Main Menu

"Mini" games

Started by Spekkio, January 30, 2008, 12:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westfall

Quote from: Papa Skull on January 31, 2008, 03:49:36 PM
Good idea westfall.  Maybe you could give only one gadget to mercs too.  Those gadgets would be frags, gas mask, and maybe mines or tazer.  That way each "role" has its own flavor to it.  Possibly you could give each "role" their own distinct gun.  Maybe like a first come first serve kind of deal in the lobby.  Once one merc has chosen a gun the other mercs can't choose it.  What about buffing the spy for this idea also?  Like giving him 2-3 gadgets while each merc has maybe just 1?

lol...dude, this is my first post on the thread. The credit is due elsewhere.

Mini Games could be better placed together if PS has an alternate system like CT did. The option to turn on/off certain gadgets, visions, lives, functions is what will help make separate little mini games. I do like sme of the different ideas coming up though.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

How about 'pure' svm?
Spies woud get no gadgets and tazer, merc no explosives (you COULD destroy the objectives ::))
Small/ medium (max size about warehouse sect 1 and 2) maps, with lots of routes crossing rach other, so partolling and using traps well would be crucial factors.
Having 3/4 obj is a must, so let spies have to make 1 to win, but the hacking should be broken at least twice per game, so it's not a 1-sided gamemode.
Ah, and about mines, if they are to be allowed, they should not be plantable close to objectives, since you are there to _protect_, not destroy them.

frvge

Quote from: Kok4f4n on January 31, 2008, 10:23:33 PM
Ah, and about mines, if they are to be allowed, they should not be plantable close to objectives, since you are there to _protect_, not destroy them.

Nice idea.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Xris

sounds like a better version of DA l :P

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Yeah, with spies being incapable of defending themselves, and mercs have guns.

Farley4Fan

true spies would have a knife lol your gametype phailz  :D

Actually, that wouldn't be a bad idea.  Unless the maps are like mazes.  Then that would be stupid.

frvge

Quote from: FusionSlayer on January 31, 2008, 10:28:26 PM
Anything is better than DA.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Farley4Fan

Quote from: FusionSlayer on January 31, 2008, 10:28:26 PM

I could pull a better version of DA out of my ass than the one that Ubi spent over a year working on.  ::)

Xris

speaking of crappy SC did anyone notice that they are building the new one on Unreal 2 instead of 3 ....

Farley4Fan

Seriously?  Wow.  More failures.

Westfall

Convictions on Unreal 2.....way to take a step back instead of forward........

Not surprised.

Zedblade

Quote from: FusionSlayer on February 01, 2008, 04:56:39 AM
speaking of crappy SC did anyone notice that they are building the new one on Unreal 2 instead of 3 ....

doesn't really make a difference. They have modified UE2 for so long and so much that is basically their own completely different engine.

Xris

i suppose ... still gonna be crap ... has anyone heard if they made a decision on SvM or not?

Westfall

Quote from: FusionSlayer on February 01, 2008, 08:33:58 PM
i suppose ... still gonna be crap ... has anyone heard if they made a decision on SvM or not?

So far...still a negative.

Xris

haha i knew they would just keep getting worse ....