Main Menu

freeze it, baby

Started by Gawain, April 23, 2008, 10:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyntrox

Quote from: FR33M4N on April 24, 2008, 05:13:30 PM
it'd be annoying. Some smartarse host  would just keep pressing the freeze button, so all other players get spammed with freeze polls, just for the lulz.
Well, either give the polls a timer or just don't play on games with douches as hosts.

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Rambo on April 24, 2008, 11:33:21 AM
with one merc being afk it's usually game over. i can't see any of the problems you see because it works with a poll, so if you don't feel like waiting and prefer to have this round fucked up, press "no" and that's it.

Yeah, that's why this would be annoying as shit.  It would be annoying if you really did have to go take a piss as well.  You bring up the poll for a pause in the game and everyone rejects it.  No one will accept it.  If you are dumb enough to ready up with a full bladder or with a call waiting, then you and your teammate gets to suffer.  Big deal.

ONLY will this work if there is 1 timeout per team and they are each 20-30 seconds long and they are initiated with a majority vote.  Might give some time for the other team to talk about their strategy while that guy goes and answers the phone.  If it's done any other way it would be annoying.

Gawain

it'd be annoying. Some smartarse host  would just keep pressing the freeze button, so all other players get spammed with freeze polls, just for the lulz.
just don't allow spamming it, it's not that hard to add a delay.
i won't respond to papa's bs, because he obviously doesn't understand what a poll does.

Kurbutti

Quote from: Papa Skull on April 24, 2008, 05:59:23 PM
ONLY will this work if there is 1 timeout per team and they are each 20-30 seconds long and they are initiated with a majority vote.  Might give some time for the other team to talk about their strategy while that guy goes and answers the phone.  If it's done any other way it would be annoying.

You'd never be able to do a pause. And sometimes people really have a good reason to go AFK. Things happen, and I'm always willing to wait as long as the pauser provides me with a reason.

One timeout per team really is enough, and there shouldn't be time limits to make sure you waste 30 seconds of everyone's lives and ruin the game even after that.

Gawain

Quote from: Kurbutti on April 24, 2008, 07:09:51 PM
One timeout per team really is enough, and there shouldn't be time limits to make sure you waste 30 seconds of everyone's lives and ruin the game even after that.
qfe

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Rambo on April 24, 2008, 06:50:57 PM
just don't allow spamming it, it's not that hard to add a delay.
i won't respond to papa's bs, because he obviously doesn't understand what a poll does.

My BS?!  You'd let someone take an unlimited time limit pause in the middle of a SvM game!  That's bs, ridiculous, and I don't care wtf you say.

Xris

What about AoE or WC3 style, everyone gets x amount of pauses (1 maybe 2 per for our case?) per game.  The one thing they did wrong however, is letting anyone un-pause it.  The person who paused the game should be the person to un-pause it.

Gawain

Quote from: Papa Skull on April 24, 2008, 07:19:18 PM
My BS?!  You'd let someone take an unlimited time limit pause in the middle of a SvM game!  That's bs, ridiculous, and I don't care wtf you say.
you shouldn't do this with strangers, but with players you know and trust. if they don't return after some minutes, just leave if you don't want to wait. it's not that any1 forces you to vote "yes" or to stay...

LennardF1989

To sort this out, I think some kind of feature like that could be useful in some cases.

I'd say: a callvote function, but will only get through if all other players vote yes (which should happen when it's a very good battle). If someone votes no, you just have to live with it and hide somewhere in your spawn.

Would be a piece of cake since we are probably going to put in a callvote system anyway (to kick, mute, ban, restart level, whatever).

EDIT: Ofcourse, only host will have kicking/banning power, it's just an example.

Xris

Even with a call vote to kick, will a host still be able to kick? Also, I just though of this, would it be possible to add an option for an extra slot or too for referees?  If yes, they should be able to have the camera follow players or free look.

I <3 U

Quote from: Xris on April 24, 2008, 07:52:33 PM
Even with a call vote to kick, will a host still be able to kick? Also, I just though of this, would it be possible to add an option for an extra slot or too for referees?  If yes, they should be able to have the camera follow players or free look.

Spectator slots ftw! HOWEVER people could have arguments like little kiddies saying "I DONT WANNA SPECTATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTE".

Xris

Thats why I said an option for it. Can be turned on/off by host.

Westfall

I really don't want some shit popping up in the middle of my game asking me to pause. Imagine how many people are going to spam this feature. Some of you aren't thinking logically at all.

Cyntrox

Quote from: Westfall-US on April 24, 2008, 09:18:07 PM
I really don't want some shit popping up in the middle of my game asking me to pause. Imagine how many people are going to spam this feature. Some of you aren't thinking logically at all.
That has been countered already... Besides, you don't have to have a huge pop-up in the middle of the screen saying "OMG LYK TTLY CAN I HAS PAUSE?!?!?111 lolololol"

I <3 U

Quote from: Westfall-US on April 24, 2008, 09:18:07 PM

*FR33M4N backs westfall.

Besides, even if there is a delay, it will & can still get spammed. Its think its a crap idea. People should sort thier shit out before they play. If the phone rings, fuck it someone else can answer it. If you need to piss, finish the game smelling strongly of urine. (or just go to the toilet in lobby).