!

VaNilla

Doesn't it sound at all stupid to you that you can't use the scope because magical fairy dust has been dropped in your vicinity? The smoke effect is nice though nice work man :P.

Westfall

nice smoke effect.

Spekkio

Quote from: STON3COLDKILLA on June 27, 2009, 02:48:25 PM
Doesn't it sound at all stupid to you that you can't use the scope because magical fairy dust has been dropped in your vicinity? The smoke effect is nice though nice work man :P.
Well, the same goes for not being able to reload. Realistic or not, if one effect is chaff that it disables the merc's abilities, I'm okay with it.

Gawain

not getting out of sniper mode is just GAY.
i'm also not so sure if prohibiting reloading is a good idea in the first place. i'd rather see some effect on the flashlight like flickering and disabling the spotting laser target identification.