My Sketchbook

Started by tigaer, April 23, 2010, 04:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MulleDK19

Quote from: Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet on May 28, 2010, 08:52:52 AM
So, pretty neat. Thanks to tigaer i pulled out my tablet, but since I'm on linux and the Gimp sucks, i fooled around with myPaint. It's pretty awesome. It's a... 1-1,5 hours job, not finished, and I know it will never be. I expect much constructive criticism. Much. TIA

*IMAGE*
Yes I do realise that about half of the picture is empty, and that the perspective is screwed like a screw. I wish I had more skill and imagination.

Holy shit. A holy rolling pin!

If my heart ever heals, I will make sure it'll never break again.

Farley4Fan

Don't say his rolling pin is shit.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

It could be shit. I don't know, I never went closer to it than now.

Tigaer, could you please upload your perspective grids somewhere?
I've been searching for some for two hours now, with no luck.
TIA

Gawain

adobe illustrator cs5 got some nice new 3d sketching features with a grid like this, maybe it could come in handy...

Thanks alot, tigaer. You're a great man.

tigaer

@Rambo
Yeah man, I gotta check that out. Thanks for the heads up. I just got CS5 a couple days ago.

@Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet
No problem bro, glad I could help.

Anyway, here's a small update on the concept art piece I'm doing. I ended up restarting on it from the old update because I wasn't liking the way it was looking. I also took kebabs advice and am starting from grayscale to get the values correct.

Looks good. Damn I've got to learn so much, and practice even more before I am able to paint sth like this ::)
Anyway, gj.

Farley4Fan

But what about rolling pins?

I can paint rolling pins no problem. Do you want some?

Farley4Fan

goodkebab

special note,   surfaces that are emitting bright light,  will not reflect light at the same time.  Just look at a lightbulb,  you wont see any reflections.

If you want it to have both,  reflective and emission....then the light will need to be extremely weak and as a result will not illuminate the environment.

tigaer

Quote from: goodkebab on May 31, 2010, 10:12:28 AM
special note,   surfaces that are emitting bright light,  will not reflect light at the same time.  Just look at a lightbulb,  you wont see any reflections.

If you want it to have both,  reflective and emission....then the light will need to be extremely weak and as a result will not illuminate the environment.

Well these aren't exactly emitting light. These are tubes of water, and the tubes are being lit from lights that will be on the metal support bars at the top, which are outside of the tubes, so it would in turn be reflective to the lights around it. So the tubes themselves don't emit any actual light.

Also, the glass isn't the only thing reflecting, as the water inside the tubes will be moving thus refracting the light around it.

Damn. That's pretty awesome graphics for a SvM map.