Style direction?

Started by goodkebab, November 15, 2006, 12:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

That's indeed a really original concept! Maybe as a bonus mission or add-on/plugin :D
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

MR.Mic

Quote from: MacBryce on November 18, 2006, 12:13:56 PM
I was thinking about a white spy who is completely invisible in light. Nevermind though, I can't imagine it working very well.

It's just an idea I got watching an episode from Samurai Jack. He's a white ninja fighting a black ninja in a building with small windows. The episode is completely in black in white, so you've got shadows and light but nothing in between inside the building. It's pretty cool since Jack is visible in the shadows but he can't see his enemy there, while his enemy is visible in the light but can't see Jack there.

Sounds better-suited for a spy vs spy mode. Which could be added at a later date.
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

Overstatement

Wouldnt the idea of skins ruin the concept of military uniforms?
We cant have two spies/mercs wearing different clothes in the same game.

Vega

Well....we can certainly go out of the boundries on this one.  Besides, none of these are military organizations.  Mercenaries are individual contractors and the spies are a secret organization.  No real reason why they can't look different.

But besides all that, it isn't even confirmed that each individual spy/merc will look different from one another (perspectively).

MacBryce

Yeah, there's no word whether or not the skins will be team-skins or individual ones. Let's get a tech demo first.

frvge

Naked female skin FTW.  :o :o
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

MacBryce

Get a girlfriend, lad.  :D :D :D

Although that would make for interesting coop moves.

Lurch

If you want to stay at least somewhat realistic with the gadgets and include camosuit, you need to have latex spies with minimal pockets and stuff that's hanging around so that the suit would actually be able to properly cloak the spy. That eliminates goggles that are flipped up and down. Also, that probably makes the opsat screen integrated into goggle optics and having only buttons in spy's "bracer".

Vega

good point, never thought of that.  Then again, it isn't about realism so maybe we can get away with it ^_^

Lurch

It's not just the realism. It looks stupid that a spy with swatlike gear suddenly cloaks up. I mean, suddenly his face switches color that's matching his surroundings. Cool eh?

Vega

Eh, I honestly wouldn't care if I saw that situation.  The spy has his gun on the side of his hip, how is that any different than to have extra pockets of stuff?

Overstatement

As long as it doesn't look stupid, it can probably defy the laws of technology.

Lurch

Well, if you'd have a compact sticky shocker inside a pocket (and gadgets), plus slim and smooth clothing, the suit is much more likely to work effectively compared to Tom Cruise's crumpled (spelling?) clothing in MI. I agree that the realism department isn't much of an issue, but isn't it a lot easier and faster too to model a guy with latex suit that cover the whole body rather than the hollywood spygear?

Vega

Quote from: Lurch on December 01, 2006, 10:36:19 PM
Well, if you'd have a compact sticky shocker inside a pocket (and gadgets), plus slim and smooth clothing, the suit is much more likely to work effectively compared to Tom Cruise's crumpled (spelling?) clothing in MI. I agree that the realism department isn't much of an issue, but isn't it a lot easier and faster too to model a guy with latex suit that cover the whole body rather than the hollywood spygear?

sure, I don't see how it wouldn't be faster.  Just to note, I'm not disagreeing with you on the latex suit, I think the current spies look awesome.

Lurch

Quote from: Vega on December 02, 2006, 06:22:20 AM
I think the current spies look awesome.

Aye, they look way more hardcore compared to spies in movies.