Main Menu

Estimated date?

Started by Jordan, August 16, 2011, 07:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan

Just came back to check on how PS was doing and things look great. Is there any estimated date for a BETA or release yet?
Please don't tell me that you are going to let Splinter Cell 6 beat you to release.

Also could you perhaps place a progress bar on the home page to show us how far along you are?

VenomousNinja

When it gets done/When it gets done/20When it gets done

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Jordan on August 16, 2011, 07:33:30 AM
Please don't tell me that you are going to let Splinter Cell 6 beat you to release.

This.

effing, This.

But I would wait for it even if Splinter Cell 18:Remastered has beat you to release.<3

LennardF1989

We're pretty damn close to first rough gameplay. Slow progress has been mostly caused by me, but I can assure you that even in my absence the team continued working on a lot of elements.

As for the rest: It's done when it's done, but I hope it's soon ;)

DreadStunLock

Splash a big logo behind the forum theme of it's release date :) either with a blood themed TBA, or Release countdown: WHEN IT'S DONE

knooger

NeoSuperior

I remember some dev saying: around end 2011/ beginning 2012... but i guess that is not valid anymore?
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Meister_Neo on August 16, 2011, 04:31:57 PM
I remember some dev saying: around end 2011/ beginning 2012... but i guess that is not valid anymore?

Nothing is true, everything is a lie :P

frvge

Quote from: Meister_Neo on August 16, 2011, 04:31:57 PM
Lennard, as Lead Programmer, was out of the running for about 5 months. So that's a 5 month delay. Seeing as we're already in month 8 and a year has 12 months, 8+5 = 13. Hmz, so apparently we will be at the point we wanted to be at around mid-Summer, in mid-January 2012.

Short answer:
Correct, the timeline has jumped 4-5 months.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

NeoSuperior

that was a bit confusing... so we can expect some kind of release in January?
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

Cronky

It is worded a little funny, but what he's saying is:

That quote is from mid-summer. At that point, if nothing went wrong, then beta was supposed to come out around the end of 2011/beginning of 2012. Since Lennard got busy for 5 months, thus impeding progress, they are now 5 months behind from that quote.

...Expect beta next June... so much easier to say that ;)
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

NeoSuperior

oh... NOOOOO 1 more year?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ATEB ATEB ATEB ATEB ATEB ATEB ATEB ATEB ATEB ATEB I WANT IT NOOOOOW!

- Mike Godwin

Cronky

Let's just hope Lennard and all the others currently working just work at 5x the speed per month! ;)
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

Jordan

The reason I ask is because if you let SC6 beat you to release, and they include a SvM, you may have some serious troubles with your fanbase.

Trust me, I LOVE what I see from PS and am loyal to the cause, but I can't guarantee that many of the fans that have been here for 5 years won't jump ship if (and thats a major IF) they receive a proper SvM from yours truly.

The character models are badass by the way!

frvge

AFAIK, SvM will probably not make it into S6. Then again, I follow it a LOT less.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.