Main Menu

Music

Started by Cyntrox, November 18, 2007, 06:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a3c0i3d

please no ingame music.

Or atleast make the option to put it off.

Westfall

What kind of music do u guys still need. Also, what kind of format would u prefer it (.wmv .wav)?

iservealot

Quote from: Westfall-US on November 26, 2007, 06:16:44 AM
What kind of music do u guys still need. Also, what kind of format would u prefer it (.wmv .wav)?

well in the engine we will use OGG Vorbis for music playback. For the sake of listening to something you make for the forums, i'd say mp3.

Bionic-Blob

SITHDUKE

Just stumbled across this from an old favourite show of mine but I heard it and I think it has a really tense atmosphere to it.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GccknBnFfTk

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Gawain

it's way too repetitive and doesn't even come close to the pt theme/main menu soundtracks.

what about the possibility for everyone to choose the piece of musik running in menu/lobby?

Farley4Fan

Yeah, too repetitive.  I prefer no music, but if there is it should be a little more unpredictable.

SITHDUKE

I didn't say you should make it the theme, I'm just showing it to you. It's at least my opinion of a tense music theme and that repetitive sound is like a heartbeat. Heartbeats tend to be repetitive if you wanna live. :P

Gawain

if you wanna hear something awesome with a heartbeat, check out max pain menu music =)

SITHDUKE

The Max Pain theme has too much piano. Now I know you guys will probably stab me for this but the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire theme is good and the one where they're on some of the final questions is REALLY tense.

Bionic-Blob

god, the max payne theme is so depressing

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Nice button for the votes :D

Gawain

i meant max pain 2 theme: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=N5uC_my4Vy4&feature=related
but it doesn't suit the stealth theme. what i like about it is the drama and the athmosphere of a really wide room.
why don't we try to do something in the style of the pt music? it's the most incredible soundtrack i've ever came across...
and why do we make such a big fuss about it anyways, simply allow everyone to change the menu music to his preferances (i'd probably take the pt tracks)?!