Scrap Yard Map!

Started by tournesal85, March 16, 2008, 06:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tournesal85

Hi guys, i saw this project and liked what you are doing so I thought i woukd sign up and maybe throw in some good ideas ino your creation process.

I've had this idea for quite a while but have never been able you offer it to anyone. The title explains it really. It's a scrap yard which, i dont know, could hold something that someone needs to find and someone needs to protect. If you dont like it then it doesn't bother me but here it goes:

a few features it could inlude:

• a plane wing with a zip line attached
  • stacks of cars
  • piles of scrap metal and coragated(spelling?) iron
  • an office
  • cranes(operatablemaybe?)and car crushers, car crusher could be a trap that can be activated
  • metal storage crates
  • train carrages
  • maybe a boat mast with a net and some ladders and wires and stuff ???

If you use this you can but if you dont im not bothered :)

OK criticism, doesn't have to be constructive

-tournesal ;D

TOURNESAL85 (cool text thing :P)

frvge

Not bad. Currently we have plenty of map ideas, so chances for this one to be in the first version are small.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

tournesal85

I understand that perfectly. I hope this project comes along well :).

Theodore W

Thanks,

The idea sounds good, hope it will get built if the modellers have time in the future.

If it happens it would be a lot of fun to score.

Havent visited a scrap yard for a while!

Farley4Fan

Woah, my post got deleted for some reason.  :-\

Was bone yard from GRAW in mind when you thought of this map tournesal?  A lot of the things you mentioned really reminded me of it.  Good concept, don't know how the layout would work though.

tournesal85

Actually, no.

I just had this idea because it would have alot of possibilities because of the things you could add into it. Because ,pretty much, anything can go in a scrap yard.

Farley4Fan

Oh, well it sounds a lot like the map I mentioned before.  Sounds like a good concept imo.  I think what would be REALLY cool to have is a terminal inside the cabin section of a plane, but have the cockpit ripped off and separated.  Then there would be a hole above the terminal that you could hop out of when a merc comes so you aren't totally cornered.  Also, hiding inside overturned dumpsters and stuff would be awesome.

tournesal85

I made a simple layout but its not too good.

The coach (or bus) should be entered from the top, the hole from the luggage compartment below or the door (with lasers and stuff in the way).

The plane should be on a slant with the enterances at the bottom, the top (hatch) and underneath.

The pylon can be climbed and the zip lines take it to various areas but posing a danger for anyone to go on them by putting them in plain sight of any mercs watching. The middle zip line should not be dismounted above the scrap metal because you will die.

The merc spawn point is under a canopy set up in the middle. It houses a med kit and ammo (the same as the spys armoured van spawn point).

There should be a fence around the edge with lights attached and cameras in random places.

Oh fiddlesticks! I missed out the car compactor thing. That can be put anywhere really.

Theres a beam going over the scrap metal. Other things can be added by anyone if they want (within reason :P).

If the crane could be made controlable that would be ace.

Cameras, sensors etc. should be added aswell to make it challenging.

tournesal85

Well thanks for the interest  ::)  :P

But im going to work on some music im going to submit as an example for the game.

BYE

frvge

We already got a composer, so music won't be needed.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.