Keep the youngins out ...

Started by AgentX_003, July 07, 2007, 06:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AgentX_003

H mm just an idea here but .. once this project is at full steam ahead , Since I already know , Frvge does all the internet stuff, id like to request that there be an age verification page  . i dunno about you but i like

playing against older people with maturity.. rather then 12 year olds coming in and singing their Pop music .. I'm gunna toss out the old double agent card, don't hate . but i dunno what it was .. if it was the rating or the lack of popularity .. but point is there was a lot of older people.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

goodkebab

I have suggested a host controlled rating system so that you can identify pro servers and noob servers.  It should be a simple matter to filter noobs from joining.

AgentX_003

WOW .. thanks kebab that just made me think of this .. Hmm how about , a rating system that only the host can see but invisible to others.. 

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

goodkebab

that would classify as a "nice to have feature"  ....

Farley4Fan

I somewhat agree with the keep the youngins out thing, but I somewhat don't.  Example, I have an 11 year old on my friends list only because he is mature and pretty decent at CT.  I agree more with keeping immature players out, regardless of age.  This is another reason why there should be a rep system, to let people know what the person is like so they can filter them through their game.  There should be a feedback system, sending immature feedback notes to an immature player.  I don't want to play with little gay kids who sing songs and get killed and complain.

goodkebab

Tal

Quote from: Papa Skull on July 08, 2007, 01:09:13 AM
I somewhat agree with the keep the youngins out thing, but I somewhat don't.  Example, I have an 11 year old on my friends list only because he is mature and pretty decent at CT.  I agree more with keeping immature players out, regardless of age.  This is another reason why there should be a rep system, to let people know what the person is like so they can filter them through their game.  There should be a feedback system, sending immature feedback notes to an immature player.  I don't want to play with little gay kids who sing songs and get killed and complain.

hahaha like the 9 year old girl i played with last year... she sang primary school songs through out the whole game... man I got pissed off...

Farley4Fan

Wow, I can't believe you remember a game you played last year lol

And yes, turtle.

The Maestro

IF there is is an age verification page all the 12 yearolds would just say that they are 20 or soemthing.
The sentence below is false.
The sentence above is true.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Quote from: SmokE.ScreeN on July 13, 2007, 06:56:07 AM
IF there is is an age verification page all the 12 yearolds would just say that they are 20 or soemthing.
I agree with that.

Farley4Fan

The real only way around this is muting the person.  :-\

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Quote from: Papa Skull on July 13, 2007, 01:31:51 PM
The real only way around this is muting the person.  :-\
I want it in the game.

goodkebab

turtle,  your son was the coolest...just for the fact that he knew his age, and knew how to behave around the big kids.  I played with him only once,  but he did get a lot of respect because his father also played.

And no, blacklist serves the entire purpose of the "age limit"....no need to integrate yet another filter.  There are some really good players under 16 yrs,  and face it....i am 32 and that makes me nearly a grandpa in this community.

Daybreak

I knew there was something odd about how well you work and the direction you take things and how you handle them. You're old. LOL. I'm 26 so I'm getting there.

As for the youngins, just use the black list. Or find away to recreate the bug I get often. I lose the ability to hear people talking. That's it. It's happened as the game starts, mid game and at the end.