Junior Level Design

Started by LoRDdeHitMan, June 21, 2011, 05:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoRDdeHitMan

LoRD de HitMan
Studying
Junior Level Design

Experiences:

Unreal Editor 4 (Gears of War, Mirror's Edge & UDK)
               Sandbox 2 & 3(Crysis 1 & 2)
               CODRadiant (CoD4)
               TES Construction Set (TES 4: Oblivion)
               G.E.C.K. (Fallout 3 & New Vegas)
               SAGE(C&C 3, 4 & RA3)
               Essence Engine(Company of Heroes & Dawn of War II)
               DUNE Engine(Far Cry 2)
               and a few more.. can't remember all of them;)

I can screen share most of my work through skype, but I have also published some of it on Youtube and DeviantArt:

http://lordhitman.deviantart.com/gallery/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZY73tntN5w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59TbsGb2qbw

I also know how to use Photoshop CS5, Premier Pro CS5, Sony Vegas Pro 9, Dreamweaver CS5 and a little bit of HTML coding..

Example in Premier Pro(I was making it for one Russian console site, but they didn't like blur in the corner..)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PpN73FOops

frvge

Hi, thanks for applying. I like the movies you've posted. I'll have a short discussion with some level designers later. I'll get back to you within 2 days :)

Can you model? I saw Photoshop, but didn't see Maya or Max. Normal mapping experience with Zbrush or Mudbox is also really handy.

frvge
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

LoRDdeHitMan

Quote from: frvge on June 21, 2011, 09:35:11 AM
Can you model? I saw Photoshop, but didn't see Maya or Max. Normal mapping experience with Zbrush or Mudbox is also really handy.
I have 3ds max, but I don't really know and like to use it... About normal mapping I know as much, as wikipedia)

frvge

Hmz, that complicates things. Our LDs all had at least some small modeling experience. I'll ask around if I can get you a modeler for some props. If I can't find one, you're out of luck.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

LoRDdeHitMan

Quote from: frvge on June 21, 2011, 07:20:13 PM
Hmz, that complicates things. Our LDs all had at least some small modeling experience. I'll ask around if I can get you a modeler for some props. If I can't find one, you're out of luck.
Well, I do know something about modelling, but only basics.. That's because every time, when I'm trying to model something or just load Max, I'm having headache((
And that stupid camera is just killing me..

comicsserg

The camera in max is very handy while using it as combination mouse+keyboard
I think max is the easiest software to model in.

LoRDdeHitMan

Quote from: comicsserg on June 22, 2011, 09:21:05 AM
The camera in max is very handy while using it as combination mouse+keyboard
I think max is the easiest software to model in.
May be, but pressing button to rotate camera every time is too annoying for me..

comicsserg

omg... then you know nothing about modelling
it's the best fastest and efficient way ever to rotate camera and all modelling/animating programs have it and will have because it saves the time drastically.

LoRDdeHitMan

well, yeah, but I still don't like it..

LoRDdeHitMan

(multipost, i know, just wanted somebody to look for new post)
so, can you at least give me something to do? i'm pretty sure what i can be useful and do at least some scetch..

frvge

I haven't seen the person online who I wanted to talk to, but if you contact me via Private Message, maybe we can work something out.