4 years and 2 months ago...

Started by puuusianka, February 01, 2011, 06:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knooger

Quote from: DreadStunLock on February 01, 2011, 10:37:11 PM
Quote from: puuusianka on February 01, 2011, 09:24:26 PM
Pls don't spam posts with no arguments. We're suppose to be constructive critics.

Excuse me, but everything I said wasn't really untrue, the personal problems were a joke? As well as, because they are indie game, that gives them every right for not setting up a deadline, why the FUCK do you really care if they make a deadline?

First of all you guys are some sort of no lifes that seem to see PS as the only game in the world, and until it's release there is nothing else to play, so before you act all cool Pusiek think about that please. (P.S: This is the reason why I didn't delete the post)

Second of all, what does my art studies got to do anything with them taking another 7 months? Are you stupid? or are you trying to find an excuse, second of all how much do you expect people going to donate? 1$? 10$ if lucky through all the waiting time?

I am not being harsh, but seriously, if PS developers are really hoping to get Donations when it's released, well they are kidding themselves, and I am sure they are not.
Few $ x few hundred = much and for me donation is kind of payment.
And I don't really see a problem to donate by time to time a little.
Frvge could pay then for hosting or sth. :]

puuusianka

Frvge pls discuss with team the matter of deadline. Read my first post and reconsider the things I said. I hope to hear about some results from it.

zglina

Keep going and finally ubi will make new sc with the same or even better verus. After That No One Will Remember PS.. Give us that game finally. Of course we want PS without bugs and with all animations and other things. But right now we want even shitty ps version. So....
Ps isnt Duke Nuke... no one will wait for this game so long.Bah u dont want even show us any gameplay,screens or others videos.

Cronky

I'm surprised by how whiny this thread sounds when read.

Quote from: zglina on February 02, 2011, 12:55:18 AM
Keep going and finally ubi will make new sc with the same or even better verus.

Here's hoping they they are! Perhaps AC:Brotherhood is the turning point in which Ubi remembers that stealth/hiding gameplay is their forte. Returning back to SC roots would do them well. By now they could also go, "We're bringing back Spies Vs Mercs!!!" since they now have a game separating the franchise away from it (Conviction). Every bit of gameplay in SC and SvM can be "new" again.

PS on the other hand will always have the ability to outclass Ubi's SvM design (unless Ubi finds itself opening up more to the community, that is). Unlike a big developer, they will be able to change things on the fly if need be. It'll take constant support like that (and more) from the PS team to do so though. Purely multiplayer games need a constant eye watching them, something that single player games do not (look at Valve with TF2). Ubi's fanbase for SvM means nothing if they just let the game go after it's released and never look back. It, like PT/CT/DA, will die out.

We live in the digital age though. Where a game like Minecraft, from a no name developer, can become internet famous. Making well over his wildest expectations. So I wouldn't count PS out just because they're taking their time making the game to the best of their abilities. They just need to make sure it gets seen when they rounding that last corner till completion.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

zglina

In Minecraft u can make your own maps,things and ...other things,game modes. In PS u cant. Those are different games.
Ps can live long and happy only if Devs will start thinking about fans needs...
But now they only discourage ct fans more and more from PS.

Cronky

...Yes, Minecraft is a different game...

The point of bringing it up wasn't to compare gameplay, though in PS's defense it sounds like you will be able to create maps for PS (when it's released). Instead it was to show that a small team of developers, regardless of time could create something as, if not more, popular than a product from a big name developer.

What's being complained about in this thread though is that they aren't done with the game. We all may be fans of what "could be" with this game, but that doesn't entitle us to some kind of MANDATORY update. It's nice when they do, but that's it.

So yeah, post launch, it WILL depend on the devs to keep the fans happy.  Once beta is out, they should update our asses off with things they plan on implementing on the game that we're already playing. Right now though, they just need to finish the game.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------

zglina

CurdyMilk

Quote from: puuusianka on February 01, 2011, 11:47:13 PM
Frvge pls discuss with team the matter of deadline. Read my first post and reconsider the things I said. I hope to hear about some results from it.
As if what you say is going to change his mind?

Zedblade

Don't know if you guys realize this, but PS is a pretty damn ambitious game, especially for a barley available, non-paid team of at most, 10 people.

knooger

Lol zglina, Ubi don't even think about SvM.. only freaks played it and only freaks play it.

Cronky

Quote from: Lord Zed on February 02, 2011, 06:29:05 AM
Don't know if you guys realize this, but PS is a pretty damn ambitious game, especially for a barley available, non-paid team of at most, 10 people.

Oh, you have TEN people? Pshh, then Beta Nao!

;)
-----------------------

DreadStunLock

Quote from: KnoogeR on February 02, 2011, 06:32:32 AM
Lol zglina, Ubi don't even think about SvM.. only freaks played it and only freaks play it.

HEY! -.-'

But I actually thought back and I will give pusianka small credit for the fact that setting a deadline and if for some reason it's not released won't do that much harm, but some people may take it even more "Bullshit and upsetting route". Though why not try it again?

Cronky

Quote from: DreadStunLock on February 02, 2011, 09:52:26 AM
But I actually thought back and I will give pusianka small credit for the fact that setting a deadline and if for some reason it's not released won't do that much harm, but some people may take it even more "Bullshit and upsetting route". Though why not try it again?

I'm pretty sure the question, "when is it coming out?" is much more fun to answer than, "why isn't it out yet?". To put it simply, that is.

The line is getting hazy with threads like this though that make it seem like they've just been sitting on their hands for a long time, without proper mention of the processes they've been through (switching engines or whatever like... what... 2 times. That's a MAJOR "time waste", but all for the betterment of their product).

Perhaps it's just me, but I'm thinking more and more that any update we have at this point in time is just giving the false expectation that it's supposedly coming out SOON (like... next month). While if they wait for when it IS actually coming out soon to blast us away with hot information day by day (or week by week) then it will please the masses much more. Which in turn can be better than giving the small amount of people that actually post our fix of PS news.

Look at any game that comes out now a days. You see some concept art and then they will usually go dark till about a month or so before the release (this is how hype is formed). PS has done the opposite of that and more, they're doing the equivalent of developer diaries, and shocker... speaking with the community. Simply being reinforced that they ARE working on it, and there IS cool stuff they want to show should be enough for now.

With only 10 or so people backing this whole project though really just gives an advantage to the "shut up and get back to work" philosophy. Sure, you make a disconnect for those that have been at the edge of their seat for 4 years and 2 months (as the thread points out), but you will have much more to show come the time when it really matters.
-----------------------

AgentX_003

Quote from: Cronky on February 02, 2011, 10:27:05 AM
Quote from: DreadStunLock on February 02, 2011, 09:52:26 AM

I'm pretty sure the question, "when is it coming out?" is much more fun to answer than, "why isn't it out yet?". To put it simply, that is.

The line is getting hazy with threads like this though that make it seem like they've just been sitting on their hands for a long time, without proper mention of the processes they've been through (switching engines or whatever like... what... 2 times. That's a MAJOR "time waste", but all for the betterment of their product).

Perhaps it's just me, but I'm thinking more and more that any update we have at this point in time is just gives the false expectation that it's supposedly coming out SOON (like... next month). While if they wait for when it IS actually coming out soon to blast us away with hot information day by day (or week by week) then it will please the masses much more. Which in turn can be better than giving the small amount of people that actual post our fix of PS news.

Look at any game that comes out now a days. You see some concept art and then they will usually go dark till about a month or so before the release (this is how hype is formed). PS has done the opposite of that and more, they're doing the equivalent of developer diaries, and shocker... speaking with the community. Simply being reinforced that they ARE working on it, and there IS cool stuff they want to show should be enough for now.

With only 10 or so people backing this whole project though really just gives an advantage to the "shut up and get back to work" philosophy. Sure, you make a disconnect for those that have been at the edge of their seat for 4 years and 2 months (as the thread points out), but you will have much more to show come the time when it really matters.

Being a proud sponsor of AgentsWorld -ggz, where good games have been delivered to you since 2003  8).
I approve of this message.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

zglina

Quote from: KnoogeR on February 02, 2011, 06:32:32 AM

I read interviev with Jade Raymond and she said she and her team want make game like first sc,pt,ct so.....

Quote from: Lord Zed on February 02, 2011, 06:29:05 AM

Nice...10 people. So ask someone,recruit people from other forums or whatever. If u cant do this alone do it with other peoples.