Tick Tock (Chaffed, Smoked, Flashed)

Started by frvge, June 22, 2009, 12:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neth

Quote from: Rambo on June 27, 2009, 10:49:02 PM
not getting out of sniper mode is just GAY.

OH COMZ ON, IF ITZ IN TEH GAME, IT CANT BE BUG OR SMTHN, JUST LRN 2 HAS FUN, KK ?

Spekkio

Snapping necks is a bug because clearly Ubi intended the balance to be different.

VaNilla

I would say not being able to reload because of a chaff is a bit stupid too, why should something that is essentially an EMP grenade stop you from replacing ammo in your gun?

LennardF1989

Quote from: STON3COLDKILLA on June 28, 2009, 03:01:13 PM
I would say not being able to reload because of a chaff is a bit stupid too, why should something that is essentially an EMP grenade stop you from replacing ammo in your gun?
Unless the mercenary is actually a robot and totally freaks out when chaffed. Reloading isn't something which requires "electricity", so chaff shouldn't affect it.

MR.Mic

Quote from: LennardF1989 on June 28, 2009, 04:07:21 PM
Unless the mercenary is actually a robot and totally freaks out when chaffed. Reloading isn't something which requires "electricity", so chaff shouldn't affect it.

Chaff affecting reloading was a pretty big part of balance. Especially in Factory main balcony, when one spy had to hold off one or more mercs in order to shave off valuable seconds.

I've won/lost several games due to this feature of chaff, and I think it's very important to the game.
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

Gawain

mic, i'm not talking about taking away the anti-snipe ability, but taking away the anti-reload and anti-going-out-of-snipe abilities which are plain stupid. don't tell me those are important when good players are firing single shots or small bursts only.

Gui Brazil

If they're not important then it's not a problem if they are or aren't there. What's the problem again?

Side Note: I have only read the post above mine.

AgentX_003

Quote from: MR.Mic on June 28, 2009, 04:14:50 PM
Quote from: LennardF1989 on June 28, 2009, 04:07:21 PM

Chaff affecting reloading was a pretty big part of balance. Especially in Factory main balcony, when one spy had to hold off one or more mercs in order to shave off valuable seconds.

I've won/lost several games due to this feature of chaff, and I think it's very important to the game.

amen.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Roberto1223

mercs are robots, ARGUS is the name of the factory were they make the RoboMercs

The version of RoboMerc used in SCCT was RoboMerc 3000 V1.3

the good news is that in Project Stealth, ARGUS has upgraded the RoboMerc tecnology. The RoboMerc used in PS is RoboMerc 4000

this new robo merc has new features. some of them are the following:

*no more freaking out when chaffed (they can reload now when chaffed)
*they can now shoot frags when using the gas mask
*they can now break spy animations with melee attacks.

so all those lil baby girls crying for balance issues, go suck some LARGE ERECT [roosters].

Westfall

Is robocop going to enter the picture?

Spekkio

The ultimate kool-aid drinking Reagan era drug war cop:

Westfall

frvge

Could you use the OT-forum for OT-ness? Thanks.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

VaNilla

Quote from: Rambo on June 28, 2009, 05:25:27 PM
good players are firing single shots or small bursts only.

As far as I know there is barely any spray in Chaos Theory, if you've played Counter Strike THAT'S a game that needs gun control, in CT spray and pray is the way to go. You could also snipe too :P.

Westfall

Quote from: frvge on June 29, 2009, 01:55:07 PM
Could you use the OT-forum for OT-ness? Thanks.

I hope you were talking to Roberto.