Main Menu

Ask-the-Devs

Started by frvge, February 21, 2008, 09:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farley4Fan

How about this.  You can make it detect whether or not that merc or spy is on a set of stairs, right?  Then if the berserk, elbow, or charge animation hits, the victim will be put into rag doll mode.  Could you guess if this would even be possible?  I think it would be awesome to elbow a merc down a set of stairs, put a bullet in him, and run away.

.leelu12.

Quote from: Rambo on June 29, 2008, 07:24:38 PM
it's a fact that sticky cams (especially quick-cams) and camnet (on most standard maps) can destroy the whole gameplay in the hands of a skilled player.

if u play someone skilled, ur probably going to feely the gameplay is destroyed anyway as you wont be winning?
a lot of these changes sound nice but rnt the 3 big influences: server (polish servers seem really hard to charge), strength of partner (2 x mediums usually beat 1 skilled + 1 below medium. Best player in a server isnt always the one on the winning team.), luck (sometimes everything goes nicely and other times mercs just charge when ur about to cam n stuff)  ???

Sometimes u can play all day and do ok and then at night, some usa players come and destroy you easily!
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk268/anaperkovic/LeeluPinkFLowers.jpg[/img]

Add my xfire (leelu12) to chat sc/ps or organise a game/train me :D
<|TLK|>  {{ (T)eam (L)ion (K)ing - if you think this film is cool, add this below your sig :P }}

Gawain

i'm not saying i can't win against skilled opponents, i'm just saying that most of the "good" players nowadays use cheap tactics that make gameplay boring. i'm not complaining about those players, i just think it's time to fix the balance issues.

.leelu12.

Quote from: Rambo on July 01, 2008, 03:52:10 PM
i'm not saying i can't win against skilled opponents
I know lol! i didnt mean that  :P at all, iv played u and ur far better than i am!
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk268/anaperkovic/LeeluPinkFLowers.jpg[/img]

Add my xfire (leelu12) to chat sc/ps or organise a game/train me :D
<|TLK|>  {{ (T)eam (L)ion (K)ing - if you think this film is cool, add this below your sig :P }}

I <3 U

Quote from: .leelu12. on July 01, 2008, 04:00:26 PM
Quote from: Rambo on July 01, 2008, 03:52:10 PM
i'm not saying i can't win against skilled opponents
I know lol! i didnt mean that  :P at all, iv played u and ur far better than i am!

o0 RAMBO U'VE BEEN PLAYING AND YOU DIDNT TELL ME!!!!! ;D ARHGHRHGHRHGH RICE CRISPIES!!!

Farley4Fan

Haha!  Imagine the rage Agent will feel when I tell him I have been playing.  Oops!  The cat is out of the bag!  :o

I <3 U

HAHA I JUST SAID THAT TO HIM WHILST ON MIC, CLASSIC MOMENT

"I TOLD THAT MOTHERFUCKER TO COME PLAY ME"

*STAMPS KEYBOARD!*

"IM GOING ON CHAOS THEORY TO FIND HIS ASS!"

"WHERE IS THAT MOTHERFUCKER IM LOOKING FOR HIM RIGHT NOW!"

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

...and he actually went through the servers one by one?

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Liqu1D_133 on July 01, 2008, 11:48:16 PM
...and he actually went through the servers one by one?

Lol, if he really went looking that will be the funniest thing I have ever heard.  I actually haven't been playing.  Was just messing with agent.  :D :D :D  I need a better laughing smiley!!  HAHAH OMFG!

VaNilla

Quote from: STON3COLDKILLA on June 30, 2008, 06:06:00 PM
Maybe an idea for cams would be to shoot them and instead of having that delay, were you have to watch the cam while it flies to the wall, place it just like a spy bullet but you need to wait a certain amount of time depending on your distance before you can use them. This would stop people dying because of cam placing delay, but without strengthening cams in any way.

Just to bring that to attention again.

Solar.Disciple

Quote from: Papa Skull on July 01, 2008, 10:47:26 AM
How about this.  You can make it detect whether or not that merc or spy is on a set of stairs, right?  Then if the berserk, elbow, or charge animation hits, the victim will be put into rag doll mode.  Could you guess if this would even be possible?  I think it would be awesome to elbow a merc down a set of stairs, put a bullet in him, and run away.

I like the idea and I believe this implementation is possible. A bit of moderate scripting would do the job. The way I see it, you would place stairs, small ledges, etc., in a certain class of objects. So when certain actions are performed on this class, a player model would be animated as rag-doll as you said. This could lead to some cool shit  :o It would also be cool to be able to push people out windows and the like  ;D

Farley4Fan

Speaking of through window moves, I'd love to be able to pull a merc through a window like on DA.  Does anyone remember pulling nubs out of the window near the red objective on Boss House?  Classic times...  One of the few memorable things from DA.

frvge

removed 4 pages of bitching. The last interesting subject was the ways of placement of cams.

Only questions to the devs from now on, please.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Tidenburg

Question to Kebab, frvge or whoever is running the show now, we've seen alot of the graphical parts of the game now (well at least for the first map). How are things going on the coding front? Probably more aimed a Lennard actually, I take it you got more than a room full of moving players now, or what we saw in MrMics demo.
Which basic things have you added and which do you think will be the most challenging to add later on in development?

frvge

We're still working on getting the animations ingame.
Some other concepts like GE's are being worked on.
I think Lennard can have a Blog update on that stuff fairly soon. Like in 1-2 weeks.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.