Main Menu

BF3 Top Ten!

Started by DreadStunLock, June 30, 2011, 02:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadStunLock

Bubbaganoosh

Well it is the BF franchise. As long as they don't fuck it up by making it a console game
then it will automatically blow away any CoD game. If they go back to the BF2 model
then it will be a good game.
"It is a well-documented fact that if you smoke weed you will become a terrorist."  - Farley4Fan
Well it made me lol.

DreadStunLock

Well the mode they showed in the YouTube while he was doing his commentary really did look quite fun.

Westfall

This game looks amazing. I've be playing bfbc2 for some time now and am absolutely pumped about bf3. Coming a month earlier than I thought too. Excited for October.

DreadStunLock

October? You forgot the September open beta! Pew pew pew!

Westfall

Spark Mandriller

what's wrong with this idiot? medics were rare and support were common in bf2? huh?

so this game is basically gonna be bf2 with more fucking unlocks, then? at least the vehicle damage seems nice i guess.

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

From what I recall a lot of people were medics so they could insta-heal themselfs. They also had that british army unlockable weapon that was decently accurate at sniping people.

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Sullen Plummet on July 04, 2011, 08:30:47 AM
what's wrong with this idiot? medics were rare and support were common in bf2? huh?

so this game is basically gonna be bf2 with more fucking unlocks, then? at least the vehicle damage seems nice i guess.

I thought it made sense, who would want to be a medic? I am sure if someone is piling you with headshots, you would die quickly enough anyway.

I guess.

Spark Mandriller

Quote from: DreadStunlock on July 04, 2011, 01:32:40 PM
I thought it made sense, who would want to be a medic? I am sure if someone is piling you with headshots, you would die quickly enough anyway.

Haha, yeah, that's the point! You'd die anyway and then get revived instantly by one of your medic buddies and keep moving. And that wasn't all, they were fucking good at killing people too. The only classes that could outfight them were assaults and ATs at close range, and assaults couldn't heal or revive. Engineers were cool, but only with vehicles, so no competition there. Specops had worse guns, and C4 was only useful sometimes, and support not only had worse guns but a special ability that was obsoleted by the supply crates that every commander had. Snipers sucked because sniping isn't capping (SVD midliners were cool bros though).

Medic was basically the default class unless you had some other specific thing you wanted to do. Fuckin' everyone who's ever played BF2 knows that, I have no idea what the guy in that video was playing.

Quote from: Wh1tE_Dw4rF on July 04, 2011, 09:15:19 AM
From what I recall a lot of people were medics so they could insta-heal themselfs. They also had that british army unlockable weapon that was decently accurate at sniping people.

The scoped rifle wasn't that good. People who sucked went with the G36 because it had no recoil so they could keep spamming until they hit someone, and people who were good went with the AKs for one hit kill headshots or the M16 for the huge accuracy. The first rifle just sorta kinda got ignored, I think.

DreadStunLock

Hmmm, unless the opposite team was made out of medics, I can see the point in them being overpowered, but to be honest, they could just add a 10 second delay in order to revive instead of it being instant :P

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

Quote from: Sullen Plummet on July 04, 2011, 10:19:33 PM
Snipers sucked because sniping isn't capping (SVD midliners were cool bros though).

Not only that but hills and grass didn't render properly at a distance so you could spot them easily as black dots against a blue sky.

knooger

The same shit is in every game. Rendering grass is taking so much memory I would say most from everything. Pretty visible in Arma.