Style direction?

Started by goodkebab, November 15, 2006, 12:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacBryce

I just want to say one thing: That spy is going to freeze his ears off in the winter.  ;D :D ;D :D

Vega

AHHHHh the ears are driving me crazy!

seefoo.

i know it will be a while but looks like a good start and i love all the different spy skin ideas!  hit me up if you guys ever need a 4th to help test since i am noob at makin game.

goodkebab

your in the graphics business SeaFood.....why not send us in cools pics of spies looks u like!

Daybreak

Forget that. Tell him to make a cool logo for the game or even come up with a cooler name.
oh wait. I can tell him.

Hey seefoo, you could always make a cool logo or brainstorm some ideas for the name of the game. you are pretty awesome at it. HEy remember that bottle cap you made for me with "The 141" ya... I made those into coasters. They are so sweet. Cost me 30 bucks for 4 but still they rule.

I'm in the middle of drawing some spies too. I haven't drawn people in almost a year so I have to regain that skill. I'm mixing IronMan, Batman, Spider-Man with a taste of startrek. Ya...exactly.

Vega

Nice!  I would love to see everyone's take on how spies should look.  Currently, I'm collecting every idea for a spy and making a collage (sort of, though I don't know how to make it nice looking). 

scope2005

I Like the two lens traditional looking NVG from SCCT Co-Op..

Im a fan of the Special-Ops/Ninja style Spies... the Co-Op Spies just looked great, they looked functional and cool at the same time.. none of this OTT cyberpunk futuristic shit.

One thing I would like to see are goggles that slide up on top of thier heads when not in use, like Single-player...

just dont do anything crazy like giving the spies a tux, and sunglasses that do nvg and thermal imaging  :P

MR.Mic

Quote from: scope2005 on November 17, 2006, 08:24:11 PM
none of this OTT cyberpunk futuristic shit.

One thing I would like to see are goggles that slide up on top of thier heads when not in use, like Single-player...

just dont do anything crazy like giving the spies a tux, and sunglasses that do nvg and thermal imaging  :P

Agreed, Maybe, and Agreed
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

Daybreak

Vega

Quote from: scope2005 on November 17, 2006, 08:24:11 PM
I Like the two lens traditional looking NVG from SCCT Co-Op..
Those definitely look cool.  Love the SvM spy look as well.

Im a fan of the Special-Ops/Ninja style Spies... the Co-Op Spies just looked great, they looked functional and cool at the same time.. none of this OTT cyberpunk futuristic shit.
Agreed but I don't mind it to be a little futuristic.

I say no to this mainly because I don't like seeing the eyes of a spy.  I like them to be a ghost.

Yes, please don't  :D

Is OTT "Over the top?"

seefoo.

@ kebob.  oh i like da ultraviolet spies with the body armour lookin outfit, i also like DA's style, cept for the ears  :P looks so weird.  i also like this:

a new type of goggle? hehe.  can just add sc type goggle on.  in place of the sword can put the shocker, be kinda kewl on the back like in the solo.  this is a stretch but see the knife?  mmm.  would be sweet to have that.  you are in an aggro situation you can stab for 1/2 health then your m8 follows through for a neutralize combo.  be so funneh.
i know it'll be some b4 you guys start doing gameplay stuff but i do have a couple of ideas though that might not be out there so much.  ill just mention them now so i dont forget.  maybe instead of just elbowing the merc, you can do backflips off his chest.  will have same effect as elbowing but you landing in opposite direction running away.  maybe a kick also having the same effect as an elbow...well the kick might be weird.  maybe just differnt punch animations and the backflip.   so the animations just dont get monotonous.  can do it like hitting interact button and a direction (ie. interact+S = backflip)? or idk something to that effect.  OH and also inverted grabs, coop move from CT coop.  where you toss your buddy into a merc or across a huge gap.

Quote from: Daybreak on November 17, 2006, 06:59:42 PM
HEy remember that bottle cap you made for me with "The 141" ya... I made those into coasters. They are so sweet. Cost me 30 bucks for 4 but still they rule.

wow, forgot bout that!  did i give you the vector file of it?  i forget what it looks like heh.  i misplaced the vector source.  anyhow that is really awesome u used it ^^.

Vega

some interesting ideasssss.  That spy is pretty cool looking too, more ninja-like then the rest we have posted.

I really like the ultraviolet spies too......they are so damn cool looking.  8)

I just watched Mission Impossible 3 and he had the exact type of outfit that I was thinking of for a "modern" type look.  Instead of having black latex or what not, he had just regular black clothes on with cool gadgets and equipment strapped to him.

It looks a little bit like a merc outfit but with a mask and some vision goggles it may work out well.

The-Chicken6

i realy like the look of MI3 as wel :) but he needs to get a bit changed.. so it wil fit better into our idees ;)

MacBryce

I was thinking about a white spy who is completely invisible in light. Nevermind though, I can't imagine it working very well.

It's just an idea I got watching an episode from Samurai Jack. He's a white ninja fighting a black ninja in a building with small windows. The episode is completely in black in white, so you've got shadows and light but nothing in between inside the building. It's pretty cool since Jack is visible in the shadows but he can't see his enemy there, while his enemy is visible in the light but can't see Jack there.