More Merc and Spy suits?

Started by grajjio, November 01, 2008, 07:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anyone want to have 3 suits for each team?

Hell yea! It would be a great idea WE LOVE U GRAJJIO!
3 (33.3%)
Ye it seems like a cool idea I want the dev team to make this true!
3 (33.3%)
Grajjio you waste your time with this post! you stink!
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 8

grajjio

Hi, I was wondering if you guys could do more suits for both mercinaries and spies.
As you all know in SCDA you gained rank or somthing like that, to earn new suits.
I thought that was very funny to play and try to earn the best suits for merc and spy. But in PS you could make it MUCH harder to earn them, especially the 3rd (the coolest looking suit)
Only 1 player should be able to have the 3rd suit. And how you earn it, is that you need to be the best spy in ladder mode, or best merc in ladder mode. So many players want to play ladder because they got somthing they can earn from it. Or if its the top 5 spies and top 5 merc that gets the cool suit.

(I don't even know if PS is gonna have a ladder mode)
It would probably take lots of time for the dev. team to create these suits tho. maybe you got some old ideas and take those for merc/spy suits.

frvge

After the release, we'll probably add more skins/suits. But each takes a couple of hundred hours to make, so... they are not planned right now. I hope that answers your question.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Gawain

changing a little detail of the suit for the top 5 players sounds like a nice approach to me...

Tidenburg

frvge, surely it wouldn't take that long at all to make. Of course it would take some time to make extra armour parts but you could just add stuff in, it wouldn't require the whole spy to be rebuilt. Would it?

frvge

Don't underestimate the level of detail involved. Other skins would probably need new modeling. Of course, if you base it on the existing characters, that's no problem.

AFAIK we are planning a female Spy lateron. The current Spy is male. The female would need to be made from scratch, because of the differences in the anatomy. That's easily a few hundred hours.

Smaller things take less time, but that's meh.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.