[General] Applauding/Smiting

Started by LennardF1989, June 19, 2011, 02:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CurdyMilk

Quote from: Cronky on June 19, 2011, 07:03:59 PM
Frvge's karma...
Of course he is popular, but something fishy is going on with this karma system!  I think we should introduce a new system.  The whole point is to improve the quality of each post.  In my opinion, we should allow each community member to rate the quality of each post on a scale of 1 to 5.  Then each person is given an average number based upon how people rate their posts.

DreadStunLock

Quote from: CurdyMilk on June 19, 2011, 07:10:25 PM
Frvge's karma...
Of course he is popular, but something fishy is going on with this karma system!  I think we should introduce a new system.  The whole point is to improve the quality of each post.  In my opinion, we should allow each community member to rate the quality of each post on a scale of 1 to 5.  Then each person is given an average number based upon how people rate their posts.

THAT'S WHAT I SAID!! QQ

LennardF1989

Frvge's karma...
I would actually like this better.

NeoSuperior

Is the limit of "Karma" you can give limited by accounts or by IPs?
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

VenomousNinja

Frvge's karma...

There's something like this on another forum I go to. Each posts carries with it a like button, and once you click it, your name is displayed underneath the post as a person who 'liked' it. It seems to encourage high-quality posts.

Also when I said something like this, I meant not like it at all, really.

Farley4Fan

I would lawl if the applaud/smite system was somehow the downfall of Project Stealth in general.

frvge

Frvge's karma...

BTW, I cheated and gave myself OVER 9000 (9001 to be exact) for the fun of it. D'oh. Then again, I worked a couple of hours to remove all the spambots. Got 700 down who had a spammy website. Will run an IP-based check on all members in a couple of days.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

AgentX_003

Quote from: frvge on June 19, 2011, 11:32:39 PM
Frvge's karma...

BTW, I cheated and gave myself OVER 9000 (9001 to be exact) for the fun of it. D'oh. Then again, I worked a couple of hours to remove all the spambots. Got 700 down who had a spammy website. Will run an IP-based check on all members in a couple of days.

it's about time those bots got the iron boot :/

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Tidenburg

Frvge must now ban himself for abusing the karma system ;)

DreadStunLock

Loal, someone's definitely going to get a perma-ban, -33 on me, and +25 for Agent xD Loaaaaal!

Cronky

If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

VenomousNinja

This makes me so happy.

You have no idea.

CurdyMilk

Quote from: Cronky on June 21, 2011, 12:07:07 AM
...WHAT A TWIST!!
I like this new karma better!  Dread is back at 0?  Frvge must be giving him a fair chance since people were unfair to him with the old one.   ;)   

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.