Maps - Make your own!... On paper...

Started by Pusianka, January 02, 2012, 02:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

zglina

Quote from: Farley4Fan on January 07, 2012, 10:40:20 PM
Quote from: Meister_Neo on January 05, 2012, 04:02:26 PM
But maybe it would make more sense to make it from bird perspective next time, because the map right now is not in 3D, no not even in 2D.

I agree.  I have decided to reveal my subway tunnel design starting with a bird's eye layout, and if the feedback is good I'll continue to update with more pictures.

:D GENIUS!

DrNegative

Quote from: frvge on January 02, 2012, 09:43:30 PM
You can always work in UDK. The main concepts stay the same. Just make sure you enlarge things 3 times, because our characters are 3 times bigger than the standard UDK characters.

Hey Frvge,

I have been following the forum for quite some time now, just joined to ask you a quick question. I have been working on a new "River Mall" inspired map within UDK for several weeks now and came across this comment you made about designing everything 3 times larger.

I have been using Ubisoft's map-building guide as a reference for geometric events:

My question is, should I simply triple all of my geometrics so as to be compatible with PS's spy and/or scale?

Thanks.

CurdyMilk

Dr. Negative, here are some  previous posts that may help you out.  (EDITED because links didn't work)

Quote from: frvge on August 08, 2009, 03:07:46 AM
1. Vent Size: 128x128
7.Grab height: I'm not exactly sure, but there is a minimum and maximum. All of which use the same animation. Grabbing using the same animation but at differant heights would be more of a engineer job. (Blending from jump to climb up where a 'grab' event is located.)
3. Door Height/width: Single door - 128x256. Double Door - 256x256.
4.Split Jump Width: 192
5. Running wall jump height of vent: Unsure. The height is probably around 384.
6. COOP Height: 512
7. Rail pull height: 96 (From the lege the spy hangs from, to the top of the heighest railing point.)
8. Pole radius/width: 16
9. Zip Line radius: 4

Quote from: frvge on January 28, 2010, 09:59:54 AM
Spy height should be around 192

1. Vent Size: 128x128
7.Grab Ledge height: TBD - Depends on the animations we use. However, for now keep the minimum height of things to be climbed on to 64 (for a 'step up') and the maximum to 312.
3. Door Height/width: Single door - 128x256. Double Door - 256x256.
4.Split Jump Width: 192
5. Run up wall jump height of vent: TBD - Depends on the  animations we get. But it will probably be around 384.
6. COOP Height: 512
7. Rail pull height: 96 (From the lege the spy hangs from, to the top of the heighest railing point.)
8. Pole radius/width: 16
9. Zip Line radius: 4
10. Stairs - Steep stairs have steps that are 16x16 and Standard stairs, which should be used more often have steps that are 32x16.

DrNegative

Quote from: CurdyMilk on January 19, 2012, 06:42:56 AM
Dr. Negative, here are some  previous posts that may help you out.  (EDITED because links didn't work)

Thanks CurdyMilk. That will help alot.

frvge

we mostly use known sizes, but we are not limited by ge's, so it can differ slightly. in general our system allows for more possibilities so don't worry :)
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Eotall

I actually have a lot of well-design, but unfinished, maps for the old SCCT-pc version.

I've gone through the process of paper design, first 3d-sketch, playtesting, redesigning, textureplacing, creating lighting, playtesting, tweaking, testing... but always stumbled on the finishline due to not being able to create glass/not being able to take objectives at certain angles etc., which are problems due to the editor's shortcomings.

Are you intrested in getting these more-or-less finished map-designs for ideas?

frvge

Yes. I'd be even more interested if you could remake your ideas in the UDK editor ;)

Eotall

I'll get on it!
In the meantime, how do I send the old files to you?

frvge

Just upload them to a filesharing site and then send me the links via Private Message, or on the boards if you prefer that.