Main Menu

Ask-the-Devs

Started by frvge, February 21, 2008, 09:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farley4Fan

I say we do the following for headshots:

- Make them blow up, nuclear size explosion.

- Make them fly back 200 feet, 66 yards, however you want to swing it.  Basically, headshot bullets have a million tons of force.

- Make the spy catch the bullet with their teeth by biting it, but later the spies eventually die of lead poisoning in the game.

- Make the spy go "wtf was that?" and continue to live.

- The spy's head gets pinned to the wall, but the spy can still use his arms/legs/sticky shocker and all other gadgets.

On the serious side, I do really want rag doll, but it may look stupid in some cases.

Overstatement

I hate how ragdoll is the solution for every kind of death.

But, this isn't a ragdoll thread.

MR.Mic

Quote from: Westfall-US on February 28, 2008, 03:11:40 PM
I'm sure your teachers might like to see some of the things you're doing for this project.
I don't know, maybe.

Quote from: Westfall-US on February 28, 2008, 03:11:40 PM
What do you plan to do when you graduate?
Game Development or Architectural Visualization.
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

Cyntrox

Quote from: Papa Skull on February 29, 2008, 12:53:50 AM- The spy's head gets pinned to the wall, but the spy can still use his arms/legs/sticky shocker and all other gadgets.
But your camera gets moved to the point of your head, so it's hard to see anything :P

I <3 U

Quote from: Papa Skull on February 29, 2008, 12:53:50 AM

- Make them fly back 200 feet, 66 yards, however you want to swing it.  Basically, headshot bullets have a million tons of force.

- Make the spy catch the bullet with their teeth by biting it, but later the spies eventually die of lead poisoning in the game.

- The spy's head gets pinned to the wall, but the spy can still use his arms/legs/sticky shocker and all other gadgets.

On the serious side, I do really want rag doll, but it may look stupid in some cases.

lets make it so when the merc hs the spy, the spies camera follows the bullet towards himself, and when this happens you can control how wide his mouth is/ big his teeth are to stop the bullets, but its all in slowmotion ofcourse  ;)

But back on topic, yeh ragdoll would own. is it alot more work to have ragdoll? (sorry it comes across as an assy question but its not)

MulleDK19

It takes some time to make the actual physics assets for the players, but when that's done, it's as easy as pie.

If my heart ever heals, I will make sure it'll never break again.

Xris

Quote from: FR33M4N on February 29, 2008, 01:59:52 PM
Quote from: Papa Skull on February 29, 2008, 12:53:50 AM

lets make it so when the merc hs the spy, the spies camera follows the bullet towards himself, and when this happens you can control how wide his mouth is/ big his teeth are to stop the bullets, but its all in slowmotion ofcourse  ;)

But back on topic, yeh ragdoll would own. is it alot more work to have ragdoll? (sorry it comes across as an assy question but its not)

Actually it would be cool to see how you died, kinda like DA style.

Farley4Fan

No kill cam.  That just led to issues.  And you can usually tell where you died from.  If you couldn't tell where you died from then you don't deserve to see where/who you were killed by.

Xris

OK, well seeing the last bullet goign throught your body would be cool, agreed if u cant tell u were blown up by the proxy mine beside you, you should not be playing....

Tidenburg

Multiple times i've been killed IN kill cam so I say no.

I <3 U

Quote from: Tidenburg on February 29, 2008, 07:44:04 PM
Multiple times i've been killed IN kill cam so I say no.

Heh, But what about a bug free Kill Video (like COD4) then u can see if they really were luckers^^?

I <3 U

Hello Question at anyone who knows:

"Im not sure" if my copy of UT3 is legit, Will PS still work, and will i be able to connect to all servers? ???

frvge

"Im not sure" if my copy of UT3 is legit, Will PS still work, and will i be able to connect to all servers? Huh

Project Stealth is only allowed by the Mod License to run on the full-game. So no demos.
I don't know what implications this has for non-legit copies of UT3. I advice to confirm if its legit and if not, get a legit one.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Westfall

Quote from: FR33M4N on March 01, 2008, 12:15:04 AM
Quote from: frvge on February 29, 2008, 11:58:53 PM
"Im not sure" if my copy of UT3 is legit, Will PS still work, and will i be able to connect to all servers? Huh

Project Stealth is only allowed by the Mod License to run on the full-game. So no demos.
I don't know what implications this has for non-legit copies of UT3. I advice to confirm if its legit and if not, get a legit one.

Oh, its not a demo, its the full game, cept i dont think my key is legit, jus wondering if i could join all servers on PS if its not legit?

This is probably something you would never want to talk about really.

frvge

Correct, if you PM me, I'll remove it.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.