Concept Menus / UI

Started by Daybreak, June 23, 2007, 09:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stealth.Hero

Man this i soooo amazing game!!!!!!!!

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Quote from: Stealth.Hero on June 27, 2007, 02:15:51 AM
Man this i soooo amazing game!!!!!!!!
Dude, write something constructive, please???
And yes, it will be amazing - when THE DEV TEAM finishes it.

LiVe.To.Di3

the IDEAS are amazing lol.. and until i see something i will not say its the best thing in the world when there is not a lot of the best thing

Bionic-Blob

i still prefer this over the other 3..

get to work daybreak! :D

Daybreak

You and me both buddy.
I had a lot of work to do on tuesday, and went to see DieHard right after work yesterday. Which if you haven't, is a must. Brings back all the good things about DieHard, not 2 or vengence just good ol' diehard.
Anyway, I"m workin on a new version that mixes both the style of Tigaer's and crispness of seefoos.
Sadly, I just don't have as much time in the next little bit to pump it out. It's a busy weekend with friends and partying. And it's Canada Day, so i'm gonna be drunk the entire weekend. Only to sober up in time for Transformers.

Daybreak

Rather than make a new Thread, I'm posting here.

Here's all three UIs mashed to gether with no sort of care. I have to leave for hockey and am late as it is but wanted to get this across. Each one keeps adding great new things, we just had to put them together.
There's some background work needed, and well it's all gotta be centered and perfect but I think this is the best one so far. Simply because it's got everything.
Maybe I did it too fast... but the effect is still there.

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/808/combinationdc4.jpg

HeroFromHyrule

Very nice Daybreak, I like the compilation a lot.  I've got a few suggestions though:

1) I feel like that gray part in the top right corner should have something in it, but I can't think of anything that isn't already displayed on the screen.
2) I really like the design of the Change Team buttons, but I still like the idea of having one button better.  Yea, the ability to rapidly change teams is pretty useless, but having a button for each team just seems extraneous IMO.
3) The text fade should be more subtle.  The line at the top of the box is completely unreadable, whereas the line just below it is hardly faded.
4) In the player listing windows there seems to be something faded in the background, like a watermark.  I can't quite make out what it is though, but it seems it is the same object in each window.  Perhaps something Spy-specific should be watermarked in the back of the Spy player list, with something Merc-specific watermarked into the background of the Merc player list?
5) Yea, there is some background work needed.  I can definitely see a little background "video" working really well with this layout.

Daybreak

This combination picture, I literally just copy pasted from the different versions. So ofcourse so effects look weird. Like the fades and things because they are part of other pictures.

Ya something needs to go up there and eventually when I or someone else thinks of it... it will be.
The colours look good and maybe only one change button is needed but the idea of all of ours, I think is successfully illustrated in this collage.

Tidenburg

Urgh, that spy picture looks awful, upclose with little shading or blending makes the model seem really low quality  :-\

Daybreak

UPdate!!!

So again, me trying to merge everyone's ideas into one.
There should be a folder type picture where the briefing box is.
Nothing at the top right of this screen simply because there's no need, just as someone mentioned. You don't need to see all the things from the in game. From the servers lobby, there will be the profile and friends list just as it is in my original layout.

Maybe a standard background image that stays the same throughout the entire UI like in CT would be better. I just like my 'fake screen pop up' better because then we could have multiple photos with out it getting too complicated.

The chat box is off because I just scaled it and such. Hit Say, and it turns into team say just like in CT. Forgot to add send button.

HOST IS READY TO LAUNCH should appear in the chat box that way, whoever's gone or what not can know when they get back. Small issue would be flodding the screen with the message, then again, why would you do that you jerk.

Yes, equipment things on both sides, easier and looks pretty with seefoo's drop box. OOOoooo.
Invites and the friends list would work a similar way.

Briefing and Settings would be new screens due to their complexity.

I still prefer having the character models show up detailed on the profile screens and not in lobby. Though as I said, a standard picture in the back might work. There may be too much going on with the pics.

HeroFromHyrule

Much improved Daybreak.  In a way, it almost works perfectly with just the black background.  I like the popup menu for changing equipment, looks like it could work well.  And I like that you've cut it down to only one button for switching teams.

Lol, my eyes finally put together what was in the background of the player listings, a profile of the spies.  If this layout were the final UI, would those spies be animated?  If they were animated (obviously only within the player listing boxes) it doesn't seem necessary to have anything going on in the background behind everything.

Tidenburg

I'm assuming that when you click the gun the equip menu appears?
Anywho...
I really like this one, The V seems really out of place, I think its because its got a texture whereas everything is all very iconic. Experiment with the logo a little.

Daybreak

You assume correct Tiden. After looking at the layout with one main equip button, this worked best as the menus could be connected to it all. Thus it'd flow that little bit more.

V is out of place, and probably the wrong colour. I liked the yellow. Anyway, it comes down to what we are gonna name the thing anyway. I just figured I'd use it to show that's where the name/logo would go.

When I have time, i'm gonna make a the server lobby using the same boxes and such. Then we'll definitely start seeing some great flow.

Gui Brazil

Simply awesome. It has the best out of all the UI's together. As Tidenburg said, the only thing that doesn't seem right is the V. What if you try it yellow with a different blending mode?

By the way, what's that send friend's request on the pop up menu?

Daybreak

Ya, i'll be playing with The V for sure.

As for that "friend request" i think, it's exactly what you it says. You click on it and then he gets a message saying add to friends. Kinda like, xfire and what not I guess. I'm not exactly sure but that's how i see it. That way, not just anyone can add you as a friend. Several times i'm like who's this guy, and i think it's a smurf then it turns out to be some other guy I'm not particularly fond of. I added the blacklist cause you don't need permision. Just black list that mother $%!#!.