Opera is going crazy

Started by NeoSuperior, August 27, 2011, 05:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoSuperior

Hi guys, i got a problem. My Opera got paranoid and thinks, that 95% of all i-net sites in the world got invalid certificates.

Well on almost all Sites I get the Pop-Up:

"The server's certificate chain is incomplete, and the signer(s) are not registered. Accept?"

And it doesnt matter what i do, because next time i visit a site the same happens again, however there is 1 thing common to all:
It's always a certificate from "www.thawte.com" and the issuer is "thawte Extended Validation SSL CA".

And Opera has NO DAMN OPTION TO IGNORE UNCERTIFICATIONS. Damn till now i liked Opera more than Firefox, but if this goes on, i will change back to Firefox for sure...

well someone got an idea, how to make Opera understand, that those certificates are NOT a potential danger?
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

DreadStunLock

AgentX_003

Quote from: DreadStunlock on August 27, 2011, 02:05:41 PM
Screw Opera, go IE <3

you know nothing about computers or you would know that ie is the worst , it has more security holes then paris hilton

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

puuusianka

Quote from: AgentX_003 on August 27, 2011, 09:04:42 PM
Quote from: DreadStunlock on August 27, 2011, 02:05:41 PM
Screw Opera, go IE <3

DREAD IS THE BEST...ie is the worst , it has more security holes then paris hilton

I thought I'll never say that Agent, but Applaud :)

VenomousNinja

Pretty sure it was a joke, Agent.

@OP is the time on your computer correct?

DreadStunLock

frvge edit: no...

Farley4Fan

frvge edit: no, but nice analysis...

NeoSuperior

Quote from: VenomousNinja on August 27, 2011, 10:11:23 PM
Pretty sure it was a joke, Agent.

@OP is the time on your computer correct?

WOA that could be it. usually it synchronizes time well, but just saw, "there was an error, at synchronizing" with time.windows.com

tried it with the time.nist.gov one and it worked. Well maybe i reinstall Opera to test it again, thx.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

VenomousNinja

Aight, glad to know it's fixed.

If your time is off on your computer, a lot of sites will give you a broken certificate error or something.

NeoSuperior

it failed.... w/e... i uninstalled opera and won't use it again, till i got my next comp -.-

- Mike Godwin