Bull charging as Merc

Started by AgentX_003, May 17, 2014, 12:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AgentX_003

there isn't really any skill into charging as a merc,  when i played on Xbox this changed my view entirely. On xbox you have to aim where you wanna charge , if you don't aim just right then
you miss your charge completely thus getting your neck broken.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

dYnAm1c

You could always immediatly jump after charging if you missed and prevent the spy from grabbing, worked on all plattforms. The charge mechanic is totally fine imo.

AgentX_003

Quote from: dYnAm1c on May 17, 2014, 01:20:21 AM
You could always immediatly jump after charging if you missed and prevent the spy from grabbing, worked on all plattforms. The charge mechanic is totally fine imo.

but to my understanding to do a quick turn on xbox wasn't easy as it is on pc  cause you can only turn 180 degrees :/ by double tapping the thumbstick left or right.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

dYnAm1c

You didn't need to do a 180° turn. If a spy tried to grab a jumping merc, even when from behind, the spy only did an elbow hit and no grab.

NeoSuperior

I am not sure about auto-jump-redirection, but auto-charge-redirection should be completely removed as a mechanic. In 99% of cases it was only leading the merc right into a wall at an angle that causes the bounce-effect.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

frvge

We do not want to add any "auto" behavior (jumping, charging etc) unless it's explicitly defined somewhere.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

dYnAm1c

Quote from: frvge on May 17, 2014, 04:30:30 AM
We do not want to add any "auto" behavior (jumping, charging etc) unless it's explicitly defined somewhere.

I can't imagine how bad it would be if the game had something like "active running" as for example Assassins Creed uses.