What was completed so far, and the bugs that need fixing.

Started by SpliNterCellFan697, December 15, 2012, 05:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpliNterCellFan697

Alright, the Project Stealth developer team is possibly a little bit closer of completing a beta. After watching gaming footage on YouTube, I assume that the Project Stealth developer team still haft to fix some bugs.

The bugs
1. Problems with interactions with stuff like control panels and grabbing the mercenary character.
2. Some sound syncing problems
3. Finding and syncing the hard landing sound effect
4. Some possible clipping issues
5. The mercenary doesn't seem to be carrying a weapon
6. The grabbing animation to the mercenary character is kinda laggy and off a bit
7. The cameras don't seem to trigger alarms like lasers do.
8. Spy rolling animations seem to lag a little bit too.
9. Jumping over railing seem to have a near 1 second delay to it.

That's basically most of the bugs that caught my eye in that video. So as a community by the Project Stealth developer team's side. We should be able to have this opportunity to motivate these talented game designers to fix these bugs and finally release a beta. Hopefully these bugs aren't too complicated to fix, because I'm really eager and patient like everyone else is that would like to play Spies vs Mercenaries again. THE RIGHT WAY.  Not the way where Ubisoft decided to fuck up our favorite part of the muiltiplayer experience for Splinter Cell.
Splinter Cell never had killing in motion to begin wtih.
3rd in command of the DSC clan.

frvge

7 is expected behavior. It's up to the person who made the map what to do. We will have a final check on this type of thing later.
8 I don't see the problem.

The rest is known. It's a vid made for fun. We've had most of this working (and even at a better state, because things broke down again) for a while.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

NeoSuperior

For me the only things that bothered me in that video a bit were

1. Collision size of spy seemed too big (to the side of the spy at least as he got stuck very easily)
2. The animation of the spy to hold position is a bit delayed.

Also i got a question: Will the "hard landing" always consist of the spy doing a roll? (aside from landing directly in front of a wall)

And: Why is the video only the "2nd" video on greenlight?
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

frvge

For the hard landing:
From a certain speed (not height, but I guess it translates to height indirectly). the Spy does a roll. From higher than that, he does the hard landing.

The roll is one of the very few auto-moves, but it'll be consistent and won't be "hackable" with the vision-switch glitch, so it's behavior that you should put in your strategy.

It's the 2nd video because I want a trailer-ish video to be first. Zed's dev commentary got removed to make room for this new one.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

NeoSuperior

If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

frvge

Yes, I know. I'm not sure they accept mkv files, so I'll probably need to re-encode it. Will happen over the next few days. The same goes for the menu video.

SheikTheGeek

I actually enjoyed the multiplayer in Double Agent and Blacklist.  Why are you looking at me like that?

NeoSuperior

BUMP for:
Quote from: Meister_Neo on December 16, 2012, 01:48:34 AMHmm the video is missing on the indieDB page.

Quote from: frvge on December 16, 2012, 04:26:45 AMYes, I know. I'm not sure they accept mkv files, so I'll probably need to re-encode it. Will happen over the next few days. The same goes for the menu video.

It's not there yet.

- Mike Godwin

frvge

I tried to re-encode them today, but I couldn't get it to give acceptable quality. I lost parts of the original source file. I'll probably re-do it later, once I have sounds in for the menu (some bleeps and so on).

Asshole

Nobody is going to like this, but regarding point 7. It always made a lot of sense to me for camnet to be eliminated and for the regular cams to serve as camnet, in the sense that mercs can see through them, but can only see whatever the camera is moving over as it moves side to side automatically. The advantage would be that, maps have a lot of these cameras in really good positions, the disadvantage would be the lack of remote control and their ability to be disabled.

The fact that mercs have both "camnet" and another camnet which is not really camnet and is just some kind of toy camera nobody gives a shit about just doesnt make sense to me. Its just my opinion though. Of coarse there would be balancing to be done. Either that, or get rid of all those dumb cameras and make them all into user controlled camnet (pretty difficult for spy unless you make them capable of being disabled by shocking or hacking them)

That would be cool actually. Implement very well positioned camnet cams, (remotely controlled and everything) but implement some sort of hacking or disabling method for spies. Perhaps even some kind of coop hack, where one spy disables while the other walks by. etc.
I like that last idea! what do you think. Im glad I typed this stuff out because I came up with something!

frvge

Ideas like yours have been discussed in the past. We're looking into them after we finish the main game.
Although it might make some programming easier. We'll have to see.

NeoSuperior

Video still not uploaded on indieDB?

oh "later". Sry forgot that "later" is relative  ;D

- Mike Godwin

frvge

I lost the source files of 1 vid and transcoding didn't work. The other vid is still possible, but it's hard to get the video under the limits of indiedb.

Savior20061

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7339/savsig2cp5.jpg[/img]
An upcoming novel by me.
Melonie from SC forums made this sig =D