No spy versus merc in Splinter Cell Conviction?

Started by AgentX_003, December 19, 2009, 02:10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VaNilla

Quote from: Roberto1223 on December 20, 2009, 11:45:50 PM
Multiplayer mode and its from 1 to 2 players... so um if its 1 then its not much of a mp mode is it..

Multiplayer is shorthand for multiple players, 2 players comes under that.

Savior20061

Quote from: Zedblade on December 19, 2009, 04:58:20 AM
Doesn't seem like it, they have announced a Spy vs. Spy mode (one on one) where there are AI enemies that attack both players.
Are you fucking joking? 1 vs. 1 Versus on anything but a fighting game sounds like garbage. Maybe that's it. It's a fighting game. With blocks, different stances, and super combo moves.
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7339/savsig2cp5.jpg[/img]
An upcoming novel by me.
Melonie from SC forums made this sig =D

AgentX_003

Quote from: Savior20061 on December 21, 2009, 10:51:41 PM
Doesn't seem like it, they have announced a Spy vs. Spy mode (one on one) where there are AI enemies that attack both players.
Are you fucking joking? 1 vs. 1 Versus on anything but a fighting game sounds like garbage. Maybe that's it. It's a fighting game. With blocks, different stances, and super combo moves.

No joke sir as a letter and stickied on ubis website forum O_O

Official ââ,¬â€œ No SvM Mode

I just wanted to clarify this for everyone: there is no Spies versus Mercenaries mode in Splinter Cell Conviction. Why? The reasons were touched on by Alex, but some more details are below:

From the beginning we decided to make the best co-op experience possible for SCC. The gameplay developed in single-player supports co-op very well because it lets TWO players work together to dominate the enemy and reinforce that feeling of being predatory. If Sam is the panther, Archer and Kestrel are like two wolves in a pack, working together to take down their prey. SvM doesnââ,¬â,,¢t fit this new approach to gameplay.

We also wanted to be consistent across the whole game with our narrative ambition, and Co-Op is really the best approach to support a strong story.

However, there is one adversarial mode: the face-off, consisting of spy versus spy, with hostile AI thrown into the mix.

Again, just to make sure weââ,¬â,,¢re all clear here, there is no SvM mode in SCC and there are no plans to have it come in the future as DLC.

-QuidProKuo
Community Developer

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Ex0o

O.o at least project stealth will be there

Roberto1223

Quote from: STON3COLDKILLA on December 21, 2009, 05:18:31 PM
Multiplayer mode and its from 1 to 2 players... so um if its 1 then its not much of a mp mode is it..

yeah, but in the article it said "from 1 to 2 players"  it should have just said  "2 players" because 1 does not fall under the category MULTIPLAYER. GET IT?

MR.Mic

Quote from: Savior20061 on December 21, 2009, 10:51:41 PM
Are you fucking joking? 1 vs. 1 Versus on anything but a fighting game sounds like garbage.
Or quake, where 1v1 is the only proper way to play.
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Quote from: MR.Mic on December 23, 2009, 03:09:21 PM
Or quake, where 1v1 is the most proper way to play.
Fixed.
Don't tell me CTF isn't fun.

MR.Mic

Quote from: Random Person on December 23, 2009, 04:50:39 PM
Quote from: MR.Mic on December 23, 2009, 03:09:21 PM
Or quake, where 1v1 is the most proper way to play.
Fixed.
Don't tell me CTF isn't fun.
Sure, as long as you don't have an incompetent team.
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

VenomousNinja

Quote from: Roberto1223 on December 23, 2009, 12:27:45 PM

yeah, but in the article it said "from 1 to 2 players"  it should have just said  "2 players" because 1 does not fall under the category MULTIPLAYER. GET IT?
Your logic is bad.

Anyway, guess that means that I probably won't be buying Convictions, although the co-op does look pretty damn fun...
Maybe I'll just rent it instead.

Well guys, I guess we're counting on PS to fuel our SvM needs. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you guys out.

frvge

We're looking for a new webdesigner, a first-person animator for the Mercs and maybe an extra programmer. Extra (experienced!) mappers are also welcome. So ask around your friends who have such qualities, if any :). Else just spread the word.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

VenomousNinja

Well I have experience in web designing and programming(C++), but I have never done anything professional and am now just starting to experiment with getting windows to show up on the screen for my programs.

I would love to design maps for you, but I fear I am not experienced enough, for I have no experience.

I'll ask around in my group of friends though, just to make sure.

VaNilla

Quote from: Roberto1223 on December 23, 2009, 12:27:45 PM

No, because the context of Multiplayer in this situation is that we have the ability to play with 2 players, not that it's a necessity.