Main Menu

Ask-the-Devs

Started by frvge, February 21, 2008, 09:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westfall

@ Zedblade: This question is for you........just joking

@ Mic: What do you do for real life and how much has PS affected that?

@ seefoo: What exactly are you dealing with in PS? How much time have you put into PS?

@ Goodkebab: Why are the devs staying mum about things we're discussing when they were already decided? I understand you guys don't tell us everything and this isn't a "democracy", but shouldn't there be some replies from the team if we are being repetative?

@ GUI: Can I have your autograph?

@ frvge: How will the netcode work for PS? Have you been able to make connections thus far?

frvge

Quote@ frvge: How will the netcode work for PS? Have you been able to make connections thus far?
We've got most replication sorted. Normal language: yes, we can be in the same server with multiple persons. There are still some things to work on, but generally it's ok.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Gui Brazil

Vega

Overstatement

Quote from: Westfall-US on February 28, 2008, 12:24:13 AM
@ frvge: How will the netcode work for PS?

You seem to be under the impression that frvge involvement with programming is somewhere above absolute zero.

Westfall

Quote from: Overstatement on February 28, 2008, 10:51:35 AM
@ frvge: How will the netcode work for PS?

You seem to be under the impression that frvge involvement with programming is somewhere above absolute zero.

I was.

frvge

I don't program for PS.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

MR.Mic

I am a full time student at the Savannah College of Art and Design, and it has not affected me in school at all.
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

Westfall

Quote from: frvge on February 28, 2008, 01:11:33 PM
I don't program for PS.

but you know plenty im sure.

Quote from: MR.Mic on February 28, 2008, 01:39:44 PM

I am a full time student at the Savannah College of Art and Design, and it has not affected me in school at all.

I'm sure your teachers might like to see some of the things you're doing for this project. What do you plan to do when you graduate?

I <3 U

Hi, might sound like a retarded question, and im pretty sure i know the answer to it already, but will it have ragdoll?, it was one major thing lacking in CT.

The question is at anyone who knows 8)

frvge

Hi, might sound like a retarded question, and im pretty sure i know the answer to it already, but will it have ragdoll?, it was one major thing lacking in CT.
The ragdoll question depends on how well we can have them for getting KOed and then having a normal animation to get up.
Ragdoll when the characters are really dead are possible, but that depends on the animators/riggers.
It'll need some play-testing too.

seefoo.

@james - i only really did logo and wallpapers (these are more for fun not required by PS) so far.  Basically I am making sure that everything that is 2d is takin care of.  UI is next for me.  if the PS guys let me, I will release it on public forums (once all the screens are done) so you all can see what it will look like before it's animated elements are put in.

the amount of time i have put into PS - not that much really around 20 hours if that (wish had more time but life...).  most of the time was spent doing the stupid UI contest.  lots of time will be put into the final designs for UI though.  actually i really haven't done much lately because my home office was in process of setting up after a new move and new tower -.o.  now its up and running so once i get all my backup files, ect ect on the new hard drives, customize Leopard(woohoo) and catch up on some real work, i will be jamming on PS.

I <3 U

Quote from: frvge on February 28, 2008, 07:36:33 PM
The ragdoll question depends on how well we can have them for getting KOed and then having a normal animation to get up.
Ragdoll when the characters are really dead are possible, but that depends on the animators/riggers.

i just wna be able to headshot them of a zipline and see them fly ;D

Westfall

Quote from: FR33M4N on February 29, 2008, 12:25:39 AM
Quote from: frvge on February 28, 2008, 07:36:33 PM

i just wna be able to headshot them of a zipline and see them fly ;D

LOL @ the dumbasses who took the zipline ;)