Tick Tock (Chaffed, Smoked, Flashed)

Started by frvge, June 22, 2009, 12:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

It was to all on the robocop-train.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Farley4Fan

Another tick tock?!

What could it be?  There was a chaff effect, a smoke effect, WHAT OTHER NADE EFFEX ARE THER!?  I'm stumped on what could be unveiled!

(oh, and cool smoke effect)

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Flash. That has to be flash.

Gui Brazil

We present you the fart effect.

Spekkio

Quote from: frvge on June 29, 2009, 05:00:36 PM
It was to all on the robocop-train.
Robocop ran a train on you?

Farley4Fan

I know, inferno. >_<

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Quote from: Papa Skull on June 29, 2009, 11:00:05 PM
I know, inferno. >_<
We haven't seen the cam-smoke effect yet, and what about the effects on the spy side?
When you're getting up after a charge there is something iirc.

Farley4Fan

I guess that's true.

And I've been meaning to ask someone.  What does IIRC stand for?

frvge

Tick...Tock...
Tick...Tock...

Resuming previous thread... OK
Opening socket...OK
Securing socket... OK
Synching with data server... OK
Fetching comments... OK

Displaying comments: "Old footage: early Merc and Spy, but the effect is still like that. We'll have the after-vision image change accordingly too."

Transmitting data:

Sending data chunk #3:
Flashed Effect (7MB)

Mirrors:
ModDB

Closing socket... OK
Shutting down... OK
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

LennardF1989

Quote from: Papa Skull on June 29, 2009, 11:53:19 PM
I guess that's true.

And I've been meaning to ask someone.  What does IIRC stand for?
If I remember correctly

neth

well, one could expect stronger flash effect. It won't give much advantage if it works like this.

LennardF1989

Quote from: neth on June 30, 2009, 01:45:45 AM
well, one could expect stronger flash effect. It won't give much advantage if it works like this.
A timer was quickly fading from 100% visible to 0%.

The actual implementation takes way longer.

Farley4Fan

Thanks lennard. 

And I take it this effect isn't completely finished yet?  It only flashed the original flash image with 3 spies, even when they weren't in view. But I see that this is explained by the "updated real-time after-image not yet included". 

When can we expect to see the "real-time after-image" implemented into the flash effect?  That would be cool.

frvge

Few weeks. We're currently starting to implement the animations now.

Onlinedoucher

I would like to scoot back to the argument about chaff once more... victors in clubhouse were often decided by the simple fact that chaff also impairs mercs' ability to push elevator buttons, so I'd say chaff stays pretty much exactly the way it was.

And on a side note, I remember that there was some indecisiveness on whether or not chaff should work its magic through walls, I'd say it should because that also was an important capability of the chaff grenade which could determine the result of the game.