Keep the youngins out ...

Started by AgentX_003, July 07, 2007, 06:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Yeah, i have a sound bug too, i just stop hearing ambients, i only hear the guns, AND!!!
i can walk around normally, but the point i hear from is like on the other side of the map.

ex: Im on muse, in mono, and i hear that the spy is shooting the lasers in cafe outside, but i cant friggin hear the other merc that's shooting just next to me... friggin annoying (the reticle works fine, though)

AgentX_003

Quote from: goodkebab on July 13, 2007, 08:04:41 PM
turtle,  your son was the coolest...just for the fact that he knew his age, and knew how to behave around the big kids.  I played with him only once,  but he did get a lot of respect because his father also played.

And no, blacklist serves the entire purpose of the "age limit"....no need to integrate yet another filter.  There are some really good players under 16 yrs,  and face it....i am 32 and that makes me nearly a grandpa in this community.

you seem to be missing the point, the point is .. For chaos theory it says Rated M thus they shouldn't be playing it Period because of their cracked out parents fail to take responsibility of their kids. 

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

The Maestro

When there is a rating on a game its just a warning. Many parents let their kids play mature games because they know their kids are responsible and can handle it.
The sentence below is false.
The sentence above is true.

Zedblade

no age verification at all. If you don't like them, ban/kick them.

AgentX_003

K but what about the problem of people having their name bugged so they cant be kicked.. thats the real question at hand ..

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Eliminate the bug, and you're ok  ;)

Bionic-Blob

Quote from: AgentX_003 on July 14, 2007, 10:01:50 AM
K but what about the problem of people having their name bugged so they cant be kicked.. thats the real question at hand ..

lol?

that bug exists in CT....this is not CT

Farley4Fan

I guess some people tend to believe that this is going to be CT lol

Covert

Quote from: AgentX_003 on July 14, 2007, 10:01:50 AM
That's CT's problem.

Lurch

I still can't understand why people would even think that you would do a total CT clone with all the bugs and netcode problems and all, since you could just play CT if that was the case.

Farley4Fan

The CT clone won't have the same problems, it will just have the same gameplay.

Cyntrox

Quote from: AgentX_003 on July 14, 2007, 03:56:44 AM
Quote from: goodkebab on July 13, 2007, 08:04:41 PM
turtle,  your son was the coolest...just for the fact that he knew his age, and knew how to behave around the big kids.  I played with him only once,  but he did get a lot of respect because his father also played.

And no, blacklist serves the entire purpose of the "age limit"....no need to integrate yet another filter.  There are some really good players under 16 yrs,  and face it....i am 32 and that makes me nearly a grandpa in this community.

you seem to be missing the point, the point is .. For chaos theory it says Rated M thus they shouldn't be playing it Period because of their cracked out parents fail to take responsibility of their kids. 
Ageism is the most common form of discrimination these days...

Spekkio

LennardF1989

I agree it is total nonsense, yes, some childs (and not only childs) are less mature than regular players, but you should remember that games are made for everyone interested... We can't just say: "You're childish, so you can't play this game." PERIOD

PS. I really hate people are judged and limited by age, like, why can you drink alcohol at 16 (in the Netherlands) but not one day before your birthday... And why can you drive a car at 18, but not... well, same as above. Same goes for jobs, I know people WHO REALLY WANT TO WORK, but can't because they are to young, it's just BS IMHO.