Main Menu

Webpage?

Started by Daybreak, March 25, 2008, 12:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Can't work with Flash. Mic might have a go at it later.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Farley4Fan

The portal is sexy, nice work.  Just a heads up, whenever I type in www.projectstealth.org into the address bar the site doesn't show up but I still hear the music.  (which is a good style music I love it)  I had to look up the site on google then click on one of the results to get the portal to ACTUALLY SHOW UP.  Odd.  Looks great, again.  Any chance we'll see the forum in those colors/themes in the future?  A portal theme needs to match the forum theme imho, but it's not up to me.  Just a suggestion.  ;D

LennardF1989

Tidenburg owns that .org domain and I guess he has to rework his stealth forwarding a bit (to bypass the portal page and such).

Tidenburg

I removed the masking. Its just a redirect now so it should effect anything anymore.

Gawain

the problem with that portal is that it tells a newcomer absolutely nothing about ps, not even that it's an upcoming mod. so if people don't come from moddb, they are kinda confused. i tried it with some friends of mine that knew nothing or only little about ps and they all were confused like hell...

Farley4Fan

That's true.  Maybe a bit of info.  Like a simple sentence: The upcoming stealth action SvM mod.

Daybreak

So it's been a while since I've posted and visited. First thing first, that portal page... wow. Nice.
Second, regarding my page. It's just a template of what I envision. Now then is it professional not all. Am I offended about that. Nope, i know my work isn't going to come close to what most of you guys do. My efforts are those of an amature, at best. But I appreciate the restraint you all show from not calling it complete trash!
I just like getting ideas in, as I have had a couple of good ones and some bad ones. Then I leave it to most of you professionals who know what they are doing. GOOD WORK!

Now then, I agree with Rambo and Papa, there should be some indication whether it's a logo, text or whatever that this is a mod for Unreal. People should know you want this game, you need Unreal 3.

Second, I also believe that the site should have a coming soon notice and only a link to the forums. Nothing, to me, is more aggrevating than going to a website and seeing only half has been made. I don't go into a store and see "men's ware" or "toys" comming soon on opening day. It's all open or all closed. So my two cents, don't launch the website until it's all done. Don't do it in parts.
This might already be the plan, in which case, that's good.
If not, That's bad.
And if it launches even sooner than I thought, that's good.
But if there's under construction links, that's bad.
FYI if you don't know that was a throw back to an old simpson's episode...that's bad.

I <3 U

Quote from: Sunshine on June 15, 2008, 12:01:16 AM
Quote from: FR33M4N on June 12, 2008, 10:57:15 PM
Quote from: Sunshine on June 12, 2008, 12:27:42 AM
not bad, but I think it somehows look to unprofessional.

If you're gonna say things like that you could atleast give him some constructive criticism. It really bugs me when people post like you just did.

I don't know why it looks unprofessional, guess it looks cheap somehow? Too bad you get annoyed cause of something I even can't respond on.

There's a reason behind everything. The reason you think it looks to unprofessional is probably because its very plain. Even if you'd have just said a reason why you MIGHT think it looks unprofessional is still better than nothing at all.  Come on constructive critisicm. (I've spelt that wrong)

Gawain

Quote from: Daybreak on June 18, 2008, 06:10:53 AM
Now then, I agree with Rambo and Papa, there should be some indication whether it's a logo, text or whatever that this is a mod for Unreal. People should know you want this game, you need Unreal 3.

Second, I also believe that the site should have a coming soon notice and only a link to the forums. Nothing, to me, is more aggrevating than going to a website and seeing only half has been made.
qfe
unless you guys have a trailer for the beta, this is the way to go. i'd put "upcoming spies vs mercenaries mod", a link to this forum, an ut3 logo and a link to moddb there and nothing more.

Zedblade

These are all good ideas.

The first version of anything is never perfect, so just give us some time.

AgentX_003

Quote from: Zedblade on June 18, 2008, 09:22:44 PM
These are all good ideas.

The first version of anything is never perfect, so just give us some time.

exactly why i told Tidenburg to have patience.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

T2C LeBron

it looks nice, K.I.S.S.

just needs some tweaks(nothing is perfect the first try) but otherwise looks great!

Westfall

Ditto

@TC: Yea Radiohead

Farley4Fan

QuoteNothing is percect first try

NOES!  Don't say that!  That means Project stealth 1 wont be perfekt!!

Sunshine

I need to buy Unreal Tournament 3 to play PS? why so?