'Visit the Location' Mode.

Started by VaNilla, April 04, 2008, 02:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VaNilla

I had a brilliant idea just spark in my head, 'Visit the Location' Mode.

This would essentially be the Film Makers Paridise. 'Visit the Location' would allow a complete freeroam of maps, and much more. Give the Film Makers many options, freecam, no HUD, weather adjustment, ability to place props, record 'demos' of their action so they can come back to the scenes they have created and edit them later using many different camera angles that would be acheivable through this method, and things like that. You would spawn like normal, 2 spies and 2 mercanaries (possibly 3 depending on the choice PS team makes) and each player would be able to use these tools at their own discretion.

Let me give you a scenario, we are playing Vertigo Plaza on this mode, one of the mercanaries decides to pop into freecam mode and the 2 spy players and 1 mercanary meet up and discuss their film idea and then they organise how everything is going to happen. Then the freecam mercanary gets in position, ready to record the action. He decides to turn the HUD off and change the weather to a night time scene, allowing for a darker feel to his movie. Reason he wants the darker feel is the storyline is one of the spies is a Double Agent, working for the mercanaries, giving the mercanaries details of the spys details, and eventually the Double Agent will be foiled in his plot by the legitamate spy.

You see you would be able to record ideas like this and have so many possibilties in this mode :D. Maybe you could have a feature where the freecam guy presses a button, this would make a countdown like '3, 2, 1, ACTION!' so he can syncronize the scene correctly. Maybe beforehand, you could set paramaters so if a spy steps over a boundary you have placed, your angle switches to a angle you have predetermined earlier and saved, which would be triggered by passing these certain points. But you wouldn't be able to see these when recording, only your actors would be able to see the paramaters you have placed, this is so they can have a better idea of what exactly they have to do, yet the cameraman can record without having to see these making the scene look fucked up. I think this would fucking own, don't you? :D.

Another thing about 'demos' is, we should really be able to record 'demos' of normal matches too, it would make stealth movies of matches etc. SO much more interesting, I'd love to see a feature like this.

Cyntrox

It would be awesome, sure, but require a lot of work. And PS is primarily a game, not a film studio.

VaNilla

That is true, but it would just be fucking fantastic and attract more people to play the modification too. It would be fun, attract a higher user base, and basically just allow people to create something fucking awesome.

Im not saying this has to replace any main game mode and those, certainly have a much higher priority to be created first than this, but this would just be bloody brilliant and I think myself and thousands of other people in the world would love to use a tool like this. Project Stealth is already an original idea itself, the more originality the more people playing this mod, the more people having fun with this mod and making the work the PS team are putting in worthwile, :D.

frvge

It's nice, but I think it takes too much time to add it.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

LennardF1989

It's called the editor :P But it sure is possible with some limitations ofcourse.

VaNilla

That's possible, but I'm not a developer so I don't know these things. But in comparison with game modes and key factors of a game, I'm not sure how long this would really take, but thanks for input. Although, if this would delay release, which I certainly wouldn't allow, why not develop it after the game is released as a mode for a later release candidate?

Gawain

it would be a nice feature, but i don't think it would be worth the effort. people love finding out stuff like tactics on their own (which also increases variety in tactics), so a tutorial explaing every game mechanic is sufficient (it would be fucking long anyways).

LennardF1989

It would make this mod a bit like GMod though :/

Perhaps something after PS?

MR.MIC presents
MR.MIC's Project Stealth, the GMod version!

Haha, just joking on an old joke of Mic ;)

BTw. Rambo, your sig is scary as hell.

Cyntrox

Quote from: LennardF1989 on April 04, 2008, 02:26:34 PM
MR.MIC presents
MR.MIC's Project Stealth, the GMod version!
I'd veto that :P

VaNilla

I think it would be best released after the main parts of PS, but if it were kept to the simple things like I written in my post, it wouldn't be too much like GMod really :D. As for it not being worth the effort, how many people make movies using the demo system and stuff in Counter Strike? A fuck load do, and the amount of accliam they receive is incredible. Plus it's not really for practice purposes, this is for the people like myself who fucking love making movies :P. Although that is one way in which the mode can/could be used.

Many, many people want to make movies and can't because they see it all as too difficult, this would be their easy solution and I think it would be embraced.

Check this - www.youtube.com/justanotheraccount
I make these movies in GTA with just the simple incredibly shite pan and crop replay tool they have, and those get brilliant ratings, imagine what it would be like having something were all this is incredibly easy to do, and have ALOT more things available to you! I would love it :D.

Tidenburg

I think the freecam and toggle-hud would be nice but the rest are not worth the effort.

VaNilla

Only adding those 2 things wouldn't be worth the effort, if your gonna add tools like that in the first place you might aswell support them and make some motivation in there to actually make movies with the game.