"Greatest" possibly implemented ideas provided so far by the community.

Started by Roberto1223, May 29, 2009, 10:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberto1223

ok so, im just trying to summerize this to get the big picture.
and answer a very important question.

which is: "is the forum serving a fucking porpuse at all?"

it seems as if most if not all of the communities ideas have been turned down by both the Devs and the community itself, and i wouldnt say that it is because all of the ideas are bad.

ok, so from my point of view, some good ideas, that could/should potentially be in the game at least in a freaking BETA gamplay test for god's sake are:

*Chaff [gray/white] cloud on EMF vision effect. (Good against get-away EMF sniping, not to mention it makes sense).

*Spy blood trail. (could be only like 5 to 8 footsteps, and could even be used as a distraction)

*Spy healing animation (make healing take a few seconds and not some tinkerbell magical instant bullshit)

*Spy Elbow hit on face of merc blurs merc vision for a few (1 to 1.5) seconds? (might wanna try it out)

*Ventral-side-to-floor (belly to floor). like "back to wall". only for hiding porpuses. NOT FOR CRAWLING AND NOT FOR VENTS.

*ADD AN IDEA THAT YOU THINK IS GOOD AFTER HAVING DISCUSSED IT IN THE FORUM, AND HAD AT LEAST A FEW POSITIVE REPLIES.

So i would like to see a list of ideas from the DEVS that they think are good ideas from the COMMUNITY!

frvge

AFAIK, the first point will be in. (chaff blocking EMF in direct line-of-sight to Spy when Merc is outside chaff-range).

Spy Healing depends. Adds another animation, but is technically possible.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

I <3 U

the blood idea creates to much of an imbalance IMO. the elbow hit thing seems logical tho tbh.

LennardF1989

One point though: Devs never openly decline ideas, as in saying: "It will not be in the game", we always keep it in the background just in case. I personally would add 3 out of 5 to the game just to test them.

I <3 U

I think these should be added:

*Chaff [gray/white] cloud on EMF vision effect. (Good against get-away EMF sniping, not to mention it makes sense).

*Spy healing animation (make healing take a few seconds and not some tinkerbell magical instant bullshit)

*Spy Elbow hit on face of merc blurs merc vision for  (0.5) seconds? (might wanna try it out).

AgentX_003

Quote from: FR33M4N on June 01, 2009, 10:21:12 AM
I think these should be added:

*Spy Elbow hit on face of merc blurs merc vision for  (0.5) seconds? (might wanna try it out).

the way they had it in pt was pro,  the screen would make a fuzzy effect  :P ,like the disruption of a tv :P.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Gawain

tons of athmospheric stuff in pt was godlike, imo the devs should try to find out what made for the intense athmosphere and copy some ideas. it was pt that got me into svm, not ct...

Spekkio

You are all n00bs. The best idea was my idea to expand the stealth/sound/detection system. Go search for it and gawk in awe.

But hey, I suppose spies bleeding like a stuck pig is good, too.

I <3 U

Quote from: Rambo on June 01, 2009, 03:47:04 PM
tons of athmospheric stuff in pt was godlike, imo the devs should try to find out what made for the intense athmosphere and copy some ideas. it was pt that got me into svm, not ct...

only cos u played it first dipshit :P.

Gawain

Quote from: FR33M4N on June 02, 2009, 09:11:23 AM
only cos u played it first dipshit :P.
i seriously doubt ct would have gotten me into svm that much.

Quote from: Spekkio on June 02, 2009, 01:26:16 AM
The best idea was my idea to expand the stealth/sound/detection system. Go search for it and gawk in awe.
it was a very interesting approach, but way too complicated. as long as we get something in between eax superhearing and non-eax deafness, i'm okay with it.

Spekkio

Quoteit was a very interesting approach, but way too complicated.
How so? I think that the idea was rather intuitive; for example, walking in an aluminum ventilation shaft is going to create much more noise than walking on a carpet. Allowing the player to scale his speed to account for this + ambient noise yet still remains stealthy is not over-complicated, it's common sense.

The whole "I can creep at this speed and be silent through everything" vs. "I can run at this speed and be not silent at all" regardless of background noise is an antiquated approach. You might as well have the entire environment made of the same thing in that case.

Additionally, if you go back and read through the thread, I'm also in favor of giving the player some sort of noise meter that would let the player know the level of ambient noise and the level of noise he's giving off.

But hey, like I said, I guess it's better that people keep thinking up of stupid gadgets to give the spies and mercs. Rocket launchers, anyone?

Gawain

i'd much rather see a more sophisticated sound system than tons of new gadgets, custom skins and other bullshit. you're right, with a soundmeter it could work out, but it would be even more work for the map makers.

Bubbaganoosh

Quote from: Spekkio on June 02, 2009, 11:18:51 PM
Quoteit was a very interesting approach, but way too complicated.
How so? I think that the idea was rather intuitive; for example, walking in an aluminum ventilation shaft is going to create much more noise than walking on a carpet. Allowing the player to scale his speed to account for this + ambient noise yet still remains stealthy is not over-complicated, it's common sense.

The whole "I can creep at this speed and be silent through everything" vs. "I can run at this speed and be not silent at all" regardless of background noise is an antiquated approach. You might as well have the entire environment made of the same thing in that case.

Additionally, if you go back and read through the thread, I'm also in favor of giving the player some sort of noise meter that would let the player know the level of ambient noise and the level of noise he's giving off.

But hey, like I said, I guess it's better that people keep thinking up of stupid gadgets to give the spies and mercs. Rocket launchers, anyone?

The sound meter like in the single player wouldn't be a bad idea.

Sounds can make or break a game I think. If the sounds are so good they immerse
you in the experience then the game will much more enjoyable. If you play a game
with really nice graphics but shitty sound you will likely not play it long. Sure
we all love the eye candy but having environmental audio makes it that much
better.
"It is a well-documented fact that if you smoke weed you will become a terrorist."  - Farley4Fan
Well it made me lol.

Gawain

what i don't get is why folks are that attached to a high number of unnecessary gadgets (3 weapon sys, poison mine, shooting ropes and other crap concepts) instead of really going for innovation in form of enhancing the gameplay in its very basics. what mr.mic did with the special visions certainly improves the game way better than having a selection of tons of different gadgets and skins and whatelse crap all the kiddies want. just do the same with the sound system and we really have the next generation of svm.

AgentX_003

Quote from: Rambo on June 03, 2009, 06:40:25 PM
what i don't get is why folks are that attached to a high number of unnecessary gadgets (3 weapon sys, poison mine, shooting ropes and other crap concepts) instead of really going for innovation in form of enhancing the gameplay in its very basics. what mr.mic did with the special visions certainly improves the game way better than having a selection of tons of different gadgets and skins and whatelse crap all the kiddies want. just do the same with the sound system and we really have the next generation of svm.

kids ? , alot of people on this forum are about 18-34 so that little comment there fails.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD