Main Menu

Ammo for Spies?

Started by Daybreak, November 20, 2006, 11:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daybreak

No nothing leathal. What I was thinking was how a lot of people blamed Aggro tactics as the problem for CT rather than the steep learning curve, bugs, and choked maps that made it part of the game.

I got to thinking, that aggro behavior would be greatly reduced if the shots by the spies were actually limited. So essentially giving spies shocker ammo. Meaning they would have to limit their aggressive behavior to when it was actually needed. A lot like cams and flashbangs.

It might be a good idea to test. Atleast then spies won't be running around tazing all the time, and creates a new gameplay element that CT doesn't have for spies.

Vega

Never really thought of that.....It would be really interesting to test this out.  I feel this may be a little imbalanced but it's definitely a nice alternative to think about when trying to counter aggro tactics.

Frelli

So if you got no chaff and ammo left, you cant hack a laserd computer  ???

frvge

Which is solved by no lasered PCs  :D
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

USAHOLIO

maybe there can be a way of "hacking" the lasers where u wouldnt need chaff or ammo but it could take a few seconds longer than it would to taze the lasers so people dont do it all the time

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Overstatement

You know what would make aggro spies really hard. A key that alerts your partner that you need help and where you are.

Vega

No need for that, we have voice chat. 

Valserp

Limited shocker doesn't sound right. Especially after one usually shoots 5-6 times, just to be sure that they hit(No matter the targeting system that PS is gonna have, I think that would still be the case... well, unless you implement autoaim  :-X ). How about doing something to triple nading? Limit spies to 2 nades per 1 only(now, now, that's just brainstorming). It would be better to force the spies into attacking together if they want to smoke, chaff and flash at the same time, instead of having each of them do it on their own.

goodkebab

to stop aggro....you just need to eliminate the 3x nadding.

just add the same delay from dropping nads and shooting 2 of the same nads to the shooting of different nads.

This still allows for aggro which is necessary....nothing wrong with double teaming a merc.  To know when merc is untazable...just keep the taze effect visible until he is tazeable again.  30 seconds can apply to cammed merc....but i think we need to keep it the way it already is.

Also, maps like factory and orphanage leave room for stealth players...so the level design is important regarding avoiding aggro.

MacBryce

Exactly. Try to get through Warehouse neutralization, sector 1 without assaulting the mercs and you'll see what I mean. Level design is everything.

Aggro needs to be in this game, but it should be harder to do. With equally skilled teams, aggro should only work when spies outnumber the mercs. That's all. I couldn't care less about merc teams that manage to get theirselves killed when fighting aggro spy. We all know that CT got some adjustments that allow you to deal with an aggro team that's as equally skilled as yourself.

I think that the entire Project Stealth team will agree that there are much better ways to make the game more accessible and enjoyable for new players than to nerf stuff like aggro or the gadgets. I mean... that's the sole reason why most of us turned our backs from Double Agent versus.

goodkebab

Quote from: Overstatement on November 20, 2006, 11:40:35 PM
You know what would make aggro spies really hard. A key that alerts your partner that you need help and where you are.

thats workable....DA has something like this....where you see where your partner is killed on the hud map.  This can work with being shot at or tazed as well.

MacBryce

Ah yes. An excellent suggestion from Overstatement and well spotted, Kebab. That's a low-level decision that we could implement in the clone.

That's something I wouldn't have thought of since I communicate very well with my teammate. New players don't know their teammates and such an addition would be gold for lone wolf players.

The beauty of it is that this wouldn't bother a very skilled aggro team that much. It adds to the game instead of taking away from it.

Vega

I agree with you, Mac, on what we should do about aggro.  I don't want to limit the game and how it already is by making aggro harder to do.  I don't think aggro is that bad and in order to limit it I feel that it is not about limiting the spies gadgets but to increase the abilities of the merc.  For instance, changing the tazer around would surely scare off aggro spies by making it more effective (not PT style however, I heard that tazer was too good from all of you guys).  I like tripple nading and don't want to limit it.  Remember....without the aggro abilities, on some maps spies can be really screwed.  Think about aquarius, that map isn't that easy to stealth if you have two good mercs.

VaNilla

I'd like the button for people who don't have voice, so if we're playing with a guy without voice, we don't have to type to tell him.