First steps at modelling in 3Ds Max

Started by puuusianka, July 18, 2011, 07:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puuusianka

Ok give your best shot, I am mentally prepared! For now...

seef.

I don't know much about 3d modeling but it looks nice.  I do really want to pull that blue handle and let the air out though  ;D

Cronky

You gonna put some textures on that balloon? Cause it looks nice now, but I want to know if you're going to put something comically inappropriate on it. ;)

Are you making this for something, or was this just for poops and giggles?
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

puuusianka

a spinn off from Rocamadour

Cronky

Let the spies infiltrate by hot air balloon! The sneakiest of all slow air type transports!
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Cronky on July 18, 2011, 08:52:59 PM
Let the spies infiltrate by hot air balloon! The sneakiest of all slow air type transports!

Mercenary presses "B" aims up.

Spy1: WTF MAN!?
Spy2: Cronly said this was a sure thing oO

Cronky

There's your problem! I own the Alien Quadriliogy. That 4-some of movies has taught me one thing...

Nobody ever looks up
-----------------------

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Cronky on July 18, 2011, 08:58:41 PM
There's your problem! I own the Alien Quadriliogy. That 4-some of movies has taught me one thing...

Nobody ever looks up

Funny, I own Batman, Spider-man, Cat woman episodes....they don't either  >:( :( :-[

puuusianka

Oke! Another picture to cover this spam above:

Texture by Haxiorek

AgentX_003

why da hell is the column red :/....... last time i checked they were just stone masses  :|.

@ the hot air balloon idea , I love it and that would be epic if the spies could escape in that :D, just for the arguement maybe make it bullet proof xP with bullet proof glass panels shaped like squares all the way around the entire surface of the balloon :P

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Cronky

It's red for the same reason \/\/\/\/\/\/\/ isn't... whatever color you imagine stone masses to be.

Boom. Reality exploded. :D
-----------------------

puuusianka

Quote from: AgentX_003 on July 18, 2011, 09:26:41 PM
why da hell is the column red :/....... last time i checked they were just stone masses  :|.

@ the hot air balloon idea , I love it and that would be epic if the spies could escape in that :D, just for the arguement maybe make it bullet proof xP with bullet proof glass panels shaped like squares all the way around the entire surface of the balloon :P

You know what's funny? :) The only person that actually agrees with you is my Dad xD. Ye I guess the colors might be a little too agressive I'll tell Haxiorek to take care of that since he's the author of the new texture. I have still no clue about texturing.

LennardF1989

I must say I'm glad with the community initiative to make maps and custom props! They look good. Keep it up, you'll learn a lot from doing it and it's fun to do while waiting for PS :)

puuusianka

DreadStunLock

Quote from: puuusianka on July 19, 2011, 01:16:08 AM
Enhanced balloon!

Baloon looks great, now what you need to do, is either add another ring like the one you got at the bottom and move it all the way to the middle of your baloon so it looks like it can actually be functional, or delete the one on the very end and add it to the half-way between the middle of the ball shape and the end point.