Main Menu

Ask-the-Devs

Started by frvge, February 21, 2008, 09:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenday5494

Quote from: Inferno on April 11, 2009, 12:50:17 PM
Quote from: greenday5494 on April 11, 2009, 06:51:17 AM
why isnt Aquarius being remade? it was the best map
Maybe. It was a bit unbalanced though, when mercs just camped tech and the corridor pir-greek.
I'd much rather see Orph or Warehouse ::)
^Yes I know I contradict myself here.

it might have been, maybe, but i liked the dynamic objectives. also, project stealth is it's own entity, they can balance it all they want :)

Farley4Fan

You liked the dynamic objectives?  Simple solution, make dynamic objectives in the new maps.  I'd like even more drastic effects than Aquarius too.  Why?  Just simple priorities for defending/capturing would make for more tactical and intense games.  Not so much so that it makes maps imba. though.

greenday5494

Will you guys keep the merc's perspective TOTALLY in First Person? (except when dead, of course). i always loved that when you're grabbed, over the edge, or anything, you're ALWAYS in first person. most games take the lazy way out (L4D and it's healing animation comes to mind) and just go into 3rd person. Please?

frvge

Yes. I don't see a reason not to have it the same.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Guys... now that Greenday mentioned it:
Dead mercs should only be able to spectate their mate in 1st person.
I mean, when you die you get the dying animation, but right after that you're thrown out to your mates view.

lol
There are moments when I think I'm not thinking properly.

frvge

We can probably do that, yes. We'll have to playtest other options.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

LennardF1989

Quote from: Inferno on April 15, 2009, 07:34:16 PM
I mean, when you die you get the dying animation, but right after that you're thrown out to your mates view.

lol
I'm pretty sure we'll make it in such a way you can't manipulate the view of your teammate (as in, you see what he sees, nothing more).

Quote from: LennardF1989 on April 15, 2009, 08:14:15 PM
Quote from: Inferno on April 15, 2009, 07:34:16 PM

lol
I'm pretty sure we'll make it in such a way you can't manipulate the view of your teammate (as in, you see what he sees, nothing more).
THAT is already in UT3.
Now what I want is that after dying you'd instantly switch to your mates view.
One of the things I hated in CT was that even when you died you had like 10-15 seconds of time to freely write to your mate about what's happening. WTF?

frvge

If you block that, people will just use third-party voice-comms. But we can tweak/change it :)

LennardF1989

Quote from: Inferno on April 15, 2009, 10:04:47 PM
THAT is already in UT3.
Now what I want is that after dying you'd instantly switch to your mates view.
One of the things I hated in CT was that even when you died you had like 10-15 seconds of time to freely write to your mate about what's happening. WTF?
FYI: We use our own code-base. The only thing we use from UT3 is the menu code (even though it's HIGHLY optimized), because they've got a lot of useful native functions.

So don't say things as: "They have it in UT3", again, we have no connections to UT3 code whatsoever, beside the menus (in functionality, not look, UT3's menu sucks balls).

Oh alright.
Quote from: frvge on April 15, 2009, 10:25:05 PM
If you block that, people will just use third-party voice-comms. But we can tweak/change it :)

What I meant was, when you die in CT you can look around your dead body for ~10 seconds.
I'd like this to be gone, so that the mercs can't tell where did the spies run to.
So basically to remove that I suggest that the view is switched to spectating your mate the moment your 'body' touches the ground (after you die).

Sorry if this still isn't clear enough :/

LennardF1989

Quote from: Inferno on April 15, 2009, 11:38:13 PM
Oh alright.
Quote from: frvge on April 15, 2009, 10:25:05 PM

What I meant was, when you die in CT you can look around your dead body for ~10 seconds.
I'd like this to be gone, so that the mercs can't tell where did the spies run to.
So basically to remove that I suggest that the view is switched to spectating your mate the moment your 'body' touches the ground (after you die).

Sorry if this still isn't clear enough :/
I know what you mean, don't worry. I just think the player needs to get a change to see himself die (as much as the spy can). It will just feel weird to suddently pop to your mates view.

Westfall

yea, but body should drop and that's it. No need to keep it the same as CT since it was such a flaw.

MulleDK19

My thoughts on the death of both spies and mercenaries is: As soon as you die: Black screen (You're dead. No vision, no feelings, no hearing. Nothing)

If my heart ever heals, I will make sure it'll never break again.

neth

I think exactly same thing should be with falling asleep, so you can't tell your mate where spy hid or went just after ko-ing you or using the cam.