Texture Artist - Modelling

Started by ElShotte, November 15, 2006, 05:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElShotte

Hey guys, I want to apply for a Texture Artist/Skinner/2D Design position, below is a link to a .rar file with my work, I had more, but due to a recent HD failure I got stuck with what I had on the FTP.

Download here.

NOTE: I am also a Modeller but do not wish to gain a position as one unless necessary, in most of the shots the models were also made by me.

Work History:

Ring Of Terror - Unreal Tournament 2K3 - Modeler
Urban Ghost - Ghost Recon - Scratch to Finish by Myself (Models, Textures, Etc.)
Agent Rez - Soldier Of Fortune 2 - Modeler/Skinner/Animator
Frag.Ops - Unreal Tournament 2K4 - Skinner
True Combat: Elite - Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory - Skinner

Software Used:

Maya 7.0.1, Adobe Photoshop CS2, Milkshape 3D, UnrealED

Software Familiar with:

3ds Max, Illustrator, Lightwave, Cinema 4D, GoLive and then some.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I played Splinter Cell since the beginning, I am familiar with the versus mode, allthough I haven't played it much, never had any decent people to play with.

Meathead

Takes Abit to download. Slow net? But cant wait :D

ElShotte

Meathead

They are cool. I see you use 3dmax with your models very cool And you have your own site?

ElShotte

Nah, I need to make a portfolio page, just can't get to it.

Meathead

Ma i ask why do they have the logo for truecombat?

ElShotte

Perhaps because they were made for TrueCombat: Elite and as I said I grabbed them from my FTP. All those guns were made for TrueCombat:Elite, but they don't have the watermark because they are the originals. Visit the site and see for yourself. My alias there was ShoT.

goodkebab

Nice renders!  You comfortable working with normal maps?  It we can get a highpoly modeller, would you be cool with creating the low poly model and the normal maps?  Texture Artists should be creating their own UVs which is why I suggest that.

MacBryce

First time that I'm a bit late.  ;D I think that's great because that means that this site is coming alive.

Here's the standard message that I post below every sollicitation.
Thanks for the offer. Check the site to stay up to date. When enough people have signed up, we're going to assemble the actual team. In the meantime you can chat in the public discussion about the game. Don't forget to spread the word. We still need more developers.

ElShotte

Yeah I can work with normal maps man. I can UV, I can rig... although I prefer not to go as deep into one model as rigging and animating, for time conserving reasons.

Meathead

Cool man cant wait. And yea i know what you mean by time with rigging and stuff.

goodkebab

i will probably doing all the character stuff...so no need of rigging on your part.  I have a coworker i might persuade into animating (he is far better then me at it)

ElShotte

Roger. (Whew thank God, I hate rigging). Also, I have noticed I am the only Texture Artist applying?

EDIT: I've just spoken to a friend of mine in the industry, and he says he has access to about 5 gigs of Mo-Cap data that he could let us have.

MacBryce

What's the license on the Mo-Cap data? If it's "stolen" or "borrowed from a company's archive without their consent", then we don't need it.

ElShotte

Not sure, going to have to ask him.