Main Menu

Estimated date?

Started by Jordan, August 16, 2011, 07:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Jordan on August 17, 2011, 06:28:11 AM
The reason I ask is because if you let SC6 beat you to release, and they include a SvM, you may have some serious troubles with your fanbase.

Trust me, I LOVE what I see from PS and am loyal to the cause, but I can't guarantee that many of the fans that have been here for 5 years won't jump ship if (and thats a major IF) they receive a proper SvM from yours truly.

The character models are badass by the way!

No they won't. Ubisoft patching system sucks balls.

Farley4Fan

Jordan

SC6 = New Splinter cell.
5 = Conviction.

If Ubisoft doesn't learn from their mistakes from last installment, Project Stealth is set in gold on a platinum shelf.

DreadStunLock

It was on gold platinum shelf ever since double agent, their patheric games that came after Rayman 3, and the useless most boring installment of AC: Brotherhood. Did they learn anything? <bad word> no

VaNilla

They said they were looking into possibly bringing it back in some way for SC6 in an interview with Mathiue Ferland (or whatever his name is). (no sauce)

frvge

Ferland isn't working on SC6 AFAIK.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

VaNilla

He is, they set up a new Ubisoft studio and he's working on it.

Farley4Fan

His name is Beland.  I know, I've ripped him to shreds on the ubi site about 20 times up to, and after, the release of Conviction.  I'm sure it all fell on deaf ears but I had to vent my nerdrage somewhere over the disembowelment of my favorite franchise.

frvge

Mathieu Ferland made the great games like SCCT (then again, also Double Agent afaik). Beland made the sucky Conviction.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

DreadStunLock

Might be a big joke, but has there been any patches to eliminate the bugs on Double Agent? I wouldn't mind playing it, if it didn't have crap like constant invisibility, environment popping, or other crazy crap.

Cronky

Double Agent's single player wasn't bad. Either of the like 15 different ones depending on which console you bought it on.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

DreadStunLock

No, I didn't buy any of it, I just saw the videos of it on YouTube, and it had so many bugs it's oh my god, and I think Frvge's signature kind of enforces that...

Cronky

Seems like his Sig is talking about Multiplayer, but maybe I'm mistaken.

I own DA though. While I don't give two craps about the SvM portion, I didn't mind playing Single Player. It played like the other games, but with a faction system.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

Farley4Fan

And a traffic light on Sam's back.  That was cool right?

But seriously, it wasn't horrible.  The "next gen" SP wasn't that bad, and the "last gen" SP was actually good.  Multiplayer was where the real dissapointment was found.

NeoSuperior

The most funny bug i experienced in next gen DA (PC version) was one of the JBA HQ missions, where you had to get some blueprint out of Emile's safe. There was a scene, where Jamie Washington entered the room, but was "flying" with half his body INSIDE the ground, similar to SCCT's "swamp bug".

The annoying thing about that was, that i couldn't record Jamies voice... because for some strange reason the conversation he should have with Emile... just didn't happen :o damn i got angry because i had no savegame before that back then :D but at the end i got his voice recorded at a later point somehow.

But LOL... i just fell into the offtopic trap :D
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin