Our Kickstarter: discuss it here

Started by frvge, April 26, 2014, 02:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoSuperior

lol, people talking in Ubiforums, about Spy vs Merc being "copyrighted" and sueing Heartcore Games  ;D ... I never heard of something like that before.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

dYnAm1c

You can only copyright code and not a game mode/concept

Ayac

Quote from: dYnAm1c on May 23, 2014, 01:24:21 PM
You can only copyright code and not a game mode/concept

Same as i said in Ubi forums.

Now what about youtube, when are we going to see something from Frankie or anyone else?

RaDRoacH

Thanks for the help on the forums.
I just backed the game half hour ago, KS doesn't support paypal tho?
Sorry if my english is not perfect.

NeoSuperior

wow, 2 people already pledged 150€ or more. But we still didn't even cross 1000€! frvge, what is going on? Why cannot I hear anything from you guys? I really hope you are holding special Team meetings to discuss the next PR steps, because right now it is going too slow and that was merely the fans who wanted to donate from the beginning. Soon the people will come that didn't have a creditcard by using mywirecard or something similar (this includes me), but right now we need a boost! Please tell me you got an undoubtable master plan for this!

BTW, is it impossible to get both Beta access as well as a mention in the credits? I am probably going for exhaustive hacker as a minimum, but that does not include "leave a trace behind" according to the description.

EDIT: Ok, just saw the article (interview) at gamingbuddha, that's what I am talking about! With this maybe we have a chance!
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

AgentX_003

Give them Pay pal, they will come. :D

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

NeoSuperior

We crossed the first 1000€! YAY! 89000€ to go...

- Mike Godwin

RaDRoacH

Quote from: NeoSuperior on May 23, 2014, 10:53:33 PM
We crossed the first 1000€! YAY! 89000€ to go...

YEAH... *looks at 89k€* oooooooooooohhhh :(

Quote from: AgentX_003 on May 23, 2014, 10:17:54 PM
Give them Pay pal, they will come. :D

I agree, come one most of us on FB are around the 18-23 (yrs old) and not everyone owns a credit card...

frvge

The reward tier that's one level above the credits should have had a reference to that tier. Even after looking through it multiple times by multiple people we didn't catch that error. Someone already backed it, so I can't change the text anymore :(

The PR campaign by our external company hasn't started yet because journalists are apparently busy with Noric Game conference. I disagree, but it's their specialty. Of course I'm a bit saddened by the lack of virality that we had when we launched the new site. That was epic.

I just hope we'll get picked up by the media after the weekend. 1% based on organic pledges isn't bad. I did expect a lot more.

Please share and spread the word about our Kickstarter. We need it :)
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

NeoSuperior

I once again want to remind you that the news section in IndieDB is outdated. The Steam Greenlight section even more so. I think updated those would be a way to increase the number of potential fund-givers.

- Mike Godwin

frvge

Thanks. I know. IndieDB is a $%$% in the @$#%# when it comes to getting to the frontpage so I need some time to get it right. You'll see it on Monday, same for Steam.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

RaDRoacH

I suggest to add Paypal asap... let's hope that more people will back you.... this time you need to move fast guys, you only have 27 days.
I've send the news to IGN yesterday, but it looks like that those fucks are ignoring me! Also why PC gamer didn't released news as well?
The ubiforum thread is still alive, and the strange thing is that the managers/mods are moving other threads in the OT forum and not mine... lol very strange.

dYnAm1c

Quote from: RaDRoacH on May 24, 2014, 03:07:51 PM
I suggest to add Paypal asap... let's hope that more people will back you.... this time you need to move fast guys, you only have 27 days.
I've send the news to IGN yesterday, but it looks like that those fucks are ignoring me! Also why PC gamer didn't released news as well?
The ubiforum thread is still alive, and the strange thing is that the managers/mods are moving other threads in the OT forum and not mine... lol very strange.

You cant add Paypal to Kickstarter and a paypal not connected with kickstarter would not have a good overview (and obviously won't help the kickstarter to succeed).
Also IGN is a bunch of money loving console fanatics, if you didnt throw a bunch of money at them they probably won't give a sh*t.

RaDRoacH

That's very bad...
About IGN, yea you are right about that... but I wonder why PC Gamer didn't wrote a article about the kickstart...

AgentX_003

Quote from: frvge on May 24, 2014, 10:47:50 AM
Thanks. I know. IndieDB is a $%$% in the @$#%# when it comes to getting to the frontpage so I need some time to get it right. You'll see it on Monday, same for Steam.

Monday ? No. It has to be sooner then that, Rad roach is right you only have 27 days so the sooner you act the better , because each day you don't act you lose peoples interest .
thats just my two cents , don't listen to agent no one ever does :/

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD