Main Menu

Burst fire...

Started by monterto, August 15, 2007, 01:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monterto

I think this needs to be either removed or given a reason to even be in the game. In CT all it did was nerf your gun making you shoot slower but shouldn't it give you an accuracy bonus or something like that?

same thing with crouching, putting an accuracy bonus on a crouching merc would also give a reason to crouch while ranging a spy. although I can't imagine why i would want to try and kill him crouched instead of chasing him full throttle.
http://sc2sig.com/s/us/329891-1.png[/img][/url]
Click to view my detailed stats![/url]

Gawain

i'm all for a more realistic weapon conversion, it's way too easy to snipe even in close combat or do 2 shots in the head with full automatic fire if there is no lagg. most people don't want to hear it, but lagg is atm doing some balance jobs.

Spekkio

omg read my proposed changelog thread.

Quote from: spekkio-Rifle
  -Up the magazine capacity to 30 rounds/150 max, keep CT rate of fire (would take about 7.5 seconds to empty magazine).
  -Re-enable the ability to use scope + Flashlight at the same time
  -Make the auto-hack always on, rather than giving an obvious indicator that you have moved over a spy.
  -Burst fire increases strength/accuracy of shots (needs in-game testing to get the balance right).
   Increase time between being able to burst fire so that you can't achieve the same ROF with both
   modes like you can now.
  -Remove random sway in sniper scope. If the sway has to stay, make it into a set pattern so a scoped
   merc doesn't end up looking somewhere else entirely after 10 seconds.

InvisibleMan999

Ablout all I found burst good for was conserving ammo when you were low. So I think it probably should get upgraded some.

Farley4Fan

I think it deserves a bit of an accuracy boost atleast.  If more, give it a little more time between bursts and make the bullets a wee bit more effective.

monterto

papa skull can you please do something about your sig? it's WAY too big and its really annoying. good job with the PS work though.
http://sc2sig.com/s/us/329891-1.png[/img][/url]
Click to view my detailed stats![/url]

Farley4Fan

No prob.  Is that small enough for ya?  I was gonna remove that one anyways, what good timing lol  :D