Main Menu

Dear Europe

Started by Spekkio, July 27, 2010, 03:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YaYz0r

Quote from: Farley4Fan on September 03, 2010, 12:28:54 AMThe first link, a 10 second soundbyte of some random fox host saying that it is a big story (not necessarily that it is a huge deal to be Muslim).  A lot of people in our country would care if he lied about his religion or not.  Context, it's important.  The second link, EVERY SINGLE NEWS NETWORK HAS DONE THIS.  The liberal side of the media (ABC, MSNBC, CBS) sent people on missions to Alaska to get dirt on Sarah Palin.  They get stories wrong, they sometimes flat out don't run stories, every single media news outlet has some kind of agenda and some have an agenda bigger than others.  I could post proof of bias, idiocy, and lies from every news outlet and I'm sure no news outlet around the world is completely innocent.
Look at the reporter's amusement in the first video. Does that give you the impression that he is neutral as a reporter should be? And whatever other news stations may do, it does not justify what Fox does.

Quote from: Farley4Fan on September 03, 2010, 12:28:54 AMIf you are going to be president you must.  Maybe he's not a "true-believer" (whatever this term means, let's just stop using it).  Maybe he was at one point and converted to being Christian.  This is just a circle we are going in now.  So let's stop while we are ahead.  What you and I think is possible is different from what other people believe is possible.  Some people believe a Muslim could go to a Christian church and stomach the disagreement for the sake of being president.  Some people believe it's possible that he could worship Allah at a Christian church. 

I do not believe this to be the case, but is it really that hard to believe that it's at least plausible?  You called these people ignorant, but denying these as possibilities and believing the president just because he says something is like 18th century ignorance. 

And of course he would put down jeremiah wright after the scandal, it was hurting his public image and his chances at winning the presidency!  I call BS that he never heard anything like that during all his extensive years of attending that "Christian" church.  I mean, come on.
Honestly, I am sick of the argument saying that Obama only does this and that in order to get votes. You could use that argument against any politician if you wanted to.

Quote from: Farley4Fan on September 03, 2010, 12:28:54 AMAnd it's your opinion that the Christian things outshine the Muslim things.  Some don't feel that way.  To say your opinion is ultimate and all others are ignorant is, well, ignorant.
Stop being an idiot. How many things can you find that points in the direction of Obama being a muslim? Take away all rumors and leave alone the facts. Then compare what you have left to the facts that points in the direction of Obama being a christian and you will find out that the "Muslim things" definitely are outshined.

Quote from: Farley4Fan on September 03, 2010, 12:28:54 AMI don't believe Obama is Muslim, but I do believe he is pretty anti-American (ala, his church).  As in, he dissaproved of the way things have been done in America so gets elected to mold the country into the America that HE wants.  The day he bowed to another country's leader, I saw that as the day he showed acknowledgment that America sucked but "Hey!  MY America is better!  See?  I'm bowing before you!"  I see that as arrogance (not confidence) and that's a definitive trait I would NEVER want to see in my leader.  It also pisses me off that he decides to apologize for all the "harm" that America has caused.  As in, "Hey, I'm above all that shitty stuff and not related to it in any way but I'm sorry so love MY America now bla bla bla"

This is the kind of shit that really ticks me about Obama, not his religion.
That you keep on saying that Obama is an anti-American person is a complete joke. It is really no wonder that he wants to change things in America. Since you have not realized it yet, I will light things up a bit for you: AMERICA RUNS LIKE SHIT. And it will keep on doing that for many years. Because of this, the rest of the world runs like shit at the moment. Why do you not want change?

The way I see it, Obama is a gift to America. Some ignorant and conservative republicans just do not want to realize it.

CurdyMilk

Quote from: YaYz0r on September 11, 2010, 02:05:41 PM
Honestly, I am sick of the argument saying that Obama only does this and that in order to get votes. You could use that argument against any politician if you wanted to.
Yep every politician does it.

The way I see it, Obama is a gift to America. Some ignorant and conservative republicans just do not want to realize it.
The thing I hate the most is that you act like everything is the conservatives' fault (BTW I am a conservative if you can't tell).  You say we are ignorant, but you are the one who is ignorant for acting like liberals are superior to everybody else.  You say Fox News is biased, well then don't watch it and switch the channel to CNN or something more liberal.  Be a little more realistic man.  And fair.  Even though I disagree with the democrats, at least I don't act like they are stupid or I am way better than them.  

Farley4Fan

Look at the reporter's amusement in the first video. Does that give you the impression that he is neutral as a reporter should be? And whatever other news stations may do, it does not justify what Fox does.

No it doesn't.  Try finding neutrality on ANY news station though.  Also, don't act like this guy is the norm on Fox.  I could post some enthuisastic reporter from CNN, MSNBC, anything - and that's not enough proof dude.  A random reporter I've never even seen with a 10 second film is not enough proof - you're obviously not trying hard enough because there are much worse things out there.  Your obsession with exposing fox as a biased news outlet is kind of a waste of time.  Why?  Because they all are, and we all know this, you're just  being redundant.

QuoteHonestly, I am sick of the argument saying that Obama only does this and that in order to get votes. You could use that argument against any politician if you wanted to.

Hahahahah, the hypocrisy.  I really don't want to say this but... gotcha.  Read what you said above, "just because the others do it does not justify it".  I also think it's funny how you basically say you are sick of it because it's true.

QuoteStop being an idiot. How many things can you find that points in the direction of Obama being a muslim? Take away all rumors and leave alone the facts. Then compare what you have left to the facts that points in the direction of Obama being a christian and you will find out that the "Muslim things" definitely are outshined.

I have to say this again, I don't think he is Muslim.  So obviously I don't see more things pointing to him being Muslim than being a Christian.  So that was definitely a stupid question on your part.  I can see, however, that some people see things another way.  You cannot, because you are close minded and somewhat elitist ("anyone who doesn't think this way is an idiot").  How ironic considering that it's usually conservatives who are labelled close-minded.

QuoteThat you keep on saying that Obama is an anti-American person is a complete joke. It is really no wonder that he wants to change things in America. Since you have not realized it yet, I will light things up a bit for you: AMERICA RUNS LIKE SHIT. And it will keep on doing that for many years. Because of this, the rest of the world runs like shit at the moment. Why do you not want change?

Well your gift to the ignorant of America isn't helping things run less like shit.  Where the hell did I say I don't want "change"?  Quit acting like any change is good change.  Come on, now you're just fumbling for some weak ass mantras.

I meant that Obama was anti-American.  In his early days of presidency.  In his time of arrogance and inexperience.  I'm sure he's woken up and smelled the coffee by now.  In a lot of ways he realized that a lot of his vision of Obama's America was childish and unrealistic.  To put it a different way, he was anti-the way things had been done in America.  I'm sure you can agree with me on that, but I can't agree with him.  All presidents come to the center during presidency because running an office on one side of the spectrum is unhealthy for the country and political suicide.  You saw how fast people got sick of Obama's shit.

QuoteThe way I see it, Obama is a gift to America. Some ignorant and conservative republicans just do not want to realize it.

haha Yeah, we don't see that the same way.  At all.  I'm sorry I haven't come to accept him as my lord and savior like I apparently should.

But I hope that doesn't mean that I'm automatically an ignorant idiot like you've called all others who you disagree with.

Westfall

I haven't read most of this topic. Just came in here to tell you all to get over yourselves. Quit whining and do something, or continue to be that guy on the PS forum... Which a very small percentile of the world care about. Farley is right...all news stations are biased. Unfortunately common sense and being logical are an illusion on TV....look at these fucks that wanted to burn the Quran...Look at these fucks who think Obama has a death panel set up...my bias goes to the democratic party because the republicans are just flat out, blatantly obvious, stupidly wrong. Why do they hold strong? Democrats are a bunch of pussies and you simple simpletons beleve everything on TV that gets fed to you. Go outside...for more than 15 minutes and come talk to me....otherwise shut your fucking holes.......I've been watching for months when I get the chance ( not that often because this project is hitting the shitter). Do your shit and live your life. Stop succumbing to his horrible excuse for a platform to vent your feelings...if you tive a fuck do something, if not stay scared and sit here, otherwise stop your yapping about pointless topics that your voice matters NOTHING over....god I miss the scct days, but they are over and so is this shit. I did his on my. Itouch, so any errors are per apples garbage software....the update sucked. G/L people...

CurdyMilk

Quote from: Westfall on September 12, 2010, 07:04:50 AM
the republicans are just flat out, blatantly obvious, stupidly wrong.
This is why it is impossible to ever have any conversations on this forum about basically anything.  When everybody has an attitude like this, nothing is worth talking about.  Nobody has an open mind whatsoever.

We just just close the forum and stop wasting our time.

Westfall

I pretty much said the same thing about the democrats. TV is why we can't have a good conversation. And because I don't tive a fuck what most people think because they're brainwashed....I have more of an open mind than most people. The reason I don't want to have a discussion with the likes of you is because I don't care enough...especially now. Nothings going to change. Things are going to get worse....even as I try to think positive....

Snakebit.

The funny thing about america.....

B1nArY_001

I'm 4'11 and 672lbs. I found a Brit carcass in one of my folds yesterday. Oh, and I can press 1/80th my own weight... /flex

Quote from: LoChang on September 13, 2010, 05:36:36 PM
Wtf?

Exactly what I thought when I saw this thread...

theDuke

Why do so many Americans think of Europe as ONE country.
Stop generalizing, over here we  don't even get along with each other.

So fuck off faggots.

Farley4Fan

Lol.  Foreigners.

Binary, I only said my height/weight/strength because this thread started with stereotypes.  When people think American, 4000 posts, fan of Chris Farley, they probably think 99% body fat.  I'm showing that stereotypes are bullshit.

Unless it's about Jews.

Or blacks.

Asians.

Anyone except American white people.

Oh, theDuke, you tell people to stop generalizing in your post and your whole post was a big generalization.  tsk tsk

B1nArY_001

Beats me. I happen to like the Brits while I find the French to be obnoxious as a general rule of thumb.

theDuke

I generalize only your country.
Fatass

PS: don't like the french either, bunch of knobs

Farley4Fan

Quote from: theDuke on September 13, 2010, 06:56:28 PM
I generalize only your country.
Fatass

Ok, then here is some of your own advice.

Quote from: theDuke on September 13, 2010, 06:56:28 PMStop generalizing

B1nArY_001

Quote from: Farley4Fan on September 13, 2010, 06:51:37 PM
Binary, I only said my height/weight/strength because this thread started with stereotypes.  When people think American, 4000 posts, fan of Chris Farley, they probably think 99% body fat.  I'm showing that stereotypes are bullshit.

There was a time when the gross generalizations were accurately applied to the online scene/computer savvy. It just cracks me up when I see online posturing. Doubly so because 15-20 years ago I was very into computers but I also spent the other 60% of my day at the skate park, downhill and velodrome racing, playing water polo and later drift racing till I got popped to many times and had my DL pulled for a year. I was that guy that the stereotypical 1980's and 1990's computer geek postured as. No one would even believe I knew a damn thing about computers. Now the vast majority of people are not exclusively interested in gaming and the online scene, but rather use online resources to further their non-geekish activities yet the 1980's stereotype still clings to life when it should have died 10+ years ago when society finally realized computers were not just for the dungeon dwellers.