Enviromental Concept Artist Application

Started by SpinBolt, November 28, 2006, 02:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpinBolt

Hello i would like to apply to be a concept artist, ive drawn little concepts for games my entire life, and after finishing college for art i plan on being a concept artist when i graduate.

I can work with the mappers and modellers to understand and make multiple and creative concepts for maps. I can offer specific mapping so the mappers can do their job while at the same time creating the ambieance required for each map. While i dont use any programs after scanning my work ( i use iphoto to boost color and make minor sharpening adjustments )

Some of you may have known my from the sc forums, i was wowmark32. I havent posted too much there. but i was on about every day since scpt (yea i was like some of u guys waiting every day in agony until versus).

I will eventually post some of my work on the site once i get it all scanned, im going to post some of my concepts for the new map that a guy named chris (iservealot) is working on. I also concepted the "cafe" section of his map, because i had met him late in the design proccess

MacBryce

Alright. Iservealot's around here somewhere too. Let's see those concepts you've made for him then.

SpinBolt

Alrighty, well here are the main things i did for him, i also sketched some specific textures but that seems irrelevant for the position. I wouldnt fully judge me based on my work, this was when i was only sketch and scan. since then im scanning and modify on my computer, im also digitally coloring my concepts now, im making concepts for iservealots new map, he wants some kind of asian city theme, i dont know for sure whether ill do that, ive proposed an archive offices map too, and i began to sketch some, more to come...

http://web.mac.com/fishanddrey/

iservealot

I am still here, though the server still doesn't work on Comcast connections.

SpinBolt

it exists, but my .mac account is out, i gotta host my pics sumwhere else. sry bout that

goodkebab

use www.imageshack.org for now

And do you know, that if you want an environmental concept artist position....that we will need full blown color sketches to show lighting and texture.