PS Website: What should be in it?

Started by frvge, October 25, 2008, 12:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChickenSkin

Quote from: Rambo on October 30, 2008, 04:27:48 PM
yeah, no need for geek shirts.
i can\'t see a problem with paying for a dedicated server, afterall you pay for the server and not for the mod oO

From my understanding a dedicated server would be listed as one of the mods services, which means we arent allowed to pay for it, only donate.

frvge

So points:

Yea, migrate lennards blog across.
On the main page have a brief summary followed by an automated recent updates in the blog section.
Have a section for the blog.
Have a gallery section which has all the images and videos from the tick tock threads.
A section about the game in detail with links to pages about gadgets, gameplay and visions.
A section for the team members bios (active ones of course)
A link to the forum.

-replay section (also with tutorials, tactics, tournament replays, ...)
-a counter of how many people are logged in at the ps server
-tournament section
-faq (game/mod description, technical stuff, common problems/misunderstandings, history of the project, ...)
-download area (latest version, patches, custom maps, custom skins, fan art, ...)

> PS account should be linked with your website account, so users can check win:loss ratio or whatever.
> Friend list should also be linked, and users can send messages to people in game via the website.
> Match, Clan, and Clan recruitment schedular should be placed on the website.
> People can make clan pages, via the website, similar to xfires clan page thing, but better.
> Users can upload gameplay videos and have the vidoes linked to their profile or clan.
> Forum, Similar to this.
> You can join games directly from the website.
> Each player should have a profile page, which can be fully customizable (ie font, background, info, all that crap)
> A who is online notification somewhere, so you know who is playing (like the thing PS has on the homepage).
> It should have some more advanced tutorials on it so if players so desire they can do them (unfortunately we have to consider the mid skill level....)
> Maybe some sort of rating system, to rate if people are friendly or flame or whatever, idk.

maybe a merchandise section , like  Have Project Stealth based T-shirts

little paragraph or two on each of the devs would be nice.
Maybe when you have a beta, a little story (in want for a better word) of how the mod started, how long it took, when it started, any difficulties you ran into, internal troubles (dev team, technical difficulties), external troubles (like Ubi threats, community etc), highlights of the project.

Weekly/Monthly (Depending on activity of the mod) 'Best kill' 'Best Teamwork' videos
'Teams Section' for the Teams and Clans who seem to be the most committed to Project Stealth
Organised Tournaments.

Anyone wants to add, especially TEXT-BASED INFORMATIONAL, pages?
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Daybreak

What about editing Spekkio's noob guide for PS. That would be a great thing to have for all the newbies! That's a lot of text.

a counter for how many people have visited. -That's ultra cool.

Ion.67

The counter could evolve into an e-penis that grows with every visitor!

frvge

So ion loves e-penises? Ok..., sure, if that makes you feel better.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Ion.67

The pubes should also grow at a realistic rate. I guarantee it will bring more of cockfans friends in.

End of that discussion...

DualX

I'll write down all of the text-based information that I would like to see.

-All of the abilites/moves that the user will be able to perform for both teams. That would also include moves that have (or possibly will be) improved on that have already been in the previous games, and a side table showing all of the new ones.
-Same thing above, but for equipment/visions/and anything that I'm probably forgetting at the moment.
-Map descriptions. Game Mode descriptions. Nuff said.
-Any extra interesting features that will be placed in the game. For example: Chaos Theory had a tutorial mode.
-And last but not least, what we have to do in order to join the beta.

frvge

DualX

Pictures next to each item would also be awesome, but not really needed.