Amount of players?

Started by Vega, November 13, 2006, 08:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vega

I know we're cloning CT but I can't help but feel a lot of the excitement from DA is the 3v3 aspect.  I always liked the idea of 3v3 and welcome it.  I love 2v2 as well.  So, with Project Stealth, is 3v3 going to be included in some maps or not at all?  I know it could be done with certain maps but most likely they will have to be custom made.

Just curious how it's going to work.

goodkebab

It is going to be a test of our programmers as it is.  In fact,  the biggest risk this project has will be the commitment of the programmers.

Vega

Man I wish I could program...

Jordan

I have a compiler and a little C++ knowledge, but none with OpenGL/Direct3D. If you could feed me the things needed (coordinates, etc) I could compile it all.

Edit by MacBryce: I've added that to your resume in the sign up forum.

MacBryce

Feel free to make a new thread if you'd like to talk about programming the game or anything aside from the "amount of players", guys.

Meathead

I like 3v3 but image 4v4 hmm never seen it happen lol wonder what would happen.

MacBryce

You'd have to make a very small map where mercs can quickly assist each others or you'll see 4 spies on 1 merc situations very often.

That's probably why the maps are so poorly constructed in DA. They wanted to avoid the 3 spies on 1 merc situations so they made maps where each merc can easily cover 4 objectives.

Meathead

Ah  I see now what about 4 mecs vs 2 spys :/ wonder how that would turn out.

The-Chicken6

That might be a good idea but u need
to change the game play of scct then. Cause when
u have 4 pc's and 4 mercs the spies wont have
a change :-\.
And if u give them nades and mines
and al the other gadgets, the spies wont have any
change.
So its a nice idea but u need to make some changes then
and that means more work to do.. not only building it but
also chancing the concept

or thats the way i think about it

Vega

I don't think 4v4 will ever be possible and still be called Splinter Cell.  3v3 was pushing it but it seems to work for DA and I generally like the idea of 3v3 (though 2v2 is still amazing).

voldarant

Regarding to DA i don't like 3 vs. 3 that much because for an example in teamspeak it is really annoying if you are playing with 2 guys who are talking in the same time ;D well anyway i liked 2 vs. 2 in scct and i hope it will be like this in PS also ... ?!

Gawain

i think 3vs3 is possible with many changes but i don't think it's as much fun as 2on2 because it's already really hard to have good teamplay with only one teammate.

AgentX_003

Quote from: voldarant on March 21, 2008, 11:28:42 PM
Regarding to DA i don't like 3 vs. 3 that much because for an example in teamspeak it is really annoying if you are playing with 2 guys who are talking in the same time ;D well anyway i liked 2 vs. 2 in scct and i hope it will be like this in PS also ... ?!

Teamspeak, what kind of wacko uses that , when the main design of the game was to USE THE IN GAME CHAT SOO YOU DONT RUIN THE PREMISE OF SPY TRAPS / SPY BULLETS hacking  ones communications

plus  on a further note i know UT3 has highquality voice chat.. you shouldn't have to use third party programs.. its cheating in a way.. im sure West will back me up on this.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Zedblade

Quote from: goodkebab on November 14, 2006, 06:19:43 PM
It is going to be a test of our programmers as it is.  In fact,  the biggest risk this project has will be the commitment of the programmers.

and animators...

Westfall

Quote from: AgentX_003 on March 22, 2008, 04:05:50 AM
Quote from: voldarant on March 21, 2008, 11:28:42 PM

Teamspeak, what kind of wacko uses that , when the main design of the game was to USE THE IN GAME CHAT SOO YOU DONT RUIN THE PREMISE OF SPY TRAPS / SPY BULLETS hacking  ones communications

plus  on a further note i know UT3 has highquality voice chat.. you shouldn't have to use third party programs.. its cheating in a way.. im sure West will back me up on this.

I didn't even read the full post before I clicked quote to begin backing you on this. MANY players don't agree with it but just dismiss it because it shows what YOU need to win. I love how people tell me they turn off the mics because, "it makes the server lag less." So in turn you run a third party voice program that lags the server.....more.....BRILLIANT!!!!