Main Menu

Visual Effects

Started by frvge, May 02, 2011, 06:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Hi all,

In this thread we'll try to keep a short schedule of 1 effect video per 1 or 2 weeks, for Smoke, Frag, Chaff, Flash, Mines, Camgas, Laser and Flashlight. Of course other videos could take their place, but we'll see about that then.

Today we're releasing a short video of the Smoke Grenade effect. Please note that it's still work in progress.

----------------
9th of May:
Chaff Grenade effect.

Comments about the visual effects are appreciated. Please leave out stuff about sounds or the bouncing or the shooting.

--------
17th of May:
Hi all,

Frag Grenade effect.

---------
24th of May:
Lasers effect.
Mind the loud noise! :P

Enjoy!

Enjoy!

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

zglina

Smoke  is little to small for me.

frvge

Yes, we will adjust size based on actual testing. :)
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

VaNilla

Three things I took away from this apart from bugs:

1. Too small
2. Too easy to see through, doesn't feel as dense as it should
3. The gun viewpoint looks a little weird, you see a lot of space between the arm and the gun, and it feels like you should see less of player whilst you're shooting.
4. The player feels too centered in the image, perhaps if you raise the camera a little like in PT/CT it could look beter.

Apart from that though, it does look pretty good :D

DreadStunLock

Quote from: STON3COLDKILLA on May 02, 2011, 07:37:48 PM
Three things I took away from this apart from bugs:

1. Too small
2. Too easy to see through, doesn't feel as dense as it should
3. The gun viewpoint looks a little weird, you see a lot of space between the arm and the gun, and it feels like you should see less of player whilst you're shooting.
4. The player feels too centered in the image, perhaps if you raise the camera a little like in PT/CT it could look beter.

Apart from that though, it does look pretty good :D

Yes, because this is the final render and it's how it's going to be once they start patching it -.- INSERT THE BRAIN HERE

I just want to say, FUCKING WOW! On the sound when the grenade bounces off, seriously how amazing that is to compare it with the ones in versus, and the grenade itself I really had my doubts but B1nary nicely created it to be like a bullet, at least as far as I remember it was B1nary right?

The grenade can actually be seen green, and I hope the blue grenade which is flash will be visible to mercenaries as well right?

Will you guys allow flash grenade to be countered by moving away? You can still have the disorient and the noise, but there shouldn't really be any flash graphics if you turn away?

So hopefully it's going to be like that.

Good job to Mr.Mic.

Frvge, you sound hilarious, and even more so when you get hiccups in the explanation. Write what you going to say on a paper, it's going to come out a lot better, of course unless you are trying to show more of a casual non-strict attitude which can also be good, but just a suggestion.

VaNilla

You're actually clueless man, wow. I'm just giving my suggestions as to how it can improve, he said he's going to improve it, so I'm mentioning what's on my mind in case anything I might have to add hasn't been thought of before.

DreadStunLock

Yeah, he said before we will adjust the size based on actual testing, also in one of the running videos people say that the running animation is a bit off, they also tell you that they will fix it in the end before the release and you can use common sense to see that in the gun hold animation.

frvge

This video is ONLY meant to show the effect. Gun aiming involves some math that we haven't really put much time in yet, so yeah, don't really comment on that :-P.

Thickness of the smoke is not enough? I think it'll be ok when it's bigger.

@dread: Yes, I know. But I can't read notes and play a game at the same time. So I prefer casual talk.

comicsserg

I find this a very cool effect it looks very real to me :) Great job Mr.Mic Lennard and Morten ;D

CurdyMilk

1. The grenade seems to come out too fast
2. The physics toward the end of the bouncing is weird
3. The sound before it explodes is annoying

zglina

Quote from: frvge on May 02, 2011, 06:14:08 PM
Hi all,

In this thread we'll try to keep a short schedule of 1 effect video per 1 or 2 weeks, for Smoke, Frag, Chaff, Flash, Mines, Camgas, Laser and Flashlight. Of course other videos could take their place, but we'll see about that then.

Today we're releasing a short video of the Smoke Grenade effect. Please note that it's still work in progress.

Comments are appreciated.

Question: Will u show coop moves? not so quickly but after 1-2 months?

comicsserg

i was thinking that frvge wanted to show it after a couple weeks (maybe even next week but I'm not sure)

zglina

Quote from: comicsserg on May 02, 2011, 09:02:34 PM
i was thinking that frvge wanted to show it after a couple weeks (maybe even next week but I'm not sure)

good to know xD Now im waiting for coop moves and taz effect and other effects presentations too xd

frvge

Quote from: CurdyMilk on May 02, 2011, 08:08:22 PM
Let me answer that by quoting myself:
1: This video is ONLY meant to show the effect.
2: This video is ONLY meant to show the effect.
3: This video is ONLY meant to show the effect.

Geez, people can't read these days. VISUAL EFFECT topic. Not gun shooting or sound topic. Try better next time.

CurdyMilk

Quote from: frvge on May 02, 2011, 09:21:43 PM
Quote from: CurdyMilk on May 02, 2011, 08:08:22 PM
Let me answer that by quoting myself:
1: This video is ONLY meant to show the effect.
2: This video is ONLY meant to show the effect.
3: This video is ONLY meant to show the effect.

Geez, people can't read these days. VISUAL EFFECT topic. Not gun shooting or sound topic. Try better next time.
Ahh sorry.  Ok- then it looks good!

EDIT:  Maybe make the smoke darker in color?